News
Last Baptist School Student escapes from captivity in Bandits den

Last Baptist School Student escapes from captivity in Bandits den
By: Bodunrin Kayode
Treasure Ayuba who was the only student left in the bush with his captors has finally escaped from captivity.
To watchers of the lingering drama from 2021 till yesterday 2nd November 2023 master Ayuba was the last man standing in the Baptist abduction saga of 2021 as all the others had been released in one way or the other and had forgotten the trauma attached.
Kaduna sources told this reporter that “Treasure actually escaped today Friday and was seen wondering in the bush during the wee hours of the morning by some hunters who realized who he was after introducing himself and guided him to the main road to get transportation home.
” On reaching the main road, they stopped one of the vehicles passing down to Kaduna city who gladly carried him and dropped him at a point he could recognize his parents area where home is in Kaduna.
“He dropped and meandered through the narrow streets straight of the area we don’t want to mention to the arms of his waiting mother who was sitting down into the wee hours of the night wondering when his son captured since 2021 will be released into her hands.” said our source.
Baptist sources revealed further that the entire neighborhood has been awakened with the joy of the arrival of the young man who had spent two of his secondary school years with brigands in the savanna forest.
In a short message by the President of the Baptist conference to Christians, Dr Akanji, said “Glory be to God! Glory be to God!! Glory be to God!!! Treasure Ayuba, the last boy who was still with the bandits who kidnapped the 121 students of Bethel Baptist High School, Kaduna, on July 5, 2021, has just returned home today, November 2, 2023.
Treasure is seen in the company of the Christian Association of Nigerian (CAN) Chairman, Kaduna State, Rev John Hayab and the Conference President of Kaduna Baptist Conference.
” Thanks be to our unfailing God. Thank you also very much for your prayers and numerous support!” said Dr Isreal Akanji.
Meanwhile the Kaduna State government is yet to release any statement on the matter even as treasure recuperates from the long term trauma with rampaging bandits of the savanna.
Last Baptist School Student escapes from captivity in Bandits den
News
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic incident occurred on April 3, 2025, during a joint security operation in Girei Local Government Area (LGA) of Adamawa State.
The operation, which involved personnel from the Police, Military, Department of State Security Services (DSS), and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), aimed to raid criminal hideouts in the area.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that during the operation, one of the security personnel accidentally discharged their firearm, striking 21-year-old Bara Adamu of Wuro Bulama, Girei LGA.
The victim was immediately rushed to Specialist Hospital for medical attention but was sadly confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
Crime
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
By: Zagazola Makama
On April 3, 2025, at approximately 1130 hours, a group of armed bandits riding motorcycles, opened fire on a commercial vehicle traveling from Kebbi to Sokoto.
The attack resulted in the death of one Dan Gande Usman, who was shot in the head. The victim succumbed to his injuries while being transported to the hospital.
In response to the attack, troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were deployed to the area to ensure sanity.
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
Crime
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
By: Zagazola Makama
A deadly bandit attack on Rijiya Village in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State has left eight people dead and a primary school set on fire.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at approximately 1600 hours, on April 3, a group of armed bandits, heavily armed with AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons, invaded the village.
The assailants opened fire indiscriminately, resulting in the deaths of two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CPG) and six civilians.
In addition to the loss of lives, the bandits set fire to a primary school that was being occupied by the CPG members.
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident