Connect with us

News

NCoS Promotes Officer for Gallantry During Kuje Jailbreak

Published

on

NCoS Promotes Officer for Gallantry During Kuje Jailbreak

By: Michael Mike

The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) has promoted one of its officers for the gallantry he displayed during last year’s Kuje jail attack.

The officer, James Benjamin was promoted from Assistant Superintendent of Corrections II to Assistant Superintendent of Corrections I.

A statement on Thursday by the Public Relations Officer on NCoS, Umar Abubakar, an Assistant Controller of Corrections read: “Sequel to the recommendation of the Controller General of Corrections, Haliru Nababa FICMC, MFR, mni, the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Service Board (CDCFISB) has approved and promoted Assistant Superintendent of Corrections II James Benjamin to Assistant Superintendent of Corrections I for the gallantry displayed during the Kuje jail attack in June 2022

“The Controller General who was represented by the Deputy Controller General, covering duty, in charge of the Directorate of Human Resource, Ahmadu Adamu, said the Service is poised to recognize and reward the commitment of its personnel in the discharge of their duties.”

The statement further read that: “Adamu while imploring officers and men of the Service to be dedicated to duty, charged the newly elevated officer to do more as to whom much is given much is expected.

James Benjamin was recruited into the Service on 6th of August 2012 as Assistant Inspector, and until his present promotion, was an Assistant Superintendent of Corrections II.

NCoS Promotes Officer for Gallantry During Kuje Jailbreak

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

BREAKING NEWS: 3 killed And 3,000 displaced as Devastating Fire Sweeps Through Kalari Settlement in Konduga, Borno State

Published

on

BREAKING NEWS: 3 killed And 3,000 displaced as Devastating Fire Sweeps Through Kalari Settlement in Konduga, Borno State

By: Zagazola Makama

A catastrophic fire has torn through the Kalari settlement in Konduga Local Government Area (LGA) of Borno State, claiming three lives and displacing over 3,000 people. The blaze, which erupted at approximately 1:00 PM, engulfed three villages, reducing more than 1,500 thatched houses to ashes.

Zagazola Makama gathered that In response to the disaster, the military, along with the Combined Joint Task Force (CJTF), mobilized swiftly to provide emergency assistance. Personnel from the 222 Battalion rendered first aid to the wounded and transported the injured to Maiduguri Specialist Hospital via Army ambulances.

The timely intervention of key local officials, including the Chairman of Konduga LGA, a Member of the House of Assembly, and the Commissioner for Environment, ensured immediate relief efforts for the affected families.

This incident comes on the heels of severe flooding that devastated Konduga LGA in September 2024, following the collapse of the Alau Dam. The flash floods from the dam’s collapse also affected Maiduguri and Jere LGAs, displacing an estimated 240,000 people. Many residents are still recovering from that catastrophe, and the latest fire disaster has further intensified the region’s humanitarian crisis.

An Official of SEMA, said the Borno State Government has made an urgent appeal for humanitarian aid to support the thousands affected by both the recent fire and previous flood disasters. Efforts are underway to provide shelter, food, and medical care to those impacted by these successive calamities.

BREAKING NEWS: 3 killed And 3,000 displaced as Devastating Fire Sweeps Through Kalari Settlement in Konduga, Borno State

Continue Reading

News

Six Die in Taraba Boat Mishap, Nine Rescued

Published

on

Six Die in Taraba Boat Mishap, Nine Rescued

By: Zagazola Makama

A boat accident on the Jole River in Lau Local Government Area of Taraba State has claimed six lives, while nine other passengers were rescued alive, the Taraba State Police Command has confirmed.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred on Saturday, April 5, 2025.

According to police sources, the boat was conveying 15 people when it capsized midstream. Rescue efforts led to the recovery of nine survivors, while the bodies of six passengers were later pulled from the river.

The deceased have been identified as Dadi Mallam Dotti (30), Mubarak Abdu (21), Bappa Mallam Dotti (20), Adamu Yayagardi (30), and one Madugu (22), all from Badabdi, Funakaye LGA of Gombe State, of the Terawa ethnic group. The sixth victim was Umar Gambo (34), of Zaura Ward, Damban LGA, Bauchi State, of the Karakare ethnic group.

The boat driver is currently at large, and efforts are ongoing to locate him.

The police sources said that search and recovery operations were conducted in collaboration with local divers and community volunteers.

Six Die in Taraba Boat Mishap, Nine Rescued

Continue Reading

News

Teenager Dies After Ritual Experiment by Native Doctor in Edo

Published

on

Teenager Dies After Ritual Experiment by Native Doctor in Edo

By: Zagazola Makama

The Edo State Police Command has arrested two men in connection with the death of a 14-year-old boy, Okonkwo Obina Emmanuel, following a failed ritual performance in Iyamon Village, Illushi, Ubiaja.

Police sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident was reported on April 2, 2025, by the deceased’s elder brother, Okonkwo Onyenbushi. According to the report, a self-acclaimed native doctor, Amechi Edozunor, in collaboration with one Kelvin Ugru, allegedly performed a charm ritual on the victim to make him “invulnerable to bottles.”

During the ritual, the suspects reportedly struck the boy’s head with a bottle in an attempt to prove the charm’s effectiveness, leading to a fatal head injury.

The victim was rushed to Wisdom Hospital and later referred to Ogbeide Hospital, where he died on April 5, 2025.

The sources said his remains have been deposited at the hospital mortuary for autopsy, while both suspects are currently in police custody pending further investigation.

Teenager Dies After Ritual Experiment by Native Doctor in Edo

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights