Connect with us

News

Again, troops dismantle illegal bunkering sites, recover 115,000 litres of stolen crude in ongoing operations in Niger Delta

Published

on

Again, troops dismantle illegal bunkering sites, recover 115,000 litres of stolen crude in ongoing operations in Niger Delta

By: Michael Mike

In a significant victory against illegal oil bunkering, troops from the Nigerian Army’s 6 Division have dismantled over 15 illegal refining sites, arrested 10 suspects, and recovered more than 115,000 litres of stolen crude oil across the Niger Delta region.


According to, Acting Deputy Director of Army Public Relations for the 6 Division, Lieut. Col. Danjuma Jonah Danjuma, the operations, part of ongoing efforts to curb economic sabotage, also led to the seizure of 30 cooking pots, 11 vehicles, and several boats used in illicit activities.


In Rivers State, after receiving intelligence on oil theft at SIAT Farm in Elele, Ikwerre Local Government Area (LGA), troops intercepted a truck carrying 40,000 litres of stolen crude. In Okrika LGA, three illegal refining sites were dismantled, and two wooden boats with 26,500 litres of stolen products were seized.

Similar successes were recorded in Degema LGA, where four illegal refining sites were taken down, and over 16,000 litres of stolen crude and Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) were recovered.


Operations along the Imo River led to the destruction of several makeshift camps, wooden boats, and cooking equipment, while at Okoloma, Obuzor, and Ukwa Creeks, 15,000 litres of stolen crude were confiscated. Troops also uncovered a pipeline vandalization site in Akuku-Toru LGA, arresting one suspect and seizing three gas cylinders.


In Delta State, a trailer siphoning crude from a pipeline in Ozoro, Isoko North LGA, was intercepted, and two suspects were arrested. Similar operations in Ika South LGA and Orhiomwon, Edo State, led to the recovery of vehicles filled with stolen products.


Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom States also saw successful raids, with troops deactivating illegal refining sites and seizing stolen products. In Nembe LGA, over 2,800 litres of stolen crude were recovered, while in Southern Ijaw, another 2,500 litres were confiscated. In Akwa Ibom, troops intercepted drums of premium motor spirit near Oron waterways, likely prepared for smuggling to neighboring countries.


The Nigerian Army continues its relentless crackdown on illegal oil activities, ensuring that economic saboteurs are denied freedom of action.


Danjuma reaffirmed the military’s commitment to eradicating illegal oil bunkering and safeguarding the nation’s resources.

Again, troops dismantle illegal bunkering sites, recover 115,000 litres of stolen crude in ongoing operations in Niger Delta

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

News

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Published

on

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

By: Zagazola Makama

A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.

Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.

The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.

Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.

The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.

Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.

The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.

Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights