News
Hope Revived as Army Rescues another Chibok Girl, Ihyi Abudu, and 99 other captives
Hope Revived as Army Rescues another Chibok Girl, Ihyi Abudu, and 99 other captives
By: Zagazola Makama
It was a moment of unbridled joy and relief as the Nigerian Army’s troops of 21 Armoured Brigade , stormed the Boko Haram stronghold in the Sambisa Forest, rescuing 99 women and children including one of the Chibok girls, Ihyi Abudu and her two children.
The operation, code-named Operation Lake Sanity ll, was in continuation of the troops of Operation Hadin Kai’s efforts to annihilate the terrorists in Sambisa, Timbuktu and other parts of the North East Region.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the rescued girl who was in serial number 67 on the abducted Chibok girls list, escaped from Parisu hideouts of the terrorists and was rescued during a clearance operation in BARARAM general area in Sambisa Forest.
The source said that as they entered the terrorist camp, the soldiers were met with a heart-wrenching sight: the 99 rescued captives comprising 41 women and 57 children and the Chibok girl with her children, malnourished and traumatized, but alive, surrendered to the troops.
He explained that after a successful rescue mission, the Nigerian Army’s Medical Corps sprang into action, and provided critical medical care to the freed captives. The team raced against time to immunize the victims against deadly diseases.
The medical team quickly assessed their condition. Many showed signs of malnutrition, dehydration, and exposure to diseases. The team sprang into action, administering vaccines and medications to prevent the spread of diseases.

According to the source, Ihyi Abudu was number 19 among the Chibok girls that were rescued by the Nigeria Army while over 161,000 Boko Haram and their families had so far surrendered to the troops during various operations.
He added that the rescue operation was in testament to the Nigerian Army’s unwavering commitment to protecting civilians and upholding human rights
The Chibok girls’ ordeal had captured the world’s attention, and their rescue was a beacon of hope for a nation and a people who had suffered greatly at the hands of terrorism.
Hope Revived as Army Rescues another Chibok Girl, Ihyi Abudu, and 99 other captives
News
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
An operative attached to a security unit in Niger State has died following an accidental discharge of a rifle at his duty post in Shiroro Local Government Area.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 10:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the operative, identified as Abubakar Iliya, 35, who was attached to a special hunters unit stationed at Galadiman-Kogo, reportedly fell from a sentry post.
During the fall, his cocked rifle disengaged and discharged, striking him in the abdomen and causing fatal injuries.
His remains were later evacuated by his unit for burial in accordance with customary rites.
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
News
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
A canoe conveying seven passengers capsized while in transit between Jata and Kami Village in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State, leaving several persons missing.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 7:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the canoe, carrying six females and one male passenger, overturned during the journey.
The passengers were identified as Mustapher Yakubu; Sahura Yakubu and her child; Zarifa Yakubu; Mommy Yakubu; Lizatu Yakubu; Zaratu Yusuf; and Sumaiya Ibrahim, all from Jata/Bmagara via Kami Village.
Rescue teams, including police and local divers, were immediately mobilised to the scene. The boat driver and his conductor were rescued alive, while search efforts are ongoing to locate the remaining passengers.
Authorities said further updates would be provided as rescue operations continue.
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
News
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
Armed bandits have killed two people and razed homes during an attack on Konkoso Village in Niger State, security sources said.
According to sources, the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 17 when a large group of bandits invaded the village, shot two residents whose identities are yet to be confirmed, and set several houses on fire.
The attackers also looted shops and carted away food items before leaving Konkoso Village and moving toward Pissa Village in Pissa District.
Authorities said efforts are ongoing to track the bandits and apprehend those responsible for the attack.
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
