News
18-seater bus loaded with political thugs was intercepted in Yobe
18-seater bus loaded with political thugs was intercepted in Yobe
By: Yahaya Wakili
Yobe State Police Command, in collaboration with the Nigerian Army, has intercepted an 18-seater bus loaded with political thugs in Gashu’a, Bade local government area, as it was meant to arrive in Damaturu to obstruct the electoral process.
This was contained in a release issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Dungus Abdulkarim, which was made available to newsmen in Damaturu.
According to the release, a military checkpoint intercepted the bus while conveying thugs to Damaturu metropolitan council to cause mayhem in the electoral process but made their waterloo, adding that the police took them into custody for a district investigation and subsequent prosecution.
He revealed that the suspects claimed they were recruited to serve as agents of one of the opposition parties. Meanwhile, the investigation is swift to unravel the criminal implications of the matter.
The Yobe State Commissioner of Police, CP Garba Ahmed, reiterated the commitment of the police and sister security agencies in the state to ensure the security and safety of the electorate and the relative peace enjoyed in the state.
He calls on the good members of the public to remain resolute and shun violence and thug-related vices, as security is firm to act on any untoward deviation.
Some of the suspects arrested are: Abu Bukar Garba Bololo, 25 years old; Habu Mato, 35 years old; Suleman Musa, 50 years old; Yusuf Danjuma, 33 years old; and Abdullahi Haruna, 45 years old. Zanab Mohammed, 25 years old, Rachael Bitrus, 23 years old, and seven other syndicate members, all from Jakusko and Bade local government areas.
18-seater bus loaded with political thugs was intercepted in Yobe
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
