Connect with us

News

Annual Mathematics Competition Held Across the Country

Published

on

Annual Mathematics Competition Held Across the Country

By: Michael Mike

The Annual Nations Mathematics Competition (ANMC) was held across the country on Saturday.

The competition, which is is organized by the Nigerian Tulip International Colleges (NTIC) in collaboration with the National Mathematical Centre has over 10,000 students from primary 5 and 6 to JSS 1, 2, and 3, writing at 35 centres in 30 states across Nigeria.

The Annual National Mathematics Competition (ANMC) has been an annual event for the past 21 years, and has become a well-known name in Nigeria’s education system, particularly in the field of Mathematics. It is the country’s largest and most prestigious mathematics competition, providing students with a platform to showcase their mathematical skills.

The competition has also attracted various personalities from different schools, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions with excellent knowledge of mathematics.

The primary objective of ANMC, according to the ANMC Coordinator, Mr. Erdal Yilmaz, is to test the students’ problem-solving and mathematical reasoning abilities. It provides young mathematicians from all over the country with opportunities to compete in a series of challenging mathematical problems, building their confidence and love for mathematics. He added that the competition also offers scholarship awards.

Speaking to journalists on behalf on the Coordinator at the Abuja Centre of the Competition (Nigerian Tulip International School, Wuse), the Assistant Coordinator, Shahbaz Malik said:”Mathematics is a critical subject that plays a vital role in our daily lives, and our focus is to keep the genuine love for mathematics growing in the heart of the young ones, starting from primary school to secondary level. We believe it will become easy for them to navigate the corridors of sciences at the tertiary levels”

He explained that ANMC comprises two rounds of problem-solving. Qualifiers from the two geo-political zones will proceed to the second round of the competition. In the second round, the top-performing students will receive cash prizes, scholarships, and other awards. The teachers and schools of the qualifiers in the second round will also receive prizes.

He added that the winners will have access to full tuition fee scholarship opportunities at Nigerian Tulip International Colleges.

The Managing Director of NTIC, Mr. Fevzullah Bilgin who also spoke on the competition, said: “Apart from winning prizes at ANMC, we hope that the competition will ignite the passion for various inspiration and innovation in the field of mathematics and other sciences in the heart of the young ones.

“We look forward to them fulfilling their dreams in their chosen fields and careers.”

A mother of one of the participants, Omotayo Rubangs while commending the organizers, said the competition has built interest in mathematics in many children in Nigeria, noting that his son has had to consistently prepared for the competition.

Some of the participants who spoke to journalists said they are optimistic at winning the competition and further take up professions that are mathematics bias.

Annual Mathematics Competition Held Across the Country

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights