News
Borno Threatens Revocation Of Land Titles Over Non Payment Of Ground Rents
Borno Threatens Revocation Of Land Titles Over Non Payment Of Ground Rents
By Francis Okoye
The Borno State Geographic Information Service (BOGIS ) has threatened revocation of Land titles the outstanding ground rents and other charges have not been perfected by the holders.
The Executive Secretary BOGIS, Engr Adam Bababe made the threat yesterday in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
Bababe recalled that upon the establishment of the Service (BOGIS) in 2020, public notice was issued in that regard more specially, to holders/occupants of disposed government quarters and selected layouts under the pilot scheme.
He said government upon the expiration of the three months period also graciously granted extension for holders/occupants to regularise their position before embarking on full enforcement of the terms and conditions of the grant of their statutory right of occupancy.
The Executive Secretary said for the avoidance of doubt the terms and conditions referred to amongst others are; Covenant to development within two years from the commencement date of the term of right of occupancy; to pay without demand in advance annual ground rent before 15 January every year.
“Not to alienate the right of occupancy or any part thereof by sale, mortgage, transfer of possession, sublease or bequest without consent. Upon expiration of the term of grant to render up to the Commissioner (now Executive Secretary) in good and substantial repair all buildings on the land which have not been removed with consent.
” Change of Land Use without consent. Subdivision without consent.
The Service is now in its fourth year of establishment, and it is ripe to scale up the enforcement of all covenants (terms and conditions of grant of Statutory Right of Occupancy) and clear the way for smooth implementation of the laws and regulations affecting land administration in the State to entrench excellent, transparent, equitable and sustainable land administration in the Borno State.
” In order to attend the vision of the Service to ensure equitable and optimal utilization of land resources for the sustainable development of the Borno State , there is the need to step up compliance level of the terms and conditions of grant by grantees of Statutory Right of Occupancy on the one hand and the need for the service to enforce the breach of such terms and conditions to attain its desire of entrenching good governance in land
administration in the State,” he said.
He called on all holders/occupants of Statutory Right of Occupancy to cooperate with Staff of the Service, saying that the doors of the Service are always open for all enquiries from 9am to 4pm from Mondays to Fridays.
Borno Threatens Revocation Of Land Titles Over Non Payment Of Ground Rents
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
