Connect with us

News

Again, troops Neutralize Notorious Bandit Leaders Kachalla Gwammade and Kachalla Shehu in Zamfara

Published

on

Again, troops Neutralize Notorious Bandit Leaders Kachalla Gwammade and Kachalla Shehu in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

The Army troops of Operation Fansan Yanma under the ongoing Operation Show No Mercy have eliminated two notorious bandit leaders, Kachalla Gwammade and Kachalla Shehu, along with four of their fighters in Ruwan Dawa village, Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Malala that the operation was carried out by troops stationed at Hannu Tara camp, located along the Magami–Dan Sadau highway, in collaboration with local vigilantes.

The sources confirmed that the troops engaged the bandits in a fierce gun battle, neutralizing six armed criminals and recovering three motorcycles and several firearms.

Kachalla Gwammade, identified as a key terror commander, operated from a base in Chabi village, northeast of Maru LGA.

He was also a relative of the late Kachalla Sani Black, a notorious warlord recently eliminated in ongoing military operations.

The successful operation was coming amidst intensified onslaught against terrorists in the North West of Zamfara state.

Again, troops Neutralize Notorious Bandit Leaders Kachalla Gwammade and Kachalla Shehu in Zamfara

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Discover Illegal Refinery Site in Rivers Forest

Published

on

Troops Discover Illegal Refinery Site in Rivers Forest

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 103 Battalion operating under the Joint Task Force South-South Operation Delta Safe (OPDS) have discovered an illegal refining site in the Orashi National Forest in Ahoada West Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Military sources said the operation was conducted between 10:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on May 15, 2026, as part of ongoing anti-illegal bunkering operations in the Niger Delta region.

According to the sources, troops uncovered an illegal refining site containing one large drum oven, one reservoir, one large coolant, two receivers, two waste pits, and two galvanised pipes measuring about 50 metres each.

The site was suspected to have been used for the illegal processing of stolen crude oil and petroleum products.

The sources said the discovered items were handled in accordance with operational directives of Operation Delta Safe.

Security authorities reiterated their commitment to sustaining operations against crude oil theft, illegal refining activities and economic sabotage across the Niger Delta region.

Troops Discover Illegal Refinery Site in Rivers Forest

Continue Reading

News

COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre

Published

on

COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre

By: Zagazola Makama

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) has conducted the second welfare flight for May 2026 in support of troops and personnel serving in the North-East theatre under Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK).

Military sources said the welfare flight was carried out on May 16, 2026, using a chartered ValueJet aircraft.

According to the sources, a total of 167 passengers were airlifted into the OPHK theatre, while 174 personnel were transported out of the theatre during the exercise.

The welfare flight initiative, introduced to support troop welfare and movement logistics, has continued to facilitate the rotation and transportation of military personnel serving in the counterinsurgency theatre.

The sources added that, with the latest operation, a cumulative total of 32,765 personnel have so far been transported into and out of the OPHK theatre since the commencement of the welfare flight programme.

Military authorities described the movement as successful and hitch-free.

COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre

Continue Reading

News

Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve

Published

on

Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve

By: Zagazola Makama

Security operatives in Bauchi State have discovered 21 suspected bomb impact points following reports of explosions and unusual aerial activity in Darazo Local Government Area of the state.

Police sources said the incident was first reported at about 12:05 a.m. on May 16, 2026, after residents heard loud sounds suspected to be explosions around Yautarai Grazing Reserve extending towards Sabon Sara area of Papa District.

According to the sources, unidentified helicopters were also sighted hovering over the area around the same time, raising further concern among residents.

Upon receipt of the report, a joint security team comprising personnel of the Nigeria Police Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit, military personnel, vigilantes and local residents conducted a search operation at about 8:00 a.m.

The team combed Jeje Forest and Aliya Grazing Reserve, where they discovered 21 suspected impact points believed to be from bomb drops.

Security sources said no casualties were recorded during the operation, and no additional incidents were reported in the affected communities.

Authorities said monitoring and surveillance operations were ongoing in the area to ascertain the nature of the explosions and ensure the safety of residents.

Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights