Connect with us

Crime

Six people were killed in a Boko Haram roadside bomb attack in Borno

Published

on

Six people were killed in a Boko Haram roadside bomb attack in Borno.

By: Zagalola Makama

At Least six people were killed in Borno when a transport vehicle drove over a hidden explosive planted by Boko Haram terrorists.

The incident occurred on a rural road between Bama and Kawuri in Konduga Local Government Area, where civilians routinely traveled to other parts of the state.

Sources said that the attack was coordinated by Alhaji Ari Hajja Fusam, the Amir Jaysh of the Jamat Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da’wah wa’l-Jihd, from Gaizuwa camp, located a few kilometers from the scene of the attack.

The NEWSng learned that one of the vehicles, a Toyota Starlet returning from Adamawa State, stepped on the bomb, killing five passengers on board.

The driver, who was severely injured, later passed away one hour later in a hospital in Maiduguri.

The Road between Bama and Konduga has been very peaceful, as it has not witnessed any attack in the last 6 years until now, when the insurgents decided to plant bombs on the road.

Residents of Maiduguri said that they are surprised with the turn of events recently as the resurgence of terrorist activities is becoming fresh despite the government’s call for surrender.

It was noted that the government said over one hundred thousand terrorists and their families have so far surrendered, but the recent number of attacks indicates that much more needs to be done with regard to terrorist activities, particularly in Borno State.

Six people were killed in a Boko Haram roadside bomb attack in Borno

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Gunmen Kidnap Several Individuals in Zangon Kataf LGA

Published

on

Gunmen Kidnap Several Individuals in Zangon Kataf LGA

By: Zagazola Makama

Unidentified gunmen reportedly invaded a Fulani settlement (ruga) in Dusten Bako Village, Ikulu Chiefdom, Zangon Kataf Local Government Area, on the night of April 3, 2025, at approximately 9:30 PM.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the attackers abducted an unspecified number of individuals, whisking them away to an unknown destination.

Upon receiving the distressing news, security forced, mobilized immediately to the scene to assess the situation.

Efforts to track down the perpetrators and ensure the safe rescue of the kidnapped victims are currently underway.

Gunmen Kidnap Several Individuals in Zangon Kataf LGA

Continue Reading

Crime

Bandits Kill Father and Son, Abduct CPG Member in Zamfara

Published

on

Bandits Kill Father and Son, Abduct CPG Member in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

On April 4, 2025, a tragic incident occurred along the Bungudu-Duhuwa Road in Zamfara State, where a father and son, Garbati (Fnu) and his son Abubakar Babuga Garbati, were attacked and hacked to death by unknown assailants.

The attackers also stole their motorcycle. The police were promptly alerted, and the bodies were transported to the General Hospital Bungudu for autopsy before being released to their family for burial.

Later that same evening, around 1830hrs, a group of approximately 20 armed bandits ambushed members of the Community Police Guards (CPG) stationed at a checkpoint between Sauna and Gidan Kano along the Sokoto-Gusau highway.

The bandits overpowered the CPG, abducting one of their members, Asiru Dawa, and taking him to an undisclosed location.

The military forces have since launched an operation to track down the bandits and rescue the abducted CPG member.

Bandits Kill Father and Son, Abduct CPG Member in Zamfara

Continue Reading

Crime

Two Killed in Suspected Militia Attack on Farmland in Taraba

Published

on

Two Killed in Suspected Militia Attack on Farmland in Taraba

By: Zagazola Makama

The Taraba State Police Command has confirmed the killing of two young men in a suspected militia attack on a farmland in Wukari Local Government Area of the state.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred on Friday morning at about 7:30 a.m. at Mecapacynth area of Wukari, according to a report received from the Wukari Divisional Police Officer.

The sources said that the incident at about 8:30 a.m., stating that four attackers, one of them armed with an AK-47 rifle and suspected to be members of a Tiv militia group, opened fire on the victims while they were working on the farm.

The victims, identified as Masandi Moses Bulus, 21, and Mikhima Moses Basungyu, 19 – both of Jukun ethnic group – sustained fatal gunshot wounds.

Security forces swiftly moved to the scene, took photographs, and evacuated the victims to the Federal University Teaching Hospital, Wukari, where they were confirmed dead by medical personnel.

Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the perpetrators of the attack.

Meanwhile, security operatives have been deployed in the area and are working with community leaders and relevant stakeholders to calm tensions and prevent further escalation.

Two Killed in Suspected Militia Attack on Farmland in Taraba

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights