Connect with us

News

Governor Buni Speaks On Government Efforts After Boko Haram Destroy Schools In Yobe

Published

on

Governor Buni Speaks On Government Efforts After Boko Haram Destroy Schools In Yobe

By: Yahaya Wakili

Yobe state governor, Hon. Mai Mala Buni has said that his administration in the last four years substantially achieved the set targets where government established new schools and reconstructed others distroyed by the insurgency.

He also said, government supplied books and employed new teachers which have all translated into massive improvement in the performance of our students.

Governor Mai Mala Buni disclosed this when the UNDP North-East Sub Office Team paid him a courtesy call at the Government House, Damaturu.

He appreciate the result-oriented partnership between the UNDP, the Government of Japan and the Yobe state government in the recovery, reconstruction and rehabilitation process of our communities especially those affected by the unfortunate insurgency.

“Our government at inception identified areas of priority which includes education, healthcare delivery, housing, water supply, roads, markets, youths and women empowerment among others to support the recovery process.” Buni said.

In addition, government established 138 functional primary health centers out of the proposed 178 for every political ward in the state, upgraded eight primary health care centers to General Hospitals and four General Hospitals to Specialist hospitals.

“Today, we proudly have one of the largest Maternity and Child Healthcare center in Nigeria to curb the menace of maternal and Child mortality in the state.”

According to the governor, his administration paid great attention to youth and women empowerment to provide them with employment opportunities and sustainable means of livelihood.

He revealed that, the beneficiaries of various empowerment Programmes of the government were provided with productive skills and set-up capital to set up their business ventures.

“The beneficiaries are not only gainfully employed and self reliant, but also employers of labour thereby complementing government efforts in job and wealth creation and fast tracking the recovery process.

The governor seize the opportunity to appreciate and commend your good efforts in the reconstruction and equipping of health facilities and vocational training to our youths among others.

“The effect of climate change on the state we are faced with the twin challenge of desert encroachment and floods the state is loosing sizeable of its part to desert encroachment and also recording huge loss to yearly floods.” he said.

Speaking earlier, the Head of the UNDP North-East Sub Office, Mr Moncef Kartas commended Yobe state government for the support and cooperation rendered to UNDP activities in the state.

Governor Buni Speaks On Government Efforts After Boko Haram Destroy Schools In Yobe

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights