News
Boko haram insurgents dare the Governor’s convoy
Boko haram insurgents dare the Governor’s convoy
By: Bodunrin Kayode
Early this week, precisely on Tuesday, Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum was to return to maiduguri after a working visit to Gamboru Ngala but delayed the journey due to some state exigencies.
And that saved his entire convoy from running into a morning disaster if he had chosen to return to Maiduguri early on Tuesday morning.
Zulum had gone days earlier to Gamboru Ngala as usual to distribute palliatives of food and non food items to the residents and was to return that fateful Tuesday.
The insurgents had assessed wrongly that since he had finished sharing the food stuffs and cash, for the vulnerable, he would leave first thing that day but he never left early to fall in line with the spies of the insurgents.
In his characteristic style, Zulum rather left in the evening and arrived Maiduguri safely without encountering the improvised Explosive Devices (IED’s) planted on the highway that fateful day.
Impeccable sources told this reporter that in place of the convoy, another set of commuters carrying food stuffs ran into the buried trap and some of them lost their lives in the process with others sustaining severe injuries.
Confirming the incident, Police Public Relations Officer Nahum Daso stated that the deadly IED planted along the Gamboru Ngala road killed seven commuters on the spot.
His words, “an Isuzu pick up van coming from Gamboru and going to Maiduguri ran into the IED explosive along kinoba and mosuseni road at Gamboru Ngala axis of the road.
” The driver and 6 others died on the spot after the explosion while 3 others in the vehicle sustained various degrees of injuries.
” Police Explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) unit and joint security operatives have visited the scene to access the situation.”
The entire trunk A road is scanned daily before it is plied by commuters because it is closed daily to traffic at specific hours of the evening.
Boko Haram insurgents have been badly degraded in the north east war theatre of operation Hadin Kai but the iswap faction has remained a thorn in the flesh of security agencies of late.
They have always come out with their trade mark asymmetrical surprises within the three sectors of the theatre sometimes kidnapping people as they did in Yobe recently.
Recently also, Borno elders have regretted the lapse in the security of the state and have called on the government to do something before the state is returned to the dark days.
All the trunk A roads in Borno actually need security escorts to ply except for that of Damaturu Maiduguri which can be plied by commuters without escorts.
The only people who dare to ply the roads are commercial vehicles who are sometimes stopped to pay tolls to the insurgents depending on which direction the insurgents control.
The road is constantly plied by a joint security team of the RRS squad which also escorts vip’s in and out of the state capital for fear of being kidnapped.
Heavy ground and air operations have been taking place recently to back up the major kinetic support being received from the theatre commander, operations Hadin Kai Major General Gold Chibuisi into
Insurgents recently targeted and attacked the convoy of the governor of yobe state in a commando style attack but unfortunately, Governor Buni was not in the convoy which lost one police man to the attack”
Boko haram insurgents dare the Governor’s convoy
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
