Connect with us

News

Borno APC confirms suspension of ex-Rep. Kumalia

Published

on

Borno APC confirms suspension of ex-Rep. Kumalia

Borno APC confirms suspension of ex-Rep. Kumalia

The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Borno has confirmed the suspension of former House of Representatives member and Minority Leader, Mohammed Kumalia.

Kumalia, who represented Maiduguri Metropolitan Federal Constituency twice was suspended on Monday from his Limanti ward for alleged anti-party activities.

A letter addressed to Kumalia from the party signed by the State Publicity Secretary,  Alhaji Makinta Zarami, said the suspension has been endorsed by the State Working Committee of the party.

It said that the claim by Kumalia that he had already sent a letter of resignation before his suspension was an afterthought.

“Your purported letter of resignation dated 21st day of March 2022 was not received by the party in either the ward, local government or state secretariats of the party.

”It is an afterthought on your part to cover up your deficiencies.

“The party further states that you remained suspended following all the allegations contained in the letter of suspension from Limanti ward,” Zarami said.

Some of the allegations levelled against Kumalia include taking the party to court in violation of Article 21 (2)(xi) of the APC constitution 2022 as amended.

Others include consistent engagement in acts that are inimical to the party contrary to article 21(2) and gross indiscipline in contravention of article 21 (2) of the party constitution. 

Borno APC confirms suspension of ex-Rep. Kumalia

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

KOGI YOUTHS CALL ANTI-AKPOTI-UDUAGHAN’S CAMPAIGNERS ENEMIES OF DEMOCRACY

Published

on

KOGI YOUTHS CALL ANTI-AKPOTI-UDUAGHAN’S CAMPAIGNERS ENEMIES OF DEMOCRACY

· URGE NIGERIANS TO IGNORE ODODO, FANWO

· MOVE TO PREVENT KOGI CENTRAL SENATOR’S FOES FROM COMMITTING SUICIDE

By: Michael Mike

Youths in Kogi Central on Friday pounced on the Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr Kingsley Fanwo.

‘’The comments made by Kingsley Fanwo are offensive, bigoted and disgusting’’

They also described Governor Ododo as ‘’a man who can’t stand on his own feet without crutches.

‘‘Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo and Yahaya Adoza Bello ought to know that in a contest at the grassroots level, they have not the ghost of a chance to win in Kogi Central’’

The youths in a statement in Okene advised Fanwo to tame his appetite for falsehood against Akpoti-Uduaghan.

‘’Kogi Central constituents represent a variety of viewpoints and temperaments. The home coming of Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan shows how faithful the Kogi Central people are to the true spirit of democracy and Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan’’.

The statement issued by Kogi Central Youth Forum Chairman, Alhaji Abubakar Jato scolded Fanwo for penciling a chit to the public, insulting civilization and presenting a shrouded and remote figure at the peak of an unintelligent bureaucracy as a responsible person.

‘’Nothing is more important for a politician than to command the necessary abundance of understanding and loyalty on the part of the people’’

They described the Ododo government as a model of poor administration.

‘’Kingsley Fanwo’s comments on Akpoti-Uduaghan are distasteful and provocative. The APC leaders in Kogi State are officious people. They need to imbibe the values and ideals of civilization and democracy’’.

Specifically, the youths applauded the Kogi Central senator for her patriotism, leadership style and tactful politesse.

‘’The senate president is not a person. It is an institution. Senator Godswill Akpabio should not jeopardize the institution’’

They denounced the absurd idea that Akpoti-Uduaghan’s home coming was to create crisis in the state.

The youths added that the future of Nigeria, particularly Kogi State lay with politicians who realized that the people are more interested in government than politics.

‘’We urge the public not to pay attention to what the Commissioner for Information and Communication is saying’’

The statement stressed Akpoti-Uduaghan’s simplicity, personal charm, courage and bubbling nature.

‘’Our task is to prevent those behind Akpoti-Uduaghan’s suspension and recall from committing suicide’’

KOGI YOUTHS CALL ANTI-AKPOTI-UDUAGHAN’S CAMPAIGNERS ENEMIES OF DEMOCRACY

Continue Reading

Crime

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Published

on

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.

Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.

In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.

Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.

The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.

The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT

Published

on

Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected thief in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has died after being beaten by a security officer following his apprehension on April 2.

A Police sources said that a distress call was received at Karu Division about a suspected thief seen around Supreme Quarters in Karu at approximately 1:00 p.m.

The suspect was approached by security personnel who believed him to be involved in theft. When questioned, the suspect attempted to flee but was quickly chased and apprehended by civilian security personnel.

Kola Oba, a Man O’ War officer, then reportedly took the suspect into custody and subjected him to severe physical abuse. The suspect later succumbed to the injuries sustained during the beating and passed away.

The sources said that the Police detectives were dispatched to the scene, and photographs were taken. The body was subsequently transported to the hospital mortuary for preservation.

The suspect’s identity remains unknown, and efforts are underway to locate his family. The officer involved has been arrested.

Suspected Thief Dies After Being Beaten by Man O’ War officer, in FCT

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights