Connect with us

Military

2023: Buhari urges Army to remain neutral, professional

Published

on

2023: Buhari urges Army to remain neutral, professional

2023: Buhari urges Army to remain neutral, professional

Buhari stated this on Monday at International Conference Centre Kasarawa in Sokoto State while declaring the 2022 Chief of Army Staff Conference opens.

He commended the doggedness of the Nigerian Army for returning peace not only to the northeastern part of the country but the entire country.

He expressed confidence that the renewed vigour and standard injected in operations as well as the collective resolve and improved civil-military relations would engender lasting peace and stability in the country.

The president reiterated that the provision of security to Nigerians would continue to receive premium attention by his administration, adding that deliberate actions are ongoing to provide the necessary support to enhance national security.

Citing numerous equipment and facilities provided to boost the capability of the Nigerian Armed Forces, Buhari pledged that special intervention would be made to fast-track the activation of the Nigerian Army Aviation.

‘‘Additionally, the acquisition of platforms for the Army Aviation has been considered in the 2023 Budget.

‘‘This modernisation drive would be vigorously sustained as efforts are also being made to reform our indigenous military-industrial complex, through partnership with our allies.

‘‘I am optimistic that this objective will be achieved soon to make us self-reliant in meeting our defence needs,’’ he said.

Buhari further urged the military to maintain the tempo in all theatres and double efforts in information gathering to comprehensively defeat all forms of security threats facing the nation.

Speaking earlier in his remarks, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Faruk Yahaya, assured that the Nigerian Army would remain apolitical during the polls.

He assured that the Nigerian Army would build upon the success recorded during the recent governorship elections in Osun, Ekiti and Anambra states.

While commending Buhari for his support to its operations over the years, the army chief reassured the president and the citizens of the country of continuous loyalty to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He said the Buhari-led administration had done more than enough in assisting the security agencies especially the Nigerian Army in its fight to restore peace and tranquility to every part of the country, especially the North-East and the North-West.

Also speaking in his remarks, the governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, commended the efforts of the Nigerian Army for restoring peace not only to the state but the entire North-West.

He reaffirmed the commitment of his administration to continue to support the security agencies in the state to sustain the return of peace back to the state.

He said his administration had recently increased subvention support given to the security agencies in the state by 150 percent.

Also at the event, Buhari presented the Nigerian Army Recognition Awards to six Nigerians including the Chairman of BUA Group, Abdul-Samad Rabiu, the Founder and President of the Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote and the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ali (retd).

Others are the Founder and Chairman, Zenith Bank Plc, Jim Ovia, the Chairman of Heirs Holdings, United Bank for Africa Plc and Transcorp Nigeria Plc, Tony Elumelu, and the immediate past Nigeria Ambassador to Benin Republic and former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai.

2023: Buhari urges Army to remain neutral, professional

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Military

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

Published

on

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

By: Samson Nantip

Troops of Sector 7 Operation SAFE HAVEN have arrested killers of a Reverend Father, Sylvester Okechukwu murdered after he was kidnapped in Tachira village in Kaura local government area (LGA) of Kaduna State.

The suspects were arrested on 25 March 2025 following a raid on the prime suspect’s hideout located at Ruga settlement in Warsa-Piti village in Lere LGA of Kaduna State. During preliminary investigation, the prime suspect, Pate Yau 33 year-old confessed to have been contracted by one Douglas Henry living in the same house with the slain priest to kidnap him.

Troops in a follow-up operation arrested Douglas Henry at Agwan Sariki Tachira in Kaura LGA of the State. The arrested suspects are in custody undergoing further interrogation.

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

Continue Reading

Military

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

Published

on

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

By Zagazola Makama

The troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA successfully foiled a banditry attack along Inono Feeder Road, near Gidan Zuma, after a swift response by security forces forced the assailants to flee into the Saminaka Forest in Giwa LGA of Kaduna State.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at about 8:08 p.m., a large number of bandits armed with sophisticated weapons attempted to block the road, likely targeting travelers and local residents.

Upon receiving the distress call, security agencies swiftly mobilized to engage the assailants in a gun duel.

The bandits, overwhelmed by superior firepower, fled into the nearby Saminaka Forest, sustaining severe gunshot injuries in the process.

Security forces recovered one Honda motorcycle, suspected to belong to the fleeing bandits.

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

Continue Reading

Crime

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

Published

on

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected hoodlum was fatally injured while attempting to escape after he and two others invaded the Nigerian Army Liaison Office in Maitama, Abuja.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred at about 8:20 p.m. when three unidentified hoodlums stormed the facility located at No. 38 Euphrates Street, Maitama. Upon sighting soldiers on duty, they attempted to flee.

One of the suspects sustained fatal injuries during the escape attempt and was rushed to Maitama District Hospital, where he was confirmed dead by the medical doctor on duty. The remaining two suspects managed to escape.

The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, while investigations into the incident are ongoing.

The Maitama Division of the FCT Police Command is leading efforts to track down the fleeing suspects.

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights