Connect with us

Crime

NAPTIP Arrests Two Suspected Masterminds of Cote D’voire Human Trafficking Syndicate, Rescues Two Victims

Published

on

NAPTIP Arrests Two Suspected Masterminds of Cote D’voire Human Trafficking Syndicate, Rescues Two Victims

By: Michael Mike

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), has commenced a major onslaught against organized human traffcking criminal gang in the country as its operatives have arrested two Abuja based high profile figures suspected to be the arrowhead of a trans border human trafficking syndicate operating within the West African and Gulf of Guninea regions.

According to a press statement signed by the agency press officer, Vincent Adekoye on Thursday, the suspects Emmanuel Igwe (32 years old) and Ugochukwu Christian (30 Years old) were mentioned by some of the human trafficking victims who are presently stranded in Côte d’ d’Ivoire during their conversation with the popular human rights activist and social media influencer, Martins Vincent Otse, also known as the VeryDarkMan (VDM), thereby prompting his intervention and subsequent visit to the Headquarters of NAPTIP, Abuja.

Adekoye said the suspects were arrested inside their sprawling mansion, which is located in one of the popular estates in the Lugbe Area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, adding that the tastefully furnished mansion equiped with various devices also serves as the Command Base and Residence for the gang.

He said during the operation led by the head of operations of the agency, which lasted several hours due to the high-tech facilities of the smart house that hinder free access, two suspected victims of human trafficking were also rescued.

He said preliminary investigation revealed that the victims were recruited by the suspects, subjected to an oath of secrecy already, and were undergoing marathonic sexual orientation from the suspects as they were stalked naked and in sexual romp when operatives burst into their rooms

Speaking with the operatives after the rescue, one of the victims (name withheld) disclosed that they were recruited from one of the Eastern States and were promised a highly paid job in a flourishing mall in Ivory Coast.

The victim recalled: “They told me that the Mall will be paying me in foreign currencies and that I will pay them back a total of 2.2 Million Cfas. They already took us to take an oath in one of the shrines located outside Abuja. I did not know, and I cannot recollect the location of the place. But, I know that we travelled for about three hours away from Gwagwalada to the Shrine.”

Adekoye said the arrest of the suspects followed an escalation of conversation and report from the NAPTIP Social Media platforms and subsequent credible intelligence shared by one of the partnering sister security agencies, indicating the location of the suspects.

It would be recalled that VDM had last week, Thursday, visited the Headquarters of NAPTIP to express his concern over the plight of some victims of human trafficking in Côte D’ d’Ivoire and promised to join hands with the Agency to rescue them and also create the desired awareness on the dangers of human trafficking. He also uploaded additional information through a video post on his handles on the profile of the traffickers.

In reaction to the viral video that exposed their activities, the suspects had called their victims and threatened to unleash terror on them if they reneged on their promise to engage in prostitution and pay them the agreed sum of 2.2 million cefas.

Speaking on the arrest, the Director General of NAPTIP, Binta Adamu Bello, said the agency is poised to dismantle all human trafficking syndicates that are recruiting, trafficking, and subjecting Nigerians to various forms of exploitation anywhere around the world.

She said: “The arrest of the two suspects is a component of our well-planned onslaught against human traffickers in the country. They are members of the trans border criminal gangs operating within the West African Region, and it is good that we can lay our hands on them.

“I recalled that during the visit of VDM to the agency last week, we assured him that NAPTIP shall do the needful. We stand by our words, and in line with our mandates, we shall make it difficult for them to operate in Nigeria.

“We have also activated the necessary apparatus and initiated discussions with Partners State and Non-State Actors within the neighbouring countries and specifically in Côte D’ d’Ivoire, towards rescuing the victims stranded there.

“I sincerely thank all our Partners and stakeholders with specific reference to the VDM, for their support to the agency. He visited the agency last week, and from the discussion with him, he has a deep passion for the country. He has also demonstrated this with his support towards the evacuation of the victims.

“I wish to state that the game is over for human traffickers in Nigeria as NAPTIP is ready to choke them unless they desist from recruiting and trafficking of our citizens.”

The Director General added that full investigation on the matter has commenced and the suspects and any other persons connected to the case shall be prosecuted if found cupable at the end.

NAPTIP Arrests Two Suspected Masterminds of Cote D’voire Human Trafficking Syndicate, Rescues Two Victims

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Army Arrests Boko Haram Drone Supplier, Neutralises Top Commander in Madagali, Adamawa

Published

on

Army Arrests Boko Haram Drone Supplier, Neutralises Top Commander in Madagali, Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation HADIN KAI in coordination with local vigilantes and hunters, have neutralised a top Boko Haram commander and arrested a suspected drone and logistics supplier in separate operations in Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

Sources said that at about 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, troops engaged suspected Boko Haram fighters at an ambush along the Visik River line, resulting in the neutralisation of one terrorist identified as Abdullahi Mafa, a former hybrid commander in Madagali.

In a subsequent raid at Madagali Motor Park around 6:30 p.m., the troops arrested 64-year-old Dauda Usman Gubula, a suspected Boko Haram collaborator and drone supplier. Items recovered from the suspect included two aerial drones and 20 solar power banks, officials added.

The suspect is currently in custody undergoing investigation, while troops continue to intensify operations aimed at dismantling Boko Haram networks and restoring security in the region.

Army Arrests Boko Haram Drone Supplier, Neutralises Top Commander in Madagali, Adamawa

Continue Reading

Crime

Police repel bandit attack, recover 82 cows and 21 sheep in Katsina

Published

on

Police repel bandit attack, recover 82 cows and 21 sheep in Katsina

By: Zagazola Makama

The Police Command in Katsina State has successfully repelled a banditry attack in Musawa Local Government Area, recovering stolen livestock.

Sources said at about 4:50 a.m. on Feb. 18 reporting that unidentified armed men had entered Gin-Gin village and rustled livestock.

According to the sources, the DPO coordinated with neighbouring divisions to block possible exit routes between Tuge and Tudu villages in Kankara.

Patrol teams intercepted the suspects and engaged them in a sustained gunfight, forcing the bandits to abandon the stolen animals.

Police said 82 cows and 21 sheep were recovered, while efforts continued to apprehend the fleeing suspects. Further developments would be communicated as the investigation progresses.

Police repel bandit attack, recover 82 cows and 21 sheep in Katsina

Continue Reading

Crime

Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site

Published

on

Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site

By: Zagazola Makama

A tragic accident at a mining site in Zurak, Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State, has left 37 miners dead and 25 others hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide gas while working deep underground.

Zagazola Makama learnt from sources that the incident occurred at the Solid Mining Company early on Feb. 18.

The sources said the victims, mostly young men aged between 20 and 35 years, were conducting routine mining operations when they inhaled toxic gas that had accumulated in the poorly ventilated tunnels.

Eyewitnesses described the scene as chaotic, with miners collapsing inside the tunnels and colleagues rushing to evacuate survivors.

Rescue teams, alongside mining site personnel, quickly cordoned off the affected area and transported 25 victims to a nearby primary health centre, where they are receiving treatment. Some of the injured are reported to be in critical condition.

Police sources confirmed that the mining site has been fully secured to prevent further exposure and to allow investigators to determine the exact circumstances that led to the gas leak. “The site is under strict control, and emergency protocols are being followed to manage the situation,” one source said.

The tragedy has draw attention to the longstanding safety challenges in the underground mining industry, particularly the risk of gas exposure in deep tunnels.

Experts note that proper ventilation, gas monitoring systems, and emergency preparedness are critical to preventing such disasters.

Authorities have pledged a thorough investigation, including assessing whether the mining company complied with existing safety standards and determining accountability. Further updates, including confirmed identities of victims and official responses from regulators, are expected.

Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights