Connect with us

News

FG to Commission multi-billion Naira projects in Ondo, Bayelsa

Published

on

FG to Commission multi-billion Naira projects in Ondo, Bayelsa

By: Michael Mike

Two major projects worth over N32 billion are to be commissioned in the oil rich Niger Delta region, the Ministry of Niger Delta Development has disclosed.

The commissioning which will be carried out by the Minister of Niger Delta Development, Abubakar Momoh are located in Bayelsa and Ondo States.

According to a statement by the Special Assistant on Media and Communications to the Minister, Mr. John Mayaki, the projects include the 25.753 kilometres Ogbia-Nembe Road and Bridges, worth N24.4 billion and represents a lifeline for the long-isolated oil-producing communities, traversing swampy terrains.

The project, according to minister was constructed in collaboration with Shell Petroleum Development Company Nigeria Ltd (SPDC).

The statement quoted the minister as saying that the “infrastructure not only establishes a vital connection between Nembe and the nation. It also promises to ignite economic prosperity across the region.

“This project cost the sum of N24,421,857,276.16 (Twenty – Four Billion, Four Hundred and Twenty – One Million, Eight Hundred and Fifty – Seven Thousand, Two Hundred and Seventy-Six Naira, Sixteen kobo), and the scope is 25.753 km asphalt pavement single carriage way; 9.15 km of pre-fabricated vertical drains on the swamp, and Seven bridges.

“There’s no denying that the completion of this road will revolutionize transportation, significantly reducing travel time and stimulating development across 14 communities.”

The second project, the Okitipupa Electricity Project in Ondo State, the minister said holds immense promise in brightening the lives of thousands across five local government areas.

He said, “We are elated by this significant achievement, as reliable electricity access will serve as a catalyst for economic growth, elevate living standards, and pave the way for a more promising future.”

The cost of the project is N8, 152,952,040.57 (Eight Billion, One Hundred and Fifty – Two Million, Nine Hundred and Fifty – Two Thousand, Forty Naira, Fifty – Seven Kobo) while the scope of the project include the construction of 45km 132 KV feeder line from Omotosho to Okitipupa; the construction of 2 nos 30/40 MVA 132/33KV Injection substations with breakers gantry and substation automation; the construction of 3 Bedroom semi-detached bungalow as service quarters; the provision of 2 x 60 MVA, 132/33KV transformer at Okitipupa Injection Substation; the rehabilitation of 33 km 33/11 KV transmission from Okitipupa – Igbokoda – Ubgbonla and environs; and the construction of 1km rigid pavement with drains.

FG to Commission multi-billion Naira projects in Ondo, Bayelsa

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

News

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Published

on

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

By: Zagazola Makama

A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.

Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.

The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.

Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.

The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.

Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.

The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.

Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights