Connect with us

News

Army Chief urges troops to think outside the box to end the insurgency war

Published

on

Army Chief urges troops to think outside the box to end the insurgency war

By: Bodunrin Kayode 

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, has said that he was in Maiduguri last week to ginger his officers and men to change the narrative of the war by thinking outside the box to get positive results.

General Oluyede said that for too long the Army has been thinking after the same old pattern of fighting asymmetric warfare, adding that it was time to think differently so that the enemy would be flushed out completely.

General Oluyede said he was not unaware of the strengths and weaknesses of his troops, which is why the entire management team in the Army Headquarters will make sure that more sophistication is added to their existing platforms to enable them to increase their strengths and overcome the enemy on all fronts once and for all.

In a jam-packed interview after he had toured critical areas of the theater, the Army chief went on: “I’m here to speak to my officers and soldiers and to appraise their operational readiness, and that I have done. What is going to be new here is that we need to reappraise our operations so that we can get a different result. 

“We don’t want to continue with operations whereby we’ll be doing what we’ve been doing before and getting the same results. Now, we want different results. So we’ve sat down. We have strategized. We’re going to bring in more importance into our challenges, bringing more platforms to support the soldiers so that they can do their work well. 

“I think we have achieved that aim. So we’re going back to Abuja to see how we can add more to their platforms to support them in the operations, and I’m sure we’ll get better returns.” Said the army chief. 

Responding to questions on challenges affecting the Commanders and men on the ground, the Army chief went on: “I’m very aware of these challenges, but I want to take one moment to make you realize the fact that there will always be challenges. 

“Now, the most important thing is how we react to those challenges. If you recall, I was in Sokoto when the issue of the Lakurawa people came up. I was prompted to go to Sokoto then, and the essence of me going was to see what we could do to make things better. 

“And for the past two months, you must have seen that something is being done there. I’m talking about Zamfara, and you know, North West in general; we are also going to be backing up the operations with technology to see how we can make things better.”

Army Chief urges troops to think outside the box to end the insurgency war

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights