Connect with us

News

Bego expresses government gratitude for support for Yobe

Published

on

Bego expresses government gratitude for support for Yobe

By: Yahaya Wakili

Yobe State Commissioner of Information, Alhaji Abdullahi Bego, has expressed the profound gratitude of His Excellency, Governor Mai Mala Buni CON, and the government and people of Yobe State for partner support and their determination to stay the course as Yobe works to address its myriad challenges.

Bego disclosed this yesterday while representing the Yobe state government in a meeting with the visiting Joint Humanitarian Technical Field Mission, comprising the representatives of the office of the Vice President, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation.

Others include the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the National Commission for Refugees, Migrants, and IDPs, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA), other development partners, our own SEMA, and the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management.

According to Bego, the meeting focused on what the Yobe state government and the above-mentioned partners can do together—increasingly—to address the needs of thousands of people in the state who have been made vulnerable to food insecurity, malnutrition, and other health challenges as a result of the activities of non-state armed groups (NSAGs) and other recent social, economic, and climate-based challenges the state has experienced.

I underscored the continued commitment of His Excellency Governor Buni to finding durable solutions to the challenges of internal displacement and vulnerability. I noted that the high-level steering committee on durable solutions that he empaneled has gone forward in developing a strategic action plan complete with pathways for IDPs and vulnerable host communities.

He also emphasized that while the Buni administration continues to invest in healthcare, education, and other social services to mitigate the effects of the decade-long NSAGs conflict, the support of our partners would be significant in accelerating the process and ensuring that vulnerable people all across the state have a chance to reclaim their lives.

Bego expresses government gratitude for support for Yobe

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops rescue five kidnap victims, repel attack on commuters near enugu

Published

on

Troops rescue five kidnap victims, repel attack on commuters near enugu

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops deployed at 9th Mile in Enugu State have rescued five kidnapped victims after repelling an attack on commuters by suspected armed criminals.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 6:55 p.m. on Feb. 20 when the troops responded to a distress call indicating that assailants had attacked travellers heading towards Anambra State.

On arrival at the scene, the troops engaged the attackers in a gun duel, forcing them to abandon the victims and flee into nearby surroundings.

The sources disclosed that five kidnapped persons were successfully rescued during the operation, while the vehicle used by the victims was also recovered.

It was gathered that the troops expended 11 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition during the encounter.

Security authorities said patrols had been intensified in the area to deny the criminals freedom of action and to forestall further attacks on commuters.

They added that the situation was under control, while surveillance and domination patrols were ongoing.

Troops rescue five kidnap victims, repel attack on commuters near enugu

Continue Reading

News

Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others

Published

on

Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others

By: Our Reporter

Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved a special training fund for the 56 medical doctors currently undergoing residency training under the state’s sponsorship.

The governor granted the approval during an interactive meeting with the resident doctors at the Government House in Maiduguri on Thursday. 

The meeting was convened at the governor’s instance to assess the progress of the doctors’ training and address any challenges hindering their seamless progression in their various places of primary assignments.

Beyond approving the training fund, Zulum also approved the immediate implementation of promotional benefits for all resident doctors due for career progression. 

He directed that the promotions be implemented with immediate effect and that all arrears be paid to the beneficiaries, dating back to the effective date of their promotions.

The governor also directed the Borno State Hospital Management Board to organise a similar interaction with other medical doctors in the state who are not undergoing residency training.

He reiterated that the welfare of all health workers in the state remained a top priority for his administration, stressing that a motivated workforce is essential for delivering quality healthcare services to the people of Borno.

“My administration is committed to creating an enabling environment for our health professionals. We understand that without their dedication, we cannot achieve the needed health coverage we desire for our citizens,” the governor stated.

The meeting was attended by key stakeholders in the health sector, including the Commissioner for Health, Professor Baba Mallam Gana; the chairman of the State Hospital Management Board, Dr Joseph Jatau; and the Chief Medical Director, Professor Abubakar Kullima.

Also in attendance were the acting Chief of Staff, Dr Babagana Mustapha Mallumbe; the Chief Adviser to the Governor, Dr Mairo Mandara, the Executive Director, Borno State Primary Healthcare Development Board, Professor Arab Alhaji Mohammed and the Chief Medical Director of the Kashim Ibrahim University Teaching Hospital, Prof. Ibrahim Musa Kida.

Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others

Continue Reading

News

Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges

Published

on

Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office - Kolga Group Alleges

Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges

The Kolga Youth Progressive Alliance has raised perturbing concerns of Mrs Ebizi Brown Ndiomu, member representing Sagbama Constituency || desperateness for consideration as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State.

The state lawmaker rumoured for possible nomination, consideration for the replacement of the departed deputy governor, has been modelling around the Honorable Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri in Abuja.

A statement issued on Friday by the group spokesman, Comrade Tony Alazigha, the group described Mrs Ebizi Brown adulterous demeanor to be ascribed as desperate measures for consideration, and replacement of the departed deputy governor.

According to the group, Ebizi who shares a good working relationship with the Governor, Senator Douye Diri had ought to concentrate on the established relationship with the governor rather than adulterously running around Heineken Lokpobiri.

The adulterous, scandalous conduct of the honorable member modelling around politicians for consideration of the office of the deputy governor, will dent the image and reputation of the governor and the government.

The group spokesman demanding the general public to be watchful, stated that Kolga leaders who are relations to Mrs Ebizi Brown, are the people desperately pushing for the nomination of the lawmaker to deputize the Governor, Senator Diri.

He said the Kolga leaders pushing for Mrs Ebizi nomination as deputy, are leaders whom Governor Douye Diri has munificently made billions, but not satisfied because they want to control the government, and the leadership structure of the state.

The group cautioned Senator Douye Diri to dismiss the consideration of the Sagbama lawmaker for the replacement of the departed deputy governor, Mr Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.

“The office of the deputy governor demands capacitated individual of reliability, trustworthy, hardworking, resourcefulness, competence, and not adulterous character displayed by the lawmaker from Sagbama.

“Is it the honorable minister working for governorship ambition that will nominate her or the governor whom she share good working relationship.

“Even in Sagbama local government area, there more competent, reliable individuals working closely with the governor that are worthy to deputize Governor Diri, and definitely not adulterous, unreliable Ebizi Brown.

The group urged Senator Diri to look inward in Sagbama for competent, dependable, trustworthy individual that will prioritize Bayelsans before personal interest to deputize him.

Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights