Connect with us

National News

2023: Again, PDP extends sales of nomination forms 

Published

on

2023: Again, PDP extends sales of nomination forms 

2023: Again, PDP extends sales of nomination forms 

The Peoples Democratic Party has again extended the date for its sale of nomination and expression of interest forms to Friday.

The last day for the submission of already completed forms is now Monday, April 25, 2022.

This is contained in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Debo Ologunagba in Abuja on Thursday.

Ologunagba said that after thorough consideration of various issues and concerns in the party, the PDP extended the closing dates for the purchase of expression of interest and nomination forms to Friday.

“Under the reviewed timetable, the last day for the submission of already completed Forms has been extended to  April 25.

READ ALSO: NIGERIAN AIR FORCE TO INVESTIGATE CAUSE OF TRAINER AIRCRAFT CRASH IN KADUNA

“Consequently, the following new dates have been fixed for the screening as well as Appeals arising from the screening of aspirants for various positions;

“The State House of Assembly and National Assembly April 27; Governorship, April 28; Presidential, April 29.

“The Appeals on all screening exercises is May 2.”

Ologunagba added that under the updated timetable, the three-member Ad Hoc Ward Congress had been fixed for April 30, while the Local Government Area National Delegates Congresses would now hold on  May 5.

He said that all dates for primary elections for various positions remain the same.

He reminded all State Assembly aspirants that all their duly completed forms were to be submitted to the various states’ secretariat of the party.

Ologunagba advised all aspirants, critical stakeholders and party members to be guided accordingly.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the PDP had said the last day for the purchase of all forms was extended to April 14, while the last day for the submission of all forms was extended to April 17. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National News

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Published

on

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Four Nigerian soldiers have sustained injuries in a vehicle accident on the Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.

The accident occurred on Thursday while the troops were moving across the mountainous terrain of the area, Zagazola reports.

The Emir of Mambilla, Dr. Shehu Audu Baju, was said to have personally joined in the rescue operation to ensure that the soldiers received prompt assistance.

Following the rescue, the injured personnel were evacuated to the 20 Battalion Barracks in Serti for urgent medical care.

Community members and traditional leaders in the area have expressed sympathy and prayed for the speedy recovery of the soldiers, while also calling for the safety of other security operatives on duty.

Four Soldiers Injured in Vehicle Accident on Mambilla Plateau

Continue Reading

National News

UKNIAF, NGF Advance Electricity Reform with Nationwide Workshop Series

Published

on

UKNIAF, NGF Advance Electricity Reform with Nationwide Workshop Series

By: Michael Mike

The United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), in partnership with the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) have wrapped up a major national initiative to support State-led electricity market reforms.

The State Learning Workshop Series focused on Electricity Market Development, Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) and energy modelling software.

Workshops in Lagos, Calabar, Kano and Jos have been successfully completed, drawing participants from all the 36 States and the FCT and setting a strong precedent for what lies ahead.

These sessions equipped policymakers, regulators and stakeholders with the tools to design robust, sustainable and investor-ready electricity markets at the State level, in line with the provisions of the Electricity Act 2023.

Reflecting on the significance of this initiative, the Director-Legal/Head Power Desk at the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Mr. Chijioke Chuku,, stated that: “Nigeria’s electricity future depends on the capacity of our States to lead with vision, clarity, and technical precision. Through the workshop series, we are equipping States not just with knowledge, but with the confidence to take charge of their electricity markets. The NGF is proud to partner with UKNIAF in ensuring that the promise of the Electricity Act 2023 becomes a lived reality across the country.”

The sessions in the State Learning Workshops covered: The legal and regulatory pathways for setting up State Electricity Markets; Commercial models for private sector investment; Integration of State plans into Nigeria’s National IRP;

Practical training on the software platform for energy modelling.

The initiative drew from lessons learned in the course of UKNIAF’s work supporting the Akwa Ibom, Enugu, and Oyo State Governments—early movers in electricity market development—in setting up their markets.

It also drew from experience gained in the course of UKNIAF providing technical support to the Federal Ministry of Power in drafting both the National Integrated Electricity Policy and Nigeria’s first National Integrated Resource Plan, both of which were approved very recently.

With States now empowered by the Electricity Act 2023, this series is a timely and strategic effort to ensure capacity, coordination, and sustainability in Nigeria’s decentralised energy landscape.

UKNIAF, NGF Advance Electricity Reform with Nationwide Workshop Series

Continue Reading

National News

Three killed, others injured in bandits’ attack on Zamfara community

Published

on

Three killed, others injured in bandits’ attack on Zamfara community

By: Zagazola Makama

Armed bandits have killed three persons and injured three others in an attack on Galadi town, Shinkafi Local Government Area of Zamfara.

Sources confirmed the incident saying the attack occurred at about 10:50 p.m. on Aug. 27.

The sources said the bandits stormed the town, shooting sporadically, which resulted in the deaths and injuries.

Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were mobilised to the scene. The corpses and injured victims were evacuated to Galadi Primary Health Care Centre for autopsy and treatment.

Meanwhile, a manhunt for the fleeing culprits has been intensified, as the bandits escaped before the arrival of the joint forces,” the sources said.

Three killed, others injured in bandits’ attack on Zamfara community

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights