News
NSCDC Deploys 4,000 personnel for Hitch-free Yuletide
NSCDC Deploys 4,000 personnel for Hitch-free Yuletide
By: Michael Mike
No less than 4,000 personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has deployed in Abuja, the nation’s capital to ensure that the Yuletide is celebrated without breach of peace and security.
Speaking at the FCT Command headquarters, Abuja, the FCT Commandant of the Corps, Olusola Odumosu hinted that a robust operational order covering the entire Federal Capital Territorry had been released and being fully implemented.
He added that the Command’s Special Forces and various tactical units such as the Armed Squad, Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Rapid Response team, Special Female Squad, Agro Rangers unit, Anti vandals unit, Crisis and disaster management unit, Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Explosive Unit (CBRNE) and the Intelligence Unit were mobilised for this assignment.
According to him, the Command took this proactive step to ensure effective security coverage due to the influx of visitors to the FCT, which may lead to increased social, economic and criminal activities during the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
Odumosu said: “The mission of this operation is to provide robust security for visitors, residents and the protection of Critical National Assets and public utilities in the FCT.
“While we expect the influx of visitors at this period, some residents may also travel out of the territory, leaving behind their houses, property and other belongings which are vulnerable to criminals.”
He also assured that all operational and intelligence assets at the disposal of the Command had been fully deployed to cover strategic locations and soft targets like places of worship, recreational centres, markets, shopping malls, parks, gardens and suspected flash points.
Odumosu directed all the Area Commanders and Divisional Officers (DOs) across the 6 Area Councils to maintain 24-hour high visibility day and night patrols around all the nooks and crannies of the Territory.
He expressed confidence that with the existing synergy and high sense of collaboration amongst various security agencies, peace and order shall be guaranteed and maintained during the yuletide period in the FCT.
“There will be no laxness in carrying out our expected responsibilities of safeguarding lives, property and maintaining peace and order.
“I have directed my officers and men to be extra vigilant and to discharge their statutory responsibility with utmost diligence.
“I assure the FCT residents of the readiness of the Command to promptly respond to distress and emergency situation.
“I also encourage members of the public to report any suspicious movement and objects to the nearest security post as security is everyone’s business,” the Commandant said.
He urged the FCT residents to be law abiding, obey rules and regulations, be vigilant and above all, cooperate with law enforcement and safety agencies in the interest of peace and progress of the FCT and the Nation as a whole.
Odumosu felicitates with the Hon Minister of FCT and residents on the yuletide season, wishing all christian faithfuls Merry Christmas and Nigerians a Prosperous 2024.
NSCDC Deploys 4,000 personnel for Hitch-free Yuletide
News
Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road
Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road
By: Zagazola Makama
A senior police officer has died while 17 other passengers sustained injuries following a road accident along the Potiskum–Bauchi highway in Yobe State.
Sources said the crash occurred at about 3:15 p.m. on Feb. 21 near the bye-pass roundabout area of PKM on the outskirts of Potiskum.
The vehicle, a Toyota Hummer Bus belonging to Borno Express and conveying 18 passengers from Kaduna to Maiduguri, reportedly lost control after the rear tyre rim on the passenger side suddenly detached.
According to the sources , the driver veered off the road into a bush, resulting in fatal and multiple injuries.
One of the passengers, ACP Abubakar Ibrahim Balteh, 45, attached to the Borno State Police Command, sustained a severe head injury and died on the spot.
Two male and two female passengers escaped unhurt, while 13 others suffered serious injuries of varying degrees.
The injured victims and the deceased were evacuated to the General Hospital Potiskum for treatment and autopsy.
Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road
News
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA have neutralised several of suspected Lakurawa terrorist elements following a failed attack on Dadinkowa community in Kebbi State.
Local intelligence sources said the armed group attempted to raid a local market in the early hours of Sunday and blocked a major access road into the community to facilitate the operation.
The sources disclosed that security forces responded swiftly after receiving distress alerts and engaged the attackers in a fierce gun battle, forcing them to retreat.
According to the sources, several of the assailants were neutralised during the encounter, while others escaped with suspected gunshot wounds.
The attempted market raid was successfully foiled, preventing potential civilian casualties and destruction of property.
Troops have since intensified patrols and clearance operations around Dadinkowa and adjoining areas to track fleeing elements and stabilise the security environment.
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists
News
One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra
One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra
By: Zagazola Makama
A 15-year-old boy was killed while security operatives repelled an attack by suspected members of the proscribed IPOB/ESN militia at Ogbakoba Market Arena in Anambra State.
Sources said the incident occurred on Feb. 21 at about 1:40 p.m., when a group of armed hoodlums emerged from a dense forest camp at Amiyi and opened sporadic fire at market-goers, apparently attempting to kidnap or rob residents.

A joint task force patrol team stationed at Amiyi responded swiftly, engaging the attackers in a fierce gun duel that forced them to retreat into the forest with bullet wounds. The injured boy was rushed to the village hospital but was confirmed dead on arrival. His body was deposited in the morgue for autopsy and preservation.
The sources added that later the same day at about 8:30 p.m., the armed group resurfaced near the community, snatching a shuttle bus with registration number HAL 987 XA and a GSM phone belonging to one Mr. Kinsley Iwunze of Okpotuno Odekpe, Ogbaru LGA.
Security operatives immediately dispatched teams to the scene, but the hoodlums had fled. Authorities said an aggressive manhunt was ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.
One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
