Connect with us

News

Group urges Aiyedatiwa to seek for experience hands as Deputy…Suggest former Speaker, Olabimtan

Published

on

Group urges Aiyedatiwa to seek for experience hands as Deputy
…Suggest former Speaker, Olabimtan

By: Michael Mike

As the search for a new Deputy Governor for Ondo State is ongoing, a group, Ondo state Positive Thinkers on Friday urged Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa to seek for an experience hand that would help him stabilise the state.

Aiyedatiwa was sworn-in as the governor of the state following the demise of Governor Olurotimi Akeredolu who lost the battle against prostrate cancer on Wednesday morning.

The governor had been reported to have started consultations across the state and outside the state.

He was in Lagos on Thursday where he had a close door meeting with President Bola Tinubu.

Though, he has promised the president to mobilise all stakeholders in his domain to move the state forward, the group said the governor would however need to achieve this by the calibre of choices he made first hid Deputy Governor and also members of his Executive Cabinet.

The group in a statement signed by its President, Balogun Bodeola and made available to journalists in Abuja stressed, that “the challenge before Aiyedatiwa right now is how to reconcile the already fractured state following the political crisis that engulfed the state in the last three months or also.

“We therefore call on Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa to avoid picking a deputy that would not add value to governance in the state.

“Mr. Governor needs a deputy that understands the political dynamics in the state and also a political stabilizer, a bridge builder that would help rebuild the already broken bridges in the state.

“Though some names have been thrown up and also behind the scene lobbying have been ongoing, we feel that the governor needs a grassroot politician who would help him settle down to work and also humble enough to help Mr. Governor galvernise the people of the state behind him.

“In this wise, we want to suggest Hon. Victor Olabimtan who is not new to the Akeredolu-Aiyedatiwa camp.

“The 66 years old graduate of History, University of Lagos, is currently the Executive Chairman of State Universal Basic Education Board since 2022, hails from Supare-Akoko in Akoko South West Local Government Area of Ondo State.

“Olabimtan was the Director General for Akete in 2016 and he also played the same role during Akete re-election in 2020.

“A former Speaker of the State House of Assembly and one time governorahip aspirant, Olabimtan has political contact across the state, which puts him in a better position to help the governor reconcile the already divided state.

“Olabitan, an astute politician and a grassroot mobiliser is the kind of person that the governor needs right now to help stabilise the state because of his reach and contacts.

“As a group seeking the best for Mr. Governor and the state, we believe that Olabimtan would be a political asset.

“With his experience and contact, we are rest assured that he would help the governor to quickly settle down in office. “

Group urges Aiyedatiwa to seek for experience hands as Deputy
…Suggest former Speaker, Olabimtan

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights