Connect with us

News

443 more Boko Haram surrender as death toll rises to 300 after clash with ISWAP 

Published

on

443 more Boko Haram surrender as death toll rises to 300 after clash with ISWAP 

By: Zagazola Makama

At least 443 more Boko Haram terrorists and family members who escaped the week-long sustained massive attacks by the Islamic State of West Africa fighters in Borno State, North East Nigeria have surrendered to troops. This is as death toll on Boko Haram members following the ISWAP attack has risen to 300.

A total of 223 of the Boko Haram elements surrendered to the troops  of Sector Multi National Joint Task Force(MNJTF) in Diffa and Gueskerou in the  Republic of Niger between 7 to 10th March 2023.

Another 220 members Boko Haram surrendered to the troops of Operations Hadin Kai on March 10. They revealed that the ongoing rivalry between both factions had forced the need for them to escape to safer areas. 

Since February  27, 2023,  Boko Haram had been fleeing their enclaves amidst deadly attacks targeted at the groups in Gaizuwa, otherwise known as Mantari, Gabchari, Kashimiri, Maimusari in Bama, Yale in Konduga and Magumeri, by their former allies now turned bitter adversary.

In one of the attacks led by three notorious ISWAP Commanders, comprising Mallam  Abubakar Maina, Qaed Malam Dahiru, Qaed Mallam Dahiru in Guzamala, over 200 Boko Haram militant jihadists, including their women and children were eliminated.

The onslaught against the group continued on the 8th March  2023, when more than 100 of them were killed in the fringes of Baga, Marte and Dikwa. This time, the terrorists targeted only  the men, sparing their families.

Zagazola understands that the Government of the Republic of Niger through its Public Relations Information Directorate, said that the week was marked by  displacement of several groups of families of terrorists leaving the SAMBISSA forest for Lake Chad on the Niger side. 

The Director, Defence Media Operations of Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters, Maj.-Gen. Musa Danmadami, placed the number of surrendered Boko Haram members within the last two weeks at 1,332. This figures has increased in following days.

It is left to be seen how the deadly rivalry between Boko Haram and their erstwhile partners in battle, ISWAP, will shape the dynamics of the more than a decade-long bloody insurgency in the Lake Chad region.

443 more Boko Haram surrender as death toll rises to 300 after clash with ISWAP 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Published

on

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.

Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.

In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.

Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.

The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.

The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT

Published

on

Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected thief in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has died after being beaten by a security officer following his apprehension on April 2.

A Police sources said that a distress call was received at Karu Division about a suspected thief seen around Supreme Quarters in Karu at approximately 1:00 p.m.

The suspect was approached by security personnel who believed him to be involved in theft. When questioned, the suspect attempted to flee but was quickly chased and apprehended by civilian security personnel.

Kola Oba, a Man O’ War officer, then reportedly took the suspect into custody and subjected him to severe physical abuse. The suspect later succumbed to the injuries sustained during the beating and passed away.

The sources said that the Police detectives were dispatched to the scene, and photographs were taken. The body was subsequently transported to the hospital mortuary for preservation.

The suspect’s identity remains unknown, and efforts are underway to locate his family. The officer involved has been arrested.

Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT

Continue Reading

News

Sokoto: Man Arrested for Killing Woman in Domestic Dispute

Published

on

Sokoto: Man Arrested for Killing Woman in Domestic Dispute

By: Zagazola Makama

A domestic dispute in Sagera Ango Village, Gada LGA, turned deadly on April 2, 2025, when Ali Garba, during a heated argument with A’isha Araga, attacked her with a cutlass.

The altercation, which escalated quickly, resulted in Ali Garba inflicting severe injuries on A’isha’s neck and other parts of her body.

Security personnel, responded promptly to the scene and rushed A’isha to General Hospital Gada for medical treatment. However, she succumbed to her injuries while receiving care.

Ali Garba was immediately apprehended by the police and is in custody.

The case has been handed over to the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation Department (DC CID), for further discreet investigation.

Sokoto: Man Arrested for Killing Woman in Domestic Dispute

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights