Connect with us

Military

2023 Presidential Election: Group urges Ex-COAS Amb. Buratai to join race

Published

on

2023 Presidential Election: Group urges Ex-COAS Amb. Buratai to join race

2023 Presidential Election: Group urges Ex-COAS Amb. Buratai to join race

A political support and economic advocacy group, Fusion774 has called on Former Chief of Army Staff and Nigerian Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, Amb. Tukur Buratai to join 2023 presidential election,

The National Coordinator of Fussion774, Mr Sediq Jikta, made the call at a news conference on Friday in Abuja.

Jikta said the call came as a result of the country’s security issues, and that the threats to the country’s national security had been a source of great concern.

He stated that in the 23 years of Nigeria’s democratic experiment, it had faced several dangers to its survival, such as civil unrest, which necessitated the use of experienced hands to steer the country’s affairs.

According to him, Nigeria is going through a difficult period, and it is critical to choose the proper leadership, one that has the skills and aptitude to deliver and make the country operate. Buratai’s accomplishments as service chief in the battle against insurgency.

READ ALSO: EPL: Manchester United Announce Erik Ten Hag As Next Coach

The coordinator, demonstrate his outstanding qualities and qualification to run for the highest position in the country. He said that the height of Boko-haram activity occurred during Buratai’s tenure as chief of army staff and that his competent leadership resulted in the recovery of overrun territories from the militants.

Jikta also based the appeal by Fusion774 on Buratai’s several accomplishments, including repositioning the Nigerian army for increased efficiency.

According to him, experts feel that the future security problem will be internal security rather than external aggression, as countries will have to deal with both. In his words, “During his time as COAS, he brought to an end the rampant spate of bombing in the country, hence, Nigerians could enjoy a peaceful atmosphere to carry out their daily businesses.

“Gen. Buratai also exhibited an open door policy of good governance, where private citizens with something to offer in terms of security are given a listening ear and action taken. “With these achievements, we can see that Buratai is one courageous leader who can step in to bring the much-needed solution to the security challenges and the desired development for the country.

“We are using this opportunity to call on Buratai to come out and declare interest and contest for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. “By this announcement, we are prepared to purchase the APC nomination form for him in the event that he declares his acceptance and readiness to contest.”

Fusion774 is essentially the union of the political strength of Nigeria’s 774 Local Government Areas into a virile, strong, and formidable political force, according to Jikta. He claimed that the group was primarily driven by people from all walks of life working for the common benefit of the country.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Military

Troops repel Boko Haram/ISWAP attack in Gajigana, Borno

Published

on

Troops repel Boko Haram/ISWAP attack in Gajigana, Borno

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have repelled an attack by ISWAP terrorists on their Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Gajigana, Nganzai Local Government Area of Borno.

Zagazola Makama reports that the attack occurred at about 11:55 p.m. on Tuesday.

A reinforcement team joined the operation and engaged the insurgents in a clearance operation.

Sources told Zagazola that one Wednesday that several terrorists were killed while one soldier paid the supreme price in action, while another sustained injuries.

The injured personnel has since been evacuated for medical attention, while the remains of the fallen hero were moved to the 7 Division Military Morgue in Maiduguri.

Items recovered from the terrorists during exploitation include AK-47 rifle, a magazine loaded with 25 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition, two Baofeng radios, and belted ammunition for a machine gun.

The sources added that the terrorists, who withdrew in disarray, were believed to have suffered several casualties, though the exact figure was not confirmed.

They explained that the general security situation in the area remains calm but unpredictable.

Troops repel Boko Haram/ISWAP attack in Gajigana, Borno

Continue Reading

Military

CDS: African Defence Chiefs’ Summit will produce homegrown solutions to insecurity

Published

on

CDS: African Defence Chiefs’ Summit will produce homegrown solutions to insecurity

By: Zagazola Makama

The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Christopher Musa, says the forthcoming African Chiefs of Defence Staff Summit is designed to unite African militaries and provide indigenous solutions to the continent’s security challenges.

Musa disclosed this in an interactive session with journalists in Abuja on Saturday.

He said the summit would be the first time African defence leaders would sit together, as brothers, to openly discuss Africa’s problems and chart practical ways forward without relying on external prescriptions.

“For too long we have been seeking solutions from outside, and that has prolonged our issues. The reality is that our challenges are within us, and it is only within us that we will create the solutions,” Musa said.

According to him, the success recorded in West Africa through engagements among ECOWAS Chiefs of Defence informed the decision to scale up the initiative across the continent.

He noted that the operationalisation of the African Standby Force, which has faced delays due to challenges of doctrine, strategy and funding, would receive fresh impetus during the summit.

“This meeting gives us the opportunity to look at it holistically and get the buy-in of all Africans,” he added.

The CDS stressed that terrorism, insurgency and violent extremism were common threats across the regions, and only collective action could address them effectively.

He further emphasised the need for a “whole-of-society” approach, noting that insecurity was worsened by unproductive populations and widespread illiteracy that made youths vulnerable to extremist ideologies.

“We must go back to the African culture of brotherliness, of a community raising a child, of not allowing anything to harm your neighbour. That is the kind of solution we must revive,” Musa said.

On the level of participation, the CDS disclosed that about 90 per cent of invited countries had confirmed attendance, describing the response as overwhelmingly positive.

He said the summit would also feature dignitaries from within and outside the continent, including senior UN officials, retired service chiefs and security experts.

“The end state is a better Africa, a more secure Africa, and an Africa where we project and work for our own development. Nobody can love you more than yourself,” he said.

CDS: African Defence Chiefs’ Summit will produce homegrown solutions to insecurity

Continue Reading

Military

Army troops, DSS operatives eliminate 45 bandits in Niger raid, foil attack on Kuchi

Published

on

Army troops, DSS operatives eliminate 45 bandits in Niger raid, foil attack on Kuchi

By: Zagazola Makama

Joint security forces have neutralised at least 45 armed bandits in a coordinated security operation near Kuchi town in Munya Local Government Area of Niger State.

Zagazola Makama gathered that the operation, which took place in the early hours of Monday, was jointly executed by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) and military tactical units acting on actionable intelligence.

The bandits, believed to be loyal to notorious kingpin Dogo Gide, were en route to launch coordinated attacks on communities around Kuchi before they were intercepted.

The source, who requested anonymity, disclosed that the insurgents estimated to be over 100 in number had mobilised from Bilbis forest in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara and other hideouts in Kaduna State.

“The intelligence we received showed that these fighters had assembled in numbers and were planning a large-scale assault on several villages in Munya LGA,” the source said. “The operatives moved in under cover of darkness and intercepted them before they could reach their targets.”

He added that the security forces engaged the bandits in a fierce gun battle at the outskirts of Kuchi, resulting in the elimination of no fewer than 45 of the assailants, with several others escaping with gunshot wounds.

The operation also led to the recovery of multiple motorcycles, arms, and ammunition. However, five DSS operatives sustained injuries during the exchange and are currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed medical facility.

The successful operation is the latest in a string of offensives targeting criminal enclaves linked to Dogo Gide, whose network has suffered repeated blows in recent months.

Security agencies have pledged to sustain the momentum and intensify pressure on armed groups threatening peace in the North Central and North West regions.

“The terrain is difficult, but the results are encouraging. We will not relent until these threats are neutralised,” the source added.

Army troops, DSS operatives eliminate 45 bandits in Niger raid, foil attack on Kuchi

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights