Crime
Arsenal FC investigates homophobic abuse during Brighton game
Arsenal FC investigates homophobic abuse during Brighton game
Arsenal FC is investigating an incident of homophobic abuse during Saturday’s Premier League home defeat by Brighton & Hove Albion, the club said in a statement.
Arsenal said two supporters were removed from the stadium and that the club had “stepped up” stewarding operations in the area where the abuse was reported.
“Arsenal should be a safe and welcoming environment for everyone, and we want to be clear that any kind of discriminatory abuse is not welcome at our club,” Arsenal said on Wednesday.
READ ALSO: NLC Gives FG 21 Days Ultimatum To Resolve ASUU, SSANU, NASU Strikes
“The incidents that were reported are now being investigated by the club, and we will take the strongest action possible against perpetrators who can be identified.”
A similar incident marred a match between the same sides at Brighton’s AMEX Stadium in October.
An Arsenal supporter was issued a three-year ban following a trial at Brighton Magistrates Court earlier this month.
The supporter was also banned indefinitely from Brighton’s stadium.
Crime
Army Arrests Boko Haram Drone Supplier, Neutralises Top Commander in Madagali, Adamawa
Army Arrests Boko Haram Drone Supplier, Neutralises Top Commander in Madagali, Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation HADIN KAI in coordination with local vigilantes and hunters, have neutralised a top Boko Haram commander and arrested a suspected drone and logistics supplier in separate operations in Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

Sources said that at about 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, troops engaged suspected Boko Haram fighters at an ambush along the Visik River line, resulting in the neutralisation of one terrorist identified as Abdullahi Mafa, a former hybrid commander in Madagali.
In a subsequent raid at Madagali Motor Park around 6:30 p.m., the troops arrested 64-year-old Dauda Usman Gubula, a suspected Boko Haram collaborator and drone supplier. Items recovered from the suspect included two aerial drones and 20 solar power banks, officials added.

The suspect is currently in custody undergoing investigation, while troops continue to intensify operations aimed at dismantling Boko Haram networks and restoring security in the region.
Army Arrests Boko Haram Drone Supplier, Neutralises Top Commander in Madagali, Adamawa
Crime
Police repel bandit attack, recover 82 cows and 21 sheep in Katsina
Police repel bandit attack, recover 82 cows and 21 sheep in Katsina
By: Zagazola Makama
The Police Command in Katsina State has successfully repelled a banditry attack in Musawa Local Government Area, recovering stolen livestock.
Sources said at about 4:50 a.m. on Feb. 18 reporting that unidentified armed men had entered Gin-Gin village and rustled livestock.
According to the sources, the DPO coordinated with neighbouring divisions to block possible exit routes between Tuge and Tudu villages in Kankara.
Patrol teams intercepted the suspects and engaged them in a sustained gunfight, forcing the bandits to abandon the stolen animals.
Police said 82 cows and 21 sheep were recovered, while efforts continued to apprehend the fleeing suspects. Further developments would be communicated as the investigation progresses.
Police repel bandit attack, recover 82 cows and 21 sheep in Katsina
Crime
Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site
Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic accident at a mining site in Zurak, Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State, has left 37 miners dead and 25 others hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide gas while working deep underground.
Zagazola Makama learnt from sources that the incident occurred at the Solid Mining Company early on Feb. 18.
The sources said the victims, mostly young men aged between 20 and 35 years, were conducting routine mining operations when they inhaled toxic gas that had accumulated in the poorly ventilated tunnels.
Eyewitnesses described the scene as chaotic, with miners collapsing inside the tunnels and colleagues rushing to evacuate survivors.
Rescue teams, alongside mining site personnel, quickly cordoned off the affected area and transported 25 victims to a nearby primary health centre, where they are receiving treatment. Some of the injured are reported to be in critical condition.

Police sources confirmed that the mining site has been fully secured to prevent further exposure and to allow investigators to determine the exact circumstances that led to the gas leak. “The site is under strict control, and emergency protocols are being followed to manage the situation,” one source said.
The tragedy has draw attention to the longstanding safety challenges in the underground mining industry, particularly the risk of gas exposure in deep tunnels.
Experts note that proper ventilation, gas monitoring systems, and emergency preparedness are critical to preventing such disasters.
Authorities have pledged a thorough investigation, including assessing whether the mining company complied with existing safety standards and determining accountability. Further updates, including confirmed identities of victims and official responses from regulators, are expected.
Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
