Connect with us

Uncategorized

Yobe State Delegation Visits World’s Largest Fertilizer Plant in Morocco

Published

on

Yobe State Delegation Visits World’s Largest Fertilizer Plant in Morocco

By: Michael Mike

Yobe state government has advance a team to Morocco on a visit to the World’s largest fertilizer company, OCP/Jorf Lasfar fertilizer complex to help in formulating strategies for the resuscitate of the Yobe state fertilizer blending plant.

The team led by the Secretary to the State Government, Baba Malam Wali, had the commissioners of Agriculture Hon. Mustapha Goniri, Higher Education Prof. Bello Kawuwa, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Hon. Ibrahim Adamu Jajere, and the Chairman of Damaturu Local government council Hon. Bukar Adamu.

The Facility Information Officer of the complex, Amine Jamaleddine, who conducted the delegation around the facility on Thursday, said “the OCP/Jorf Lasfar fertilizer complex is the biggest fertilizer company in the world with an all year round production caoacity.”

She explained that “lt has a production capacity of 15 million tones of fertilizer annually.

“The complex has about 20,000 staff with the company producing fertilizer supplying all parts of the World.”

She expressed the readiness of the company to partner with the Yobe state government to resuscitate the state-owned fertilizer factory.

The state team leader, Baba Malam Wali, expressed satisfaction with the commitment of OCP/Jorf Lasfar fertilizer factory and the consultants, to partner the state government to resuscitate the Yobe fertilizer company.

He said: “The Governor Buni administration has strong commitment to revive the factory to meet the fertilizer needs of farmers in the state, generate employment and export to improve revenue of the state.

Similarly, the state Commissioner for Agriculture, Hon. Mustapha Goniri, said the revival of the fertilizer factory would boost the on-going agricultural revolution in the state by the Buni administration.

“Last year the state government launched a massive agricultural empowerment programme with 100 tractors, solar pumps, irrigation facilities, other farm Implements, fertilizer, improved seeds, herbicides and pesticides among others, and distributed to farmers free of charge.

“Again, last month, additional 40 tractors were procured by the state government to boost crop production to enhance food security and for exports to improve the revenue of the state” Goniri said.

African Network center, the consulting firm, expressed optimism that the partnership would be beneficial to the two parties.

“The government and people of Yobe state would benefit immensely from this partnership which would ensure food sufficiency and security.

“l have seen the great commitment by His Excellency Governor Mai Mala Buni CON, to improve agriculture in Yobe state, and we are putting everything in the right place to make this partnership succeed, and for Yobe state government to succeed” he said.

According to a statement by the spokesman of the governor, Mamman Mohammed, Buni is expected to arrive Morocco for partnership in other areas including Education and direct investments in local government areas.

Yobe State Delegation Visits World’s Largest Fertilizer Plant in Morocco

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Nigerian Navy Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, dies after illness

Published

on

Nigerian Navy Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, dies after illness

By: Zagazola Makama

Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, Chief of Operations at the Naval Headquarters (NHQ), has died following a brief illness.

Rear Admiral Katagum, a highly respected officer of the Nigerian Navy, recently served at Defence Headquarters and was formerly the Chief of Naval Intelligence.

He was recently appointed Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, a role in which he oversaw critical operational activities and contributed significantly to Nigeria’s maritime security.

During his distinguished career, Rear Admiral Katagum’s contributions to national security were immeasurable. He played a pivotal role in shaping operational strategies, strengthening intelligence capabilities, and mentoring generations of officers who would go on to emulate his professionalism and dedication.

His insight, foresight, and meticulous approach to operations ensured that the Nigerian Navy remained vigilant, formidable, and ready to defend the nation’s maritime interests. His contributions played a vital role in safeguarding Nigeria’s territorial waters and enhancing the operational readiness of the Nigerian Navy.

The news of his death has sent ripples of grief through the Armed Forces, with his colleagues describing him as a symbol of courage, discipline, and service excellence. Senior naval officers have expressed profound sorrow over the loss of a visionary leader whose legacy will endure within the Navy.

Beyond his professional accomplishments, he will be remembered for his humility, his generosity of spirit, and his unwavering commitment to the welfare of those who served alongside him.

As we mourn this extraordinary officer, we celebrate a life dedicated to the service of Nigeria, a life marked by courage, honor, and excellence.

May his soul rest in perfect peace, and may the Almighty grant comfort to his family, colleagues, and all who had the privilege of serving with him.

Nigerian Navy Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, dies after illness

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Police arrest 19 suspected bandits, recover 370 cows, 58 goats in Kwara

Published

on

Police arrest 19 suspected bandits, recover 370 cows, 58 goats in Kwara

By: Zagazola Makama

The Police Command in Kwara State has arrested 19 suspected bandits and cattle rustlers during a bush clearance operation around Ekati village, Lade.

Police sources said the operation, carried out in collaboration with Miyetti Allah vigilantes, led to the arrest of 10 suspects, including Mohammed Salihu, 25; Mohammadu Musa, 23; Abubakar Sani aka Siddi, 25; Yusuf Isah aka Lariya, 22; Mohammadu Ibrahim aka Iro, 21; Mohammadu Sani aka Kachalla Ruga, 65; Musa Ado aka Mandu, 65; Abubakar Adamu aka Buba, 26; Mohammadu Zangina, 25; and Abubakar Shaibu aka Jijji, 20.

Most of the suspects were reportedly from Zamfara State, while one hailed from Niger Republic and another from Katsina State.

Police said 370 cows and 58 goats were recovered as exhibits from the suspects.

Investigation into the incident is ongoing, the command added.

Police arrest 19 suspected bandits, recover 370 cows, 58 goats in Kwara

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Police neutralise two suspected kidnappers, recover rifle in Akwa Ibom

Published

on

Police neutralise two suspected kidnappers, recover rifle in Akwa Ibom

By: Zagazola Makama

The Nigeria Police Force in Akwa Ibom State have neutralised two suspected kidnappers and recovered a firearm during a tactical operation along waterways in the state.

Police sources said the operation was conducted at about 11:10 p.m. on Feb. 16 by a SWAT team following credible intelligence on the activities of a militant group identified as the “Blin Blin Marine Strike Force,” allegedly operating along the Uruan waterways and Itu waterfronts.

According to the sources, officers on a clearance mission at Ikot Ika waterfront encountered the suspects in a gun duel. During the exchange, one police inspector sustained gunshot injuries and was rushed to hospital, where he is currently responding to treatment.

Two members of the group were neutralised during the encounter, while others reportedly escaped through the waterways with gunshot wounds.

Items recovered from the suspects included a G3 assault rifle and four rounds of live ammunition.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the group was allegedly led by Ubong Effiong Archibong, also known as “Condiment,” who was on a police wanted list over alleged involvement in multiple kidnapping and violent crime incidents, including attacks on prominent individuals and security personnel.

The police said operations were ongoing to track down fleeing members of the gang and dismantle the remaining criminal network.

Police neutralise two suspected kidnappers, recover rifle in Akwa Ibom

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights