News
GOVERNOR MUTFWANG DECLARES 24 HOUR CURFEW IN MANGU COUNCIL AREA
GOVERNOR MUTFWANG DECLARES 24 HOUR CURFEW IN MANGU COUNCIL AREA
By: Bodunrin Kayode
Plateau State Governor, Caleb Mutfwang has declared a 24 hour curfew on Mangu council Area of the state.
This followed the deteriorating security situation in the area in which some people had to raize down churches sending residents scampering around for their lives.
Governor Mutfwang took the decision after consultations with the relevant security agencies on how to keep the peace in the area.
A statement signed by the Governor’s spokesman Gyang Bere today stated that only persons on essential duties are allowed to move within the council area until further notice.
The statement directed all citizens, especially residents of Mangu council area, to comply with the directive and assist the security personnel by providing reliable information to restore peace and order in the area.
The Governor regretted that some people are still determined to create an atmosphere of insecurity in the state, despite the government’s efforts to end the activities of terrorist elements.
He expressed his sympathy to the families of the victims and the injured, and assured them that the government will not relent in ensuring lasting peace in the state.
Mutfwang assured that the curfew will be reviewed as soon as the security situation improves in the embattled Council area.
Trouble started when suspected armed bandits embarked on burning of church buildings while attacking Christians in Mangu area of the state.
The bandits are believed to have come from the surrounding bushes brandishing dangerous weapons and causing pandemonium in the capital of Mangu even as residents scampered to safety.
As at the time of writing this report COCIN Church near Sabon Kasuwa was alleged to be on fire and the assailants were seen looking for more churches to pull down in the town.
This reporter learnt that some of these assailants have already settled in nearby communities owned by residents they dislodged during past raids which explains the cause for the clash.
Some residents were said to have tried to reclaim their ancestral homes already taken over by the bandits.
When contacted a security source in Mangu however said, he could not confirm the burning of any Church or mosque in the violence in Mangu.
Another source within the STF however said he could not ascertain the immediate cause of the uprising in Mangu.
He regretted That despite the 24 hours Curfew imposed on Mangu, there were heavy gunshots heard around the town as youths are not ready to be calm even under the Curfew
He revealed that smoke was however seen billowing into the sky as a result of the burning of houses in some neighborhoods as at late Tuesday evening.
GOVERNOR MUTFWANG DECLARES 24 HOUR CURFEW IN MANGU COUNCIL AREA
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
News
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
By: Zagazola Makama
A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.
The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.
Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.
The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.
Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.
The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.
Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
