News
Nasco let off the hook of EFCC after 7 years
Nasco let off the hook of EFCC after 7 years
By: Our reporter
After Seven years of Legal fire works between the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC), and Umar Nasko, the former Commissioner of Environment under Dr. Babangida Aliyu, the Minna High court has discharged him.
Nasko a two time governorship candidate of People Democratic party (PDP) in Niger State was accused of misappropriation of funds totally over a billion naira.
His discharge was sequel to the application filed by the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Niger State Nasir Mua’azu to discontinue with the case as brought against Umar Nasko by the EFCC in 2017.
The development for his discharge came few hours after the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Niger State Nasir Mua’azu took over the Prosecution of the case from the Economic and Financial Commission (EFCC) last week.
The former Governor of Niger State Dr. Babangida Aliyu and the State People Democratic party (PDP) Chairman Tanko Beji were equally discharged in December, by Justice Mikailu Abdullahi of High court number two.
They were both dragged to the court by the Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC)
Some times in 2017, for alleged criminal breach of trust Conspiracy, and conversion of N3 billion belonging to Niger state to their personal coffers.
Dr. Mua’azu Babangida Aliyu, along with his Commissioner for Environment Umar Nasko and the Niger State Chairman of the People Democratic party (PDP) in Niger State Barrister Tanko Beji, were in 2017 arraigned before the then chief Judge of Niger State Justice Mohammed Aliyu Mayaki for misappropriation of public funds.
Before his discharge, Umar Nasko was the only respondent remaining in the case and he was to enter his Defence on Monday the 15th of January 2024.
However the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Niger State Nasir Mua’azu applied to take over the Prosecution of the case from the EFCC, on the ground that the case has suffered several adjustments within the past seven years without any visible headway from the EFCC.
His application was contained in the motion on notice filed before the court dated 8th January 2024 and filed 10th January 2024.
The Prosecuting Counsel to EFCC Farouk Abdullahi objected to the application and requested time to address the court on the application.
The counsel to the respondent Mike Osman (SAN), objected to the submission of the prosecuting counsel and the Attorney General citing the provision of Section 211 (1b) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
The EFCC counsel after a short interlude withdrew his objection and submitted that he had no option than doing so adding that whatever happens the course of ensuring Justice is done in accordance with the. criminal justice system.
A few hours after the court resumed, the Attorney General applied to discontinued the case which was granted by the court.
Nasco let off the hook of efcc after 7 years
News
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
By: Zagazola Makama
Less than 24 hours after three Fulani youths were reportedly killed in an attack in Plateau state, another youth has allegedly been killed and one abducted in targeted attack in Riyom LGA by Birom Militia.
Security and local informants told Zagazola Makama that the latest incident occurred on Feb. 21 in Jol community, where suspected Birom militia members attacked herders, killing one Muhammed Sani, while another victim, identified as Faruq Jamilu, was abducted. An unspecified number of cattle were also reportedly killed or injured during the assault.

The development came barely a day after three youths Tahiru Muhammad, Jibrin Salisu and Abdulmumin Isyak were said to have been ambushed and killed on Feb. 19 while returning from Dorowan Babuje in Barkin Ladi area.
Zagazola report that the earlier attack occurred at about 7:00 p.m. near Jong Fulani community. Sources alleged that the victims were intercepted by armed Birom Militia assailants, and security personnel later recovered spent cartridges and a motorcycle and a bottle of alcohol otherwise known as Goskolo at the scene.
Community representatives alleged that the succession of incidents reflected sustained pattern of attacks targeting pastoral settlements and livestock in parts of the state in recent months.
Zagazola report that repeated cases of attacks and killing, cattle poisoning, rustling and arson had heightened tensions and triggered fears of reprisals across the affected areas while the state government and concerned authorities have done little or nothing to fish out the perpetrators.
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
News
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
By: Zagazola Makama
A retired Commissioner of Police, CP David Danjuma Auta (Rtd), JP, KSM, KSS, has died.
He passed away on Feb. 19, 2026, at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, after a brief illness.
Born on June 11, 1941, CP Auta enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on Feb. 26, 1962, and served in several capacities, culminating as Commissioner of Police in Ogun State before retiring on Feb. 26, 1997.
He hailed from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.
He is survived by his wife and seven children. The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
News
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
By: Zagazola Makama
Five persons have been killed and a house razed following a late-night attack on Azoke village in Ado Local Government Area of Benue.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 19 when suspected assailants from Akparata community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi allegedly invaded the village.
The victims were identified as Nwefuru Elu, Nwefuru Agnes, Nwali Nworie Christianana, Obasi Nwode and Nwozo Nwode.
It was gathered that the attackers also set ablaze a house belonging to one Elumu Nwokwo during the assault, heightening tension in the area.
Security personnel who responded to a distress alert visited the scene and documented evidence as part of preliminary investigation.
Authorities said efforts were ongoing to apprehend those responsible, while further investigation had commenced to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Residents were urged to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as measures were being intensified to prevent escalation of violence in the area.
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
