News
NAOWA President, Mrs Yahaya Commissions 2- classroom blocks, Secretariat in 7 Div, Maiduguri

NAOWA President, Mrs Yahaya Commissions 2- classroom blocks, Secretariat in 7 Div, Maiduguri
…….. Commend Troops for degrading terrorists in North East
By Our Reporter
The National President of the Nigerian Army Officers’ Wives Association (NAOWA), Mrs. Salamatu Yahaya has commissioned a primary school and secretariat complexes at the 7 Division, Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri, in Borno state.
The completion of projects, was to provide working and teaching environments to women and teachers at the military cantonment.
This is even as she applauded Government and gallant efforts put in by military troops, other security agencies as well as stakeholders that led to the degrading of remnants of terrorists, which according to her, has brought about gradual peace currently witnessed in the North East.
According to her, the completion of the projects has mainstreamed NAOWA’s agenda in strengthening the standards of its schools and other facilities across the country.

Besides, she added that members of NAOWA have already keyed into upholding the tenets of unity and service to humanity.
“The actualization of these projects is a testimony of the importance that NAOWA ensures high quality of education by providing a conducive and befitting teaching and learning environments,” she said.
She also commended the past and present Chairpersons of NAOWA, 7 Division, Nigerian Army for completing the two projects for inauguration.
She, therefore, called on officers’ and soldiers’ wives and their husbands to invest in education of their children by providing them with qualitative and functional education.
The education investments, according to her, be sustained and consolidated to serve humanity and the less privileged in society.
Besides the commissioning of projects, Salamatu in collaboration with the Chairperson NAOWA 7 Division, Mrs. Safiya Shaibu also engaged and presented 20 women who were trained and empowered in skills acquisitions and trades with each of them given a Certificate, starter packs and a token.
The training of women was funded by the Theatre Commander, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), Maj-Gen. Christopher Musa with the distribution of starter-packs for baking, pastry, make-ups and veil-making.
The engagement and empowerment of the targeted women, are to restore their livelihoods in the barracks.
In his own contribution, the Force Commander, Operation Lake Sanity, Major General Ibrahim Khalifa announced the sponsorship of additional 20 women to undergo such empowerment training programme, after which, they would be given starter packs.
Earlier in her welcome address, Mrs. Shaibu thanked the NAOWA President for initiating numerous people oriented projects in the 7 Division, adding that the newly commissioned Secretariat Complex and the classroom blocks with interior furnishing, fenced with Gate and landscaping will give teachers, pupils and guardians conducive atmosphere for learning and other official engagements.
The occasion was well attended by the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Major General Waidi Shaibu and top military brass including their wives.
NEWSng also gathered that Mrs. Yahaya took time and visit wounded troops who are receiving medical attention at the 7 Div Hospital, even as she prayed God to grant the injured ones quick recovery.
News
Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri
By: Zagazola Makama
An 18-year-old youth, identified as Bakura Muhammed, was fatally stabbed on April 4, 2025, during a violent clash between rival youth groups in Maiduguri.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation occurred at about 4:30 PM in the Ajari and Tashan Lara areas, where youths from both sides engaged in a free-for-all fight.
The victim was fatally stabbed on the stomach. He was immediately transported to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, by the security personnel from Maiduguri Borno police command, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel.
A police sources said that seven individuals, aged between 15 and 24, have been arrested in connection with the incident. They include Ba’abba Kyari (20), Ali Alhaji GoniAli (20), Muhammed Audu (18), Ali Isa (15), Adam Sabir (15), Mohammed Tujja (17), and Usman Kasim (24).
Authorities are still searching for other members of the gang who fled the scene.
The victim’s body has been deposited at the hospital morgue for autopsy and was later released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.
Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri
News
Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion occurred in Meleri Village, Damboa Local Government Area, on April 4, 2025, leaving one person injured.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that one Alhaji Sanda, a resident of Hansari IDP Camp, and Bulama Zarayye, aged 40, were collecting baobab tree seeds when Zarayye accidentally stepped on an IED.
The device, believed to have been planted by ISWAP, exploded, causing injuries to Zarayye’s buttock, right hand, and lap.
A combined security team, including the Military and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (EOD-CBRN) unit, was promptly dispatched to the scene.
The area was cordoned off, and a search for additional explosive devices was conducted, but no further devices were found.
Zarayye was taken to the General Hospital in Damboa, where he is currently receiving treatment and is reported to be in stable condition.
Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno
News
Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic incident has been reported in Tudun Nupawa, Kaduna, following the death of 21-year-old Abba Bello.
It was gathered that on April 2, 2025, Bello was arrested by a security guard at Old Panteka on suspicion of theft.
Abdullahi Usman, a suspected commander of the group, allegedly supervised the torture of Bello, leaving him unconscious.
Bello was initially taken to Yusuf Dantsoho Memorial Hospital for treatment but was later transferred to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital. Despite receiving medical care, he succumbed to his injuries on April 4, 2025, around 5:00 AM.
The deceased’s family has declined a post-mortem examination, and his body was released for burial as per their request.
Efforts to apprehend the suspects are ongoing.
Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident