News
Investor Roadshow to Hold in Nigeria to Attract US Investment to Nigeria
Investor Roadshow to Hold in Nigeria to Attract US Investment to Nigeria
By: Michael Mike
The United States government, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Nigeria and U.S. government Prosper Africa and Power Africa initiatives, are hosting an investor roadshow from October 9-13 to expose U.S. investors to investment opportunities and the investment ecosystem in Nigeria.
A statement on Friday by the United States Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria, Public Affairs Section said twelve executives from leading U.S. pension funds and financial service providers, managing over $1 trillion in assets, are meeting with Nigerian companies and fund managers during the investor trip.
The roadshow is expected to raise awareness around investment opportunities in the country, particularly in infrastructure, and to build relationships among U.S. and African investors and fund managers.
The statement read that: “With a strategic geographic location, a diverse population, and a commitment to economic transformation, Nigeria presents a compelling investment destination. Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, with a gross domestic product (GDP) of USD $477 billion as of 2022, and a diverse range of industries, including oil and gas, agriculture, and telecommunications. A research report published by Goldman Sachs highlighted that Nigeria has the potential to be one of the top five global economies by 2075.
“The roadshow comes at an opportune time, given the significant reforms instituted by the Nigerian government under a new Administration. A key objective of the trip is to break down information gaps on the country’s business environment and real and perceived risks, so that investors can accurately assess business and project opportunities.”
The U.S. Consul General to Lagos, Will Stevens noted that: “Beyond advancing specific investment opportunities, this trip is about building enduring trade and investment relationships between America and our Nigerian partners. I would like to thank the U.S. Agency for International Development for supporting this inaugural delegation of U.S. investors, in partnership with Chapel Hill Denham and International Investor Network.”
According to the statement, throughout the week, the investors are scheduled to participate in site visits, events, and investor pitch sessions in Abuja and Lagos, Africa’s commercial capital and the sub-Saharan Africa region’s fourth largest economy. They will also engage with U.S. Government representatives to understand U.S. trade and investment priorities in the region and learn more about U.S. Government resources available to support investors.
This roadshow advances USAID’s efforts to mobilize greater private sector investment into infrastructure projects in priority sectors including agriculture; water, sanitation, and hygiene; and renewable energy. In addition, it advances Prosper Africa’s mandate as a presidential initiative to transform the economic relationship between Africa and the United States and drive large scale investment to the continent.
The visit follows the “Investing in Development” conference, held earlier this year in Nigeria, which highlighted that greater private sector investment in infrastructure is a key pathway to achieving Nigeria’s development objectives. The trip is part of a series of U.S. institutional investor trips to Africa in 2023, organized under the Prosper Africa initiative, to South Africa, Morocco, Egypt, and Botswana.
Investor Roadshow to Hold in Nigeria to Attract US Investment to Nigeria
News
Police recover 15 rustled cows in Zamfara
Police recover 15 rustled cows in Zamfara
By: Zagazola Makama
The Police Command in Zamfara says its operatives have recovered 15 cows rustled by armed bandits during an attack on Gidan Kwagiri village in Damba District of Gusau Local Government Area.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 15 when the bandits invaded the community and carted away cows and sheep belonging to residents.
According to the sources, upon receiving the report, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Damba Division mobilised personnel alongside patrol teams from the Department of Operations to pursue the attackers.
The team was said to have successfully recovered 15 cows, which were subsequently handed over to their owners.
Efforts, however, are ongoing to track down the suspects and recover the remaining rustled animals, while security patrols have been intensified in the area to forestall further attacks.
Police recover 15 rustled cows in Zamfara
News
Operation Whirl Stroke arrests cow rustling suspects fuelling violence in Benue
Operation Whirl Stroke arrests cow rustling suspects fuelling violence in Benue
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the Joint Task Force (JTF) Operation WHIRL STROKE have arrested suspects linked to cattle rustling in Benue State, following two separate security incidents in Guma Local Government Area.

Security sources said that on Feb. 15, troops responded to an attack on herders at Amua Village, located between Daudu and Umenger/Ukpiam. The attack left one herder dead, while another sustained gunshot wounds and was evacuated to Keana in neighbouring Nasarawa State for urgent medical attention. The remains of the deceased were handed over to community representatives for burial according to local customs.

In a related operation on the same day, troops stationed at Ukpiam acted on intelligence provided by vigilant youths concerning suspected cattle rustling. The troops arrested a 23-year-old suspect, Terngu Aondohemba, who reportedly confessed to killing two cattle belonging to Fulani herders. He also implicated two accomplices, Akpehe and Ashinge, who are still at large.
Further investigation led security operatives to Korje Village in Daudu, where Mrs. Mercy Onban, wife of the alleged buyer of the stolen meat, was apprehended along with the recovered meat exhibits. Both suspects remain in custody pending further investigation.

The Force Commander of the Joint Task Force, Major General Moses Gara, condemned the attacks and criminality, affirming the commitment of Operation WHIRL STROKE to halting killings and cattle rustling in the Joint Operations Area.
He urged community leaders to strengthen collaboration with security agencies, stressing that timely intelligence sharing is critical to restoring lasting peace. Major General Gara also reassured law-abiding residents of the strong resolve of the Joint Task Force to protect lives and property across the region.
Operation Whirl Stroke arrests cow rustling suspects fuelling violence in Benue
News
Federal Government arraigns Nasir El-Rufai over alleged phone interception
Federal Government arraigns Nasir El-Rufai over alleged phone interception
By: Zagazola Makama
The Federal Government has charged former Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, before the Federal High Court, Abuja, over alleged unlawful interception of phone communications belonging to the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.
Court documents showed that El-Rufai, 65, appeared as a guest on Arise TV’s Prime Time Programme on Feb. 13, 2026, where he reportedly admitted to involvement in the interception and to knowing individuals who carried out the act without reporting them to security agencies.

The charges, filed under TABU DET CR/99/2026, include: Count One, Allegedly admitting during the television interview that he and his associates unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the National Security Adviser, contrary to Section 12 (1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
Count Two, Allegedly stating that he knew individuals who unlawfully intercepted the same communications but failed to report them, in violation of Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024. Count Three, Allegedly using technical systems to compromise public safety and national security, and instilling apprehension among Nigerians, in breach of Section 131(2) of the Nigerian Communications Act, 2003.
The case, filed by a team of Federal Government lawyers led by ME Ernest, OM Owan, UM Bulla, CS Eze, and VE G. Orubor, is set to proceed with investigations and trial proceedings.

Authorities said the matter falls under the jurisdiction of the Abuja Judicial Division of the Federal High Court, where the accused will be required to respond to the charges.
The trial is expected to attract significant public attention given the high-profile nature of the accused and the sensitive security issues involved.
Federal Government arraigns Nasir El-Rufai over alleged phone interception
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
