Connect with us

Uncategorized

Wife stabs husband to death in Yobe

Published

on

Wife stabs husband to death in Yobe

By: Our Reporter

The Yobe state police command said it is saddened by the unfortunate actions of a couple that led to the death of a promising young man due to the consequences of an abusive marriage.

A statement from DSP DUNGUS ABDULKARIM, Mnipr, on Wednesday said that on 26-06-24, at about 1000 hrs, the C Divisional Police Headquarters received a complaint from a neighbor in Abbari Ward, Damaturu, about a couple, Ibrahim Yahaya, 25 years old, and Zainab Isa, 22 years old.

The couple had a violent argument on the same date at about 0900 hours, which escalated into a scuffle. The wife used a knife to stab the husband in the chest, and he subsequently died from his grievous injury before the police rescue team arrived.

The assailant was brought to the state CID for a discreet investigation and subsequent arraignment before the court for determination.

According to her confession, she did not intend to kill her husband but stabbed him in self-defense during a beating and kicking incident resulting from the husband while she was still recovering from a recent medical operation from childbirth.

She further stated that their marriage had been marred by violence from the outset, often occurring when she requested food or money, and had continued even after the birth of their first child and the arrival of their second child, despite her husband’s inability to provide for their needs.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Garba Ahmed, urges couples to report abuse to the authorities for a durable solution or file a complaint with the nearest Sharia or family court for possible redress. The command calls on community members to address marital relationship issues with keen interest and a socioeconomic perspective to prevent escalation from minor crises to larger ones, such as homicide.”

Wife stabs husband to death in Yobe

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama

Published

on

Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama

By: Zagazola Makama

A female family member linked to suspected ISWAP terrorists has surrendered to troops operating in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.

Sources disclosed that the woman surrendered at about 10:08 a.m. on May 19 to troops of the 81 Division Task Force Battalion operating within Sector 1 Area of Responsibility.

The female surrenderer reportedly came out from Gargash village in Bama LGA and voluntarily presented herself to the troops.

Military sources said she was subsequently profiled and documented in line with existing procedures for further necessary action.

The surrender is the latest in a series of defections involving insurgents and their family members in the North-East, following sustained military offensives and clearance operations targeting terrorist enclaves across the region.

Security sources said ongoing counterterrorism operations had continued to exert pressure on insurgent groups operating within the Lake Chad Basin and Sambisa forest areas, leading to increasing cases of surrender by fighters and their relatives.

The military has maintained that surrendered individuals are subjected to profiling, intelligence gathering and other procedures in accordance with extant operational guidelines.

Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid

Published

on

Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 176 Guards Battalion have arrested 10 suspected illegal miners during a raid on an illegal mining site in Gwagwalada Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Security sources said the operation was conducted at about 3:07 p.m. on May 20 as part of ongoing Operation MESA efforts aimed at curbing illegal mining and related criminal activities within the FCT and adjoining areas.

The troops reportedly stormed the illegal mining site following intelligence reports on the activities of suspected illegal miners operating in the area.

During the raid, the troops apprehended 10 suspects believed to be involved in illegal mining activities.

Items recovered from the site included one motorcycle, 15 mining mats, four head pans and several other mining implements used by the suspects.

The suspects are currently undergoing profiling and preliminary investigation for further necessary action.

Security sources said the operation formed part of intensified efforts by security agencies to clamp down on illegal mining activities, which authorities say contribute to environmental degradation, economic sabotage and insecurity in parts of the country.

The sources added that surveillance and enforcement operations would continue across identified illegal mining locations within the FCT and neighbouring states.

Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Troops Rescue Two Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms in Kwara Patrol

Published

on

Troops Rescue Two Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms in Kwara Patrol

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 22 Brigade have rescued two kidnapped victims during a fighting patrol operation targeting suspected terrorist camps in Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.

Security sources said the operation was conducted at about 9:00 a.m. on May 19 by troops deployed at Oke-Ode and Oreke communities.

The troops reportedly carried out coordinated patrols to suspected terrorist hideouts located around Famonle and Oloponda villages.

During the operation, the troops successfully rescued two kidnapped victims who were found within the general area.

Items recovered from the suspected camps included three Dane guns, three camouflage face caps, and one leg chain.

Security sources said the victims were immediately debriefed and handed over to appropriate authorities for medical attention and further management.

The operation, according to the sources, forms part of ongoing efforts to dismantle criminal hideouts and disrupt kidnapping networks operating within Kwara State.

Authorities added that patrols and clearance operations have been intensified across vulnerable communities in the state.

Troops Rescue Two Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms in Kwara Patrol

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights