News
GEN SARASO COMMISSIONS NEWLY REMODELED 30 UNIT CORPORAL AND BELOW QUARTERS AT KOTOKO BARRACKS, RIBADU CANTONMENT KADUNA
GEN SARASO COMMISSIONS NEWLY REMODELED 30 UNIT CORPORAL AND BELOW QUARTERS AT KOTOKO BARRACKS, RIBADU CANTONMENT KADUNA
By: Michael Mike
The General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Mayirenso Lander Saraso has officially commissioned the newly remodeled Block 51 Corporal and Below Quarters in Kotoko Barracks, Ribadu Cantonment, Kaduna. The remodeled facility which now boasts of 30 fully reconstructed flats is designed to enhance and improve the living conditions of personnel of 1 Division Nigerian Army and their families.

General Saraso commended the quality of work carried out and expressed gratitude to the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, proud holder of the Nigerian Army Medal for the resources provided to execute the project. He emphasized the importance of maintaining the new facility by urging the occupants to make good use of it and ensure that the building is well maintained.

Earlier in his welcome remarks, the Ribadu Cantonment Maintenance Officer and Project Supervisor, Lieutenant Colonel DE Evurani, appreciated the COAS and the GOC for their commitments to the welfare and well-being of personnel, noting that the renovations work was carried out in line with best engineering practices and standards. He expressed confidence that the new facility would serve the occupants well.
Highlights of the event were, cutting of the project commissioning tape, a tour of the facility by the GOC and other Principal Staff Officers of 1 Division as well as presentation of keys to the new occupants.
GEN SARASO COMMISSIONS NEWLY REMODELED 30 UNIT CORPORAL AND BELOW QUARTERS AT KOTOKO BARRACKS, RIBADU CANTONMENT KADUNA
News
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
An operative attached to a security unit in Niger State has died following an accidental discharge of a rifle at his duty post in Shiroro Local Government Area.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 10:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the operative, identified as Abubakar Iliya, 35, who was attached to a special hunters unit stationed at Galadiman-Kogo, reportedly fell from a sentry post.
During the fall, his cocked rifle disengaged and discharged, striking him in the abdomen and causing fatal injuries.
His remains were later evacuated by his unit for burial in accordance with customary rites.
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
News
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
A canoe conveying seven passengers capsized while in transit between Jata and Kami Village in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State, leaving several persons missing.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 7:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the canoe, carrying six females and one male passenger, overturned during the journey.
The passengers were identified as Mustapher Yakubu; Sahura Yakubu and her child; Zarifa Yakubu; Mommy Yakubu; Lizatu Yakubu; Zaratu Yusuf; and Sumaiya Ibrahim, all from Jata/Bmagara via Kami Village.
Rescue teams, including police and local divers, were immediately mobilised to the scene. The boat driver and his conductor were rescued alive, while search efforts are ongoing to locate the remaining passengers.
Authorities said further updates would be provided as rescue operations continue.
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
News
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
Armed bandits have killed two people and razed homes during an attack on Konkoso Village in Niger State, security sources said.
According to sources, the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 17 when a large group of bandits invaded the village, shot two residents whose identities are yet to be confirmed, and set several houses on fire.
The attackers also looted shops and carted away food items before leaving Konkoso Village and moving toward Pissa Village in Pissa District.
Authorities said efforts are ongoing to track the bandits and apprehend those responsible for the attack.
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
