Connect with us

News

Governor Zulum, Buni and Kefas to receive Digital Transformation and Developmental Award 2023

Published

on

Governor Zulum, Buni and Kefas to receive Digital Transformation and Developmental Award 2023

By: Banahana Bukar

Organisation set to Award three North East Governors for their outstanding Digital Transformation and Developmental stride in the field of Innovation, Science and Technology

This is contains in a statement signed and made available to the newsmen in Sunday by Director Media and Publicity Rider Option
Aisha S Rabo.

Rider Option an Organisation presently working on implementation of digital Transformation Agenda 2030 by complimenting the efforts of Federal Government in the area of digital literacy through organizing conferences, training in Nigeria has nominated three Governors of North East for their outstanding and significant contribution they made to the Nigerian Digital Transformation Agenda 2030 at Subnational level .

Director media and publicity of the organization Aisha S Rabo made known to the members of press in Abuja Federal Capital Territory today Sunday 17th December, 2023,

His Excellency Prof Babagana Umara Zulum, The Executive Governor of Borno State apart from establishing a ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation has significantly transformed Borno State through rapid infrastructural Development.
He is receiving the most distinguished Innovative and Infrastructural Development Award 2023

His Excellency, Alhaji Mai Mala Buni The Executive Governor of Yobe State has been recognized for this Award for his contribution in Establishing Yobe State Information Technology and Development Agency. YITDA , an agency that is solely responsible for the digital transformation and Development of Yobe State which non of the States in the Federation so far domesticated the National Policy on Digital Transformation Agenda 2030.
The establishing of the full-pledged Yobe Information Technology Development Agency (YITDA) is the first of its kind in the North East region that calls for emulation by others to drive the digital transformation agenda and create jobs.
He is receiving the most Digital and AI Grand Ambassador Award 2023

His Excellency, Dr Kefas Agbo the Executive Governor of Taraba State has been recognized for empowering over 1000 Youth on digital Innovation and a convener of TARABA HACKATHON 2023 a widely accepted and publicized digitect programme that attracted international digital transformation leaders. The programme was facilitated under the new Ministry he created under the leadership of Hon Gideon Nonso Commissioner for Digital Economy and Innovation

The nomination letters for the three Governors was signed by Engr Isa Bashir Alkali the Executive Director of the organization and already issued to the Governors through their Aides and Liaison officers in Abuja while the presentation of the Awards will take place on Wednesday 20th December,2023 during the 1st Northern Youth Conference And Exhibition On Artificial Intelligence scheduled to hold in at Prof Babagana Umara Zulum Multi Purpose Hall at University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital ( UMTH ) Maiduguri in Borno by 10am

Aisha said after the successful hosting of the Organisation’s North Central Conference in Minna which took place on the 4th and 5th December, 2023, the organisation is set for the North East conference in Maiduguri as scheduled.

The conference brings together stakeholders, regulators, policy makers, Fintech, Mobile payment systems, Governments, innovators, technology solution providers, social impact enterprises, banks, telecommunications firms, researchers, Development Finance Institutions, Non-Governmental organisations, entrepreneurs, start-ups, investors, and philanthropists etc seeking to promote deep knowledge on Artificial Intelligence.

Aisha said that the event is beyond the conference, the Organization’s willingness to partner with the States Governments and the Digital Transformation Leaders and enthusiast to establish Artificial Intelligence Hubs in each States which will serve as incubation, innovation and collaboration centre for digitech enthusiasts.

Governor Zulum, Buni and Kefas to receive Digital Transformation and Developmental Award 2023

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Spate in Bloodshed in the North: KACRAN Calls for Diplomatic Solution

Published

on

Spate in Bloodshed in the North: KACRAN Calls for Diplomatic Solution

By: Michael Mike

As fresh waves of violence leave communities in mourning across Northern Nigeria, the Kulen Allah Vitality Self-Reliance Association (KACRAN) has called for an immediate diplomatic surge to end the spiraling insecurity that has claimed more than 200 lives in recent attacks in Niger and Kwara states.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the association condemned what it described as a relentless cycle of killings, kidnappings and livestock rustling that has devastated families and crippled rural economies.

It also decried the reported abduction of 176 persons in parts of Kwara State, urging security agencies to ensure their swift and unconditional release.

KACRAN said while the military has continued to confront armed groups across the region, force alone cannot deliver lasting peace.

“Permanent peace is built on trust, dialogue and unity of purpose, not bullets alone,” the association said, warning that prolonged militarisation of internal conflicts risks creating more complex and entrenched crises.

The group acknowledged ongoing security interventions under President Bola Tinubu and commended the leadership of the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, as well as the Chief of Defence Staff, Christopher Musa.

It praised the sacrifices of troops on the frontlines but expressed concern that despite a defence budget exceeding N5 trillion in 2026, attacks continue in several communities.

According to KACRAN, the persistence of violence suggests the need for a complementary political and diplomatic framework to address the root causes of instability, including poverty, youth unemployment, communal mistrust and competition over land and grazing resources.

The association proposed what it termed a “diplomatic roadmap” anchored on three key pillars: coordinated leadership among Northern governors and stakeholders; structured dialogue to rebuild trust between affected communities; and economic reinvestment in agriculture and youth empowerment.

It stressed that redirecting resources toward job creation, infrastructure and holistic agricultural development — spanning crop farming, livestock and fisheries — would undercut the economic incentives driving criminality.

“Peace and security in the North is the bedrock of peace in Nigeria,” said Hon. Khalil Bello, National President of KACRAN, urging Northern leaders to close ranks and take collective responsibility for restoring stability.

The North has faced years of overlapping security challenges, from banditry and kidnapping to farmer-herder clashes and organized criminal networks. Entire villages have been displaced, schools shut down and farmlands abandoned, worsening food insecurity and economic hardship.

Security analysts note that while military operations have recorded tactical successes, the absence of sustained dialogue and socio-economic reforms has allowed violence to resurface in cycles.

KACRAN warned that Nigeria must avoid the prolonged instability seen in conflict-ridden nations, emphasizing that unity and inclusive engagement remain the only viable path to sustainable peace.

Spate in Bloodshed in the North: KACRAN Calls for Diplomatic Solution

Continue Reading

News

Nigerians in Diaspora Commission Boss Demands Justice Over Killing of Nigerian Driver in South Africa

Published

on

Nigerians in Diaspora Commission Boss Demands Justice Over Killing of Nigerian Driver in South Africa

By: Michael Mike

The Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has strongly condemned the killing of a 22-year-old Nigerian e-hailing driver, Isaac Satlet, in Pretoria, South Africa, describing the incident as deeply troubling and unacceptable.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday, Dabiri-Erewa called on South African authorities to ensure the immediate arrest and prosecution of all those involved in the crime. She said the recurring cases of violence and criminal attacks against Nigerians living in South Africa have become a serious source of concern.

The NiDCOM boss noted that Nigeria and South Africa share a long history of diplomatic, economic and historical ties, rooted in solidarity during the anti-apartheid struggle, however expressing disappointment that despite this relationship, some individuals continue to perpetrate violent crimes against fellow Africans.

Dabiri-Erewa urged South African authorities to guarantee the protection of lives and property of non-indigenes, stressing that justice must not only be done but be seen to be done in the case of the murdered driver.

She reiterated the Commission’s resolve to strengthen rapid response protocols and institutionalise structured escalation mechanisms for handling diaspora-related emergencies. According to her, NiDCOM will intensify risk mapping strategies and deepen structured engagement with host authorities to improve the safety of Nigerians abroad.

Meanwhile, South African police have reportedly arrested a female suspect in connection with the brutal murder of Satlet, which occurred on February 11, 2026, in Pretoria West. The suspect is expected to appear before the Atteridgeville Magistrate’s Court on February 16, 2026, on charges of car hijacking and murder.

Police reports indicate that Satlet had picked up two passengers — a male and a female — through an e-hailing platform before he was attacked and his vehicle hijacked. His body and the stolen car were later discovered in Atteridgeville.

Dashcam footage reportedly captured part of the incident and played a crucial role in the swift arrest of the female suspect. Authorities are still searching for the male suspect, with further arrests anticipated.

The killing has sparked widespread outrage within the Nigerian community in South Africa and back home, with renewed calls for improved safety measures for e-hailing drivers who often operate in high-risk environments.

Satlet, described by friends and associates as hardworking and ambitious, was a student preparing to graduate next month. He had reportedly planned to pursue further studies in Canada, making his death even more devastating for his family and loved ones.

Over the past decade, diplomatic relations between Nigeria and South Africa have occasionally come under strain due to recurring xenophobic attacks and criminal incidents involving foreign nationals, including Nigerians. Several bilateral meetings and joint commissions have been convened to address concerns over citizens’ safety and promote cooperation on migration and security issues.

NiDCOM, established to engage and protect Nigerians in the diaspora, has repeatedly advocated structured frameworks with host countries to respond swiftly to emergencies affecting Nigerian nationals abroad. The Commission has also called for improved documentation, safety awareness, and collaboration between diaspora groups and local law enforcement agencies.

Dabiri-Erewa reaffirmed that while Nigeria respects the sovereignty of South Africa, the safety and protection of Nigerian citizens abroad remain non-negotiable.

Nigerians in Diaspora Commission Boss Demands Justice Over Killing of Nigerian Driver in South Africa

Continue Reading

News

Kidnapped worshippers of St. John Catholic Church regain freedom in Benue, four suspects arrested

Published

on

Kidnapped worshippers of St. John Catholic Church regain freedom in Benue, four suspects arrested

By: Zagazola Makama

The Benue State Police Command has confirmed the release of worshippers abducted during a night vigil at St. John Catholic Church, Ojeji, in Ado Local Government Area of the state.

Sources disclosed that the victims were freed unhurt following sustained search and rescue operations mounted by security operatives in the area.

In connection with the incident, two suspects, Abubakar Jibril and Ashiru Ibrahim, were earlier arrested on Feb. 11, 2026, by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Ado. The suspects were reportedly found in possession of five rounds of 7.62mm ammunition at the time of their arrest.

Further follow-up operations by the Intelligence Response Team (IRT) from Abuja, in collaboration with tactical teams, led to a raid on a hideout linked to one of the suspects. During the operation on Feb. 14, an AK-47 rifle and eight rounds of 7.62mm ammunition were recovered, while two additional suspects were arrested.

The suspects are believed to be involved in the kidnapping of worshippers during the church’s night vigil.

Authorities said investigations by the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) and the IRT are ongoing, with efforts intensified to track down other members of the syndicate.

Kidnapped worshippers of St. John Catholic Church regain freedom in Benue, four suspects arrested

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights