Connect with us

News

Governor Buni reviews curfew time in Yobe.

Published

on

Governor Buni reviews curfew time in Yobe.

By: Yahaya Wakili

Yobe state governor, Hon. Mai Mala Buni CON, has approved a review of the curfew, which now starts from 6 p.m.–6 a.m. with effect from Wednesday, August 7, 2024. After careful assessment and noticeable improvement in the security situation in Potiskum, Gashua, and Nguru,.

Governor Buni disclosed this after chairing a security council meeting with the heads of security agencies in the state to review the security situation following the nationwide protests.

In the aftermath of the security meeting, Governor Mai Mala Buni commended the security organizations for handling the situation maturely and professionally.

The council noted with dismay the sudden appearance of hoodlums and criminals who hid under the protest to destroy and loot government and private properties in Potiskum, Gashua, and Nguru, which led to the declaration of curfew in the three towns.

The council cautioned parents and guardians to always monitor their wards and not to allow them to be used as agents of destruction and looting.

The council also called on traditional rulers, religious leaders, and opinion leaders to preach peace and peaceful coexistence and support government efforts towards entrenching peace and security across the state.

The council recognized everyone as a stakeholder in peacebuilding and should support security agencies with timely and useful information on all suspicious persons and movements in their localities.

Similarly, the public is hereby advised to be vigilant and report cases of illicit transactions, including trafficking, sales, and consumption of prohibited drugs.

The governor and chairman of the council assured the security agencies of the support of the state government with a call on them to be proactive as the state is emerging out of protracted security challenges and cannot afford to accommodate any new forms of violence and insecurity.

The heads of the security agencies assured the government of increased dedication to ensuring sustainable security across the state.

Governor Buni reviews curfew time in Yobe.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights