News
Mobilization for for peaceful Protests Regarding Nigerian Army University Biu
Mobilization for for peaceful Protests Regarding Nigerian Army University Biu
Dear Resilient Community of Southern Borno,
I trust this message finds you with unwavering determination and resilience amidst the challenges that confront us. Today, I write to you with a sense of urgency and purpose, regarding the pressing situation surrounding the Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB).
As we witness the unfolding events and discussions concerning NAUB, it becomes increasingly evident that our collective voices must be heard, and our actions must be swift and decisive. The issues at hand demand our immediate attention and concerted efforts to address them head-on.
In the face of adversity, it is imperative that we stand together as one community, united in our resolve to uphold the values and principles that define us. Distinguished Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume, Hon. Aliyu Muktari Betara, Hon. Alh. Ahmed Babawo Jaha and Hon. Dr. midala Usman Balami. There have been actively engaged in dialogue to navigate through these turbulent times, but we cannot do it alone.
I urge each and every one of you to join us in mobilizing for peaceful protests and campaigns aimed at shedding light on the current situation facing the Nigerian Army University Biu. Your participation is not only encouraged but absolutely essential in advocating for transparency, accountability, and the best interests of our community.
Let us harness the strength of our unity and the power of our collective voice to demand answers, seek solutions, and effect positive change. Together, we can make a meaningful impact and ensure that our concerns do not go unnoticed or unaddressed.
I invite you to lend your voice, your presence, and your unwavering commitment to the cause by actively participating in the mobilization efforts that are underway. Your involvement will be instrumental in amplifying our message and compelling those in positions of authority to listen and take action.
Now is the time to rise up, to stand in solidarity, and to demonstrate our unwavering resolve in the face of adversity. Let us seize this moment to make our voices heard and to shape the future of the Nigerian Army University Biu and our beloved Southern Borno.
For further details on how you can get involved or to share your ideas and suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.
Thank you for your steadfast commitment and unwavering dedication to our community. Together, let us march forward with courage, determination, and hope.
Warm regards,
Southern Borno Progressive union
Mobilization for for peaceful Protests Regarding Nigerian Army University Biu
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
News
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
By: Zagazola Makama
A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.
The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.
Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.
The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.
Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.
The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.
Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
