News
Legacy Support Group Defends Tinubu’s Reforms, Faults Opposition Over “Misinformation”
Legacy Support Group Defends Tinubu’s Reforms, Faults Opposition Over “Misinformation”
By: Michael Mike
A pro-government group, the Legacy Support Group for President Bola Tinubu, has pushed back against criticisms of the Federal Government’s policies, accusing opposition figures and “disgruntled political actors” of spreading misinformation to undermine the administration’s reform agenda.
Speaking at the inauguration of the group in Abuja at the weekend, its National Coordinator, Ezinna Chima Duru, said the attacks on President Tinubu were not based on constructive criticism but on “campaigns of calumny” driven by political frustration and personal interests.

Duru said while democratic governance allows for criticism, such engagements must be grounded in facts and aimed at strengthening the system, not destabilising it. He described recent narratives around fuel subsidy removal, economic hardship and insecurity as “deliberately exaggerated” to mislead the public.
Addressing the removal of fuel subsidy, the group argued that the policy was necessary to end what it described as years of large-scale corruption in the petroleum sector. According to Duru, previous administrations failed to dismantle subsidy-related cartels due to their influence, leaving the economy burdened by debt and fiscal pressure.
He said President Tinubu took a “difficult but courageous” decision to eliminate the subsidy, adding that the administration was conscious of the short-term impact on citizens and therefore introduced measures to cushion the effects. Among these, he highlighted the adoption of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) for transportation as a strategy to reduce fuel costs and support cleaner energy use.
The group also claimed that increased revenue from subsidy savings has improved allocations to states and local governments, enabling them to fund infrastructure projects, pay salaries and support local councils more effectively.
On security, the Legacy Support Group said the current administration inherited complex challenges linked to cross-border terrorism and insurgency, stressing that recent strategic adjustments within the security architecture were beginning to yield positive results.
Commenting on the economy, the group credited the Tinubu administration with assembling what it described as a competent economic team, asserting that economic indicators were showing signs of recovery. It also cited reductions in food prices and improvements in power generation capacity as evidence of progress under the Renewed Hope agenda.
The group further praised government initiatives in youth empowerment and education, including student loan schemes and programmes aimed at supporting National Youth Service Corps members and young entrepreneurs.
In its resolution, the Legacy Support Group urged Nigerians across ethnic, religious and political lines to support the Tinubu administration, saying continuity beyond 2027 would help consolidate ongoing reforms.
“The achievements recorded so far show a clear commitment to national development,” Duru said. “We call on Nigerians to remain united and support policies that secure a better future for the country.”
The group reaffirmed its support for President Tinubu’s leadership and the Renewed Hope vision for Nigeria’s long-term growth.
Legacy Support Group Defends Tinubu’s Reforms, Faults Opposition Over “Misinformation”
News
Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road
Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road
By: Zagazola Makama
A senior police officer has died while 17 other passengers sustained injuries following a road accident along the Potiskum–Bauchi highway in Yobe State.
Sources said the crash occurred at about 3:15 p.m. on Feb. 21 near the bye-pass roundabout area of PKM on the outskirts of Potiskum.
The vehicle, a Toyota Hummer Bus belonging to Borno Express and conveying 18 passengers from Kaduna to Maiduguri, reportedly lost control after the rear tyre rim on the passenger side suddenly detached.
According to the sources , the driver veered off the road into a bush, resulting in fatal and multiple injuries.
One of the passengers, ACP Abubakar Ibrahim Balteh, 45, attached to the Borno State Police Command, sustained a severe head injury and died on the spot.
Two male and two female passengers escaped unhurt, while 13 others suffered serious injuries of varying degrees.
The injured victims and the deceased were evacuated to the General Hospital Potiskum for treatment and autopsy.
Police officer dies, 17 injured in auto crash along Potiskum–Bauchi road
News
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA have neutralised several of suspected Lakurawa terrorist elements following a failed attack on Dadinkowa community in Kebbi State.
Local intelligence sources said the armed group attempted to raid a local market in the early hours of Sunday and blocked a major access road into the community to facilitate the operation.
The sources disclosed that security forces responded swiftly after receiving distress alerts and engaged the attackers in a fierce gun battle, forcing them to retreat.
According to the sources, several of the assailants were neutralised during the encounter, while others escaped with suspected gunshot wounds.
The attempted market raid was successfully foiled, preventing potential civilian casualties and destruction of property.
Troops have since intensified patrols and clearance operations around Dadinkowa and adjoining areas to track fleeing elements and stabilise the security environment.
Troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA humiliate Lakurawa terrorists
News
One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra
One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra
By: Zagazola Makama
A 15-year-old boy was killed while security operatives repelled an attack by suspected members of the proscribed IPOB/ESN militia at Ogbakoba Market Arena in Anambra State.
Sources said the incident occurred on Feb. 21 at about 1:40 p.m., when a group of armed hoodlums emerged from a dense forest camp at Amiyi and opened sporadic fire at market-goers, apparently attempting to kidnap or rob residents.

A joint task force patrol team stationed at Amiyi responded swiftly, engaging the attackers in a fierce gun duel that forced them to retreat into the forest with bullet wounds. The injured boy was rushed to the village hospital but was confirmed dead on arrival. His body was deposited in the morgue for autopsy and preservation.
The sources added that later the same day at about 8:30 p.m., the armed group resurfaced near the community, snatching a shuttle bus with registration number HAL 987 XA and a GSM phone belonging to one Mr. Kinsley Iwunze of Okpotuno Odekpe, Ogbaru LGA.
Security operatives immediately dispatched teams to the scene, but the hoodlums had fled. Authorities said an aggressive manhunt was ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.
One killed as suspected IPOB/ESN militants attack Ogbakoba Market in Anambra
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
