Connect with us

Crime

Hungry Boko Haram Kills 3 Farmers Injured 1 Borno

Published

on

Hungry Boko Haram Kills 3 Farmers Injured 1 Borno

Hungry Boko Haram Kills 3 Farmers Injured 1 Borno

By Zagazola Makama

Three bodies of farmers have been recovered in Gajeri, a remote village in Konduga in Borno State, northeast Nigeria, following an attack early Wednesday by suspected Boko Haram fighters.

An Intelligence Sources told Zagazola Makama, a Counter Insurgency Expert and Security Analyst in Lake Chad, that the three bodies recovered so far had deep machete cuts and bullet wounds. 

The sources said that the farmers were busy working in their derms when the attackers armed with a 47 stormed the farm on motorcycles to demand food.
He said that when the farmers could not meet their demands, they surrounded them and began shooting them.

He said that one person fled with a broken leg after he was shot but managed to escape.
According to him, two farmers who didn’t die after being shot were later butchered with a cutlass by the insurgents.

The armed group were suspected to be from Gazuwa village, a notorious acclaimed headquarters of the Jamā’at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da’wah wa’l-Jihād, a faction of Boko Haram, local about 8 kilometres to Bama Local Government Area. 

On August 2, 2022, Troops of 21 Armoured Brigade Bama Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) in conjunction with the Civilian Joint Task Force stormed the camp and eliminated scores of the terrorists.

The damaging attack against the terrorists and continued strategy of the Nigerian troops to block most logistics routes of the terrorists has stringered hunger and starvation in the Boko Haram camp,  warranting them to resort to attacking local villages and farms for foodstuffs, money, and medicines among others.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

Published

on

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

By: Zagazola Makama

The Police Command in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has arrested a 40-year-old man who allegedly posed as a soldier to deceive and extort unsuspecting members of the public in Abuja.

Sources said that the suspect, identified as Abdullahi Salisu of Military Pension Board area, was arrested on Monday evening by a police ambush team from Kubwa Division while on routine patrol at FO1, Kubwa.

“On a spot search, one locally made pistol with a cartridge was recovered in his possession.

“A further search conducted at his residence led to the recovery of another locally made gun, as well as clothing and tokens suspected to belong to a civilian JTF unit, which the suspect allegedly used in carrying out criminal activities,” said the sources.

The sources said suspect is currently in custody undergoing interrogation to ascertain his true identity and involvement in other crimes.

Police arrest fake soldier, recover firearms in Abuja

Continue Reading

Crime

Eight hunters killed in bandits’ attack in Niger

Published

on

Eight hunters killed in bandits’ attack in Niger

By: Zagazola Makama

At least eight hunters have been killed during an exchange of gunfire with armed bandits in Mariga Local Government Area of Niger.

It was gathered that the incident occurred when a large number of armed bandits invaded Hunyo/Sabon Wuri village in Dusai Mahoro District of Mariga and rustled an unspecified number of cattle.

Sources said the bandits, while attempting to escape with the stolen cattle, were intercepted by the hunters between Kakihum and Kumbashi villages.

“In the ensuing exchange of fire, eight of the hunters lost their lives. Their names and addresses are yet to be ascertained.

“Police Mobile Force operatives deployed in Bangi, the divisional patrol team, and local vigilantes led by the Divisional Police Officer moved swiftly to the scene. The corpses have since been evacuated to General Hospital, Bangi, for autopsy,” said the sources.

Eight hunters killed in bandits’ attack in Niger

Continue Reading

Crime

Soldier shot dead by police inspector in Bauchi over illegal mining truck

Published

on

Soldier shot dead by police inspector in Bauchi over illegal mining truck

By: Zagazola Makama

A soldier of the Nigerian Army has been shot dead by a mobile police inspector while intercepting a truck suspected to be conveying solid minerals from an illegal mining site in Futuk, Alkaleri Local Government Area of Bauchi State.

Zagazola Makama learnt that the incident occurred on Aug. 25 at about 7:50 p.m. when troops of 33 Artillery Brigade, Bauchi, stopped a truck with registration number Gombe 676 BLG at a checkpoint in Futuk village.

The truck driver was said to have refused to halt at the checkpoint, forcing the Guard Commander, Master Warrant Officer (MWO) Ali Haruna, to pursue the vehicle with his men on motorbikes until they intercepted it.

However, on halting the truck, a mobile police officer identified as Inspector Yusuf Ibrahim allegedly disembarked and opened fire on the Guard Commander, hitting him in the stomach.

The soldiers immediately overpowered the policeman and disarmed him, while the injured officer was rushed to the Gombe Specialist Hospital for urgent medical treatment. He later died from the gunshot wound.

Sources further disclosed that the truck driver escaped from the scene in the chaos that followed the shooting.

Preliminary findings revealed that the truck was conveying solid minerals suspected to have been extracted illegally from Yalo community, also in Alkaleri LGA. The police inspector was believed to have been on illegal escort duty for the truck.

“The reasons behind the refusal of the vehicle to stop at the checkpoint, the decision of a trained police officer to open fire on soldiers after interception, and the escape of the driver remain highly suspicious. Investigations are ongoing to unravel the circumstances behind the incident,” the sources stated.

The sources added that the involvement of security personnel in illegal mining operations remained a disturbing trend, stressing that the incident spotlight the need for urgent and independent investigations to address compromises within the security system.

Meanwhile, the Bauchi State Commissioner of Police has interfaced with the Commander, 33 Artillery Brigade, Brig.-Gen. U.J. Simon, to calm tensions and ensure proper handling of the case.

Zagazola learnt that the remains of the slain officer have been deposited at the hospital morgue while arrangements are ongoing for his burial in line with military tradition.

The suspect, Inspector Ibrahim, is currently in army custody, while the intercepted truck has been impounded for further investigation.

Soldier shot dead by police inspector in Bauchi over illegal mining truck

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights