Connect with us

News

Eid-El-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys over 40,000 Personnel Across Nigeria

Published

on

Eid-El-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys over 40,000 Personnel Across Nigeria

By: Michael Mike

The Commandant General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Dr Ahmed Audi has ordered the strategic deployment of over 40,000 personnel of the Corps across the federation in the bid to ensure the protection of lives and property, and safeguard the nation’s Critical National Assets and Infrastructure.

According to the statement by the spokesman of NSCDC, Babawale Afolabi on Monday, the CG gave the directive based on current security challenges and the need to proactively tackle crime and criminalities before it’s being perpetrated.

He hinted that the Corps would deploy both Kinetic and non-kinetic approaches to nip in the bud all acts of criminalities before, during and after the eid-el-filtri celebration in various states of the nation.

He said: “As the Holy month of Ramadan comes to a close, on behalf of the Management and Personnel of the NSCDC it is my pleasure to congratulate all our Muslim brothers all over the nation wishing them a blessed, peaceful and joyful Eid-el-Fitr.

“This felicitation is with unwavering assurance that the celebration will go very smoothly and without any hitch as Officers and men of the Corps would be deployed strategically to public places, Eid prayer grounds, Shopping Malls, Markets, Motor parks and various flash points across various formations and States of the federation.

“Notably, the State Commandants have been directed to deploy their Personnel to strategic location and flash points while ensuring strong collaborations with other Sister Security Agencies and adequate supervision of their personnel for effective service delivery”.

While praying for Peace across the nation, Audi charged the Muslim faithful to reflect on the Ramadan lessons of Compassion, Unity and mutual respect for the dignity of persons. He also said there is a need to remember the most vulnerable, the poor; wishing all Muslims “Eid Mubarak”.

Eid-El-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys over 40,000 Personnel Across Nigeria

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

News

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Published

on

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

By: Zagazola Makama

A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.

Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.

The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.

Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.

The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.

Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.

The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.

Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights