Connect with us

News

COAS charges troops to flush bandits from forested areas as he vows “No safe haven for terrorists in Nigeria”

Published

on

COAS charges troops to flush bandits from forested areas as he vows “No safe haven for terrorists in Nigeria”

By: Zagazola Makama

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Waidi Shaibu, has declared that bandits and other criminal elements would no longer find refuge in Nigeria’s forests, deserts or national parks, as he charged troops to intensify operations and flush them out of all hideouts.

Shaibu gave the charge on Monday while addressing soldiers and officers of the 2 Division of the Nigerian Army, in Ibadan during an operation visit.

The COAS commended the officers and soldiers for the successes recorded within their area of responsibility, while urging them to sustain the momentum.

“We must let them know that there is no safe haven anywhere. Come rain, come sun, forested areas, desert areas or mountainous areas, we are going after them,” the Army Chief said.

According to him, criminal groups had continued to exploit difficult and forested terrains to launch attacks on innocent citizens, stressing that such advantages would no longer be tolerated.

The COAS directed troops to intensify night operations, noting that dominance of the terrain especially forested zones was critical to denying bandits freedom of movement and operational space.

Shaibu specifically pointed to security challenges around the Kwara general area, Kainji Lake National Park and the Old Oyo National Park, saying firm directives were being issued to ensure that all criminal elements were flushed out of the areas.

“Directives are coming up so that you go and clear everything in that place. We are moving with ruthless determination to eliminate all those disturbing that terrain,” he said.

He praised the General Officer Commanding (GOC) and other senior officers for their leadership, saying the operational briefing he received reflected determination and clear focus.

The Army Chief urged officers to continue to lead from the front, describing leadership as a decisive factor in sustaining operational superiority and achieving victory over adversaries.

Shaibu also expressed satisfaction with the morale and responsiveness of the troops, adding that he expected more tangible results from the 2 Division area of responsibility in the coming days.

On welfare, the COAS assured officers and soldiers that their well-being remained a top priority for Army Headquarters, pledging that entitlements would be paid promptly and logistical needs addressed.

He disclosed that approval had been granted for additional renovation and construction of accommodation within barracks under the division to ease existing accommodation pressure.

“You will be given all you require, and all your entitlements will be paid as and when due,” Shaiwo assured the troops.

He added that sustained discipline, motivation and improved welfare were indispensable to maintaining operational superiority against bandits and other criminal elements threatening communities across the region.

COAS charges troops to flush bandits from forested areas as he vows “No safe haven for terrorists in Nigeria”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road

Published

on

Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road

By: Zagazola Makama

A senior police officer has died while 17 other passengers sustained injuries following a road accident along the Potiskum–Bauchi highway in Yobe State.

Sources said the crash occurred at about 3:15 p.m. on Feb. 21 near the bye-pass roundabout area of PKM on the outskirts of Potiskum.

The vehicle, a Toyota Hummer Bus belonging to Borno Express and conveying 18 passengers from Kaduna to Maiduguri, reportedly lost control after the rear tyre rim on the passenger side suddenly detached.

According to the sources , the driver veered off the road into a bush, resulting in fatal and multiple injuries.

One of the passengers, ACP Abubakar Ibrahim Balteh, 45, attached to the Borno State Police Command, sustained a severe head injury and died on the spot.

Two male and two female passengers escaped unhurt, while 13 others suffered serious injuries of varying degrees.

The injured victims and the deceased were evacuated to the General Hospital Potiskum for treatment and autopsy.

Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road

Continue Reading

News

Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists

Published

on

Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA have neutralised several of suspected Lakurawa terrorist elements following a failed attack on Dadinkowa community in Kebbi State.

Local intelligence sources said the armed group attempted to raid a local market in the early hours of Sunday and blocked a major access road into the community to facilitate the operation.

The sources disclosed that security forces responded swiftly after receiving distress alerts and engaged the attackers in a fierce gun battle, forcing them to retreat.

According to the sources, several of the assailants were neutralised during the encounter, while others escaped with suspected gunshot wounds.

The attempted market raid was successfully foiled, preventing potential civilian casualties and destruction of property.

Troops have since intensified patrols and clearance operations around Dadinkowa and adjoining areas to track fleeing elements and stabilise the security environment.

Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists

Continue Reading

News

One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra

Published

on

One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra

By: Zagazola Makama

A 15-year-old boy was killed while security operatives repelled an attack by suspected members of the proscribed IPOB/ESN militia at Ogbakoba Market Arena in Anambra State.

Sources said the incident occurred on Feb. 21 at about 1:40 p.m., when a group of armed hoodlums emerged from a dense forest camp at Amiyi and opened sporadic fire at market-goers, apparently attempting to kidnap or rob residents.

A joint task force patrol team stationed at Amiyi responded swiftly, engaging the attackers in a fierce gun duel that forced them to retreat into the forest with bullet wounds. The injured boy was rushed to the village hospital but was confirmed dead on arrival. His body was deposited in the morgue for autopsy and preservation.

The sources added that later the same day at about 8:30 p.m., the armed group resurfaced near the community, snatching a shuttle bus with registration number HAL 987 XA and a GSM phone belonging to one Mr. Kinsley Iwunze of Okpotuno Odekpe, Ogbaru LGA.

Security operatives immediately dispatched teams to the scene, but the hoodlums had fled. Authorities said an aggressive manhunt was ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.

One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights