Connect with us

Crime

NDLEA arrests wanted drug baroness, seals her mansion, drug bunks in Delta

Published

on

NDLEA arrests wanted drug baroness, seals her mansion, drug bunks in Delta

NDLEA arrests wanted drug baroness, seals her mansion, drug bunks in Delta

By: Michael Mike

 A 59-year old drug baroness, who has tentacles in Delta State and adjourning states has been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) when her palatial mansion where she cooks and distributes crack, cocaine, methamphetamine and other illicit substances was raided.

A statement on Tuesday by the NDLEA Spokesman, Femi Babafemi said the  backbone of a major cartel distributing drugs in Delta and adjourning states was broken last Sunday following the arrest of a wanted 59-year-old drug baroness, Bridget Oghenekevwe Emeka, a.k.a Mama, by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, at her palatial mansion where she cooks and distributes crack, cocaine, methamphetamine and other illicit substances.

Also Read: Boko Haram: Abubakar Sarki, others neutralized in battle…

He added that: “No fewer than nine of her staff and associates were arrested along with her in coordinated simultaneous operations at her expansive residence and drug bunks where she accommodates drug users and sells illicit substances to them and others in parts of Warri, Delta state.”

He said apart from various quantities of crack cocaine, methamphetamine, molly and loud seized from her home and drug bunks; a pump action gun, 15 cartridges, documents, two cars, mobile phones, drug paraphernalia such as sodium bicarbonate and polythene wrappings were also recovered for further investigation.

Babafemi also disclosed that while five of her staff that cook, cut, package and distribute the drugs were found in her house located at Favour Street, Otukutu, Effurun Warri, four of her associates were equally arrested at her drug bunks in other parts of the town during the raids by Strike Force officers of NDLEA supported by the military.

According to Babafemi, the drug baroness has been under surveillance for weeks after her identification as a major distributor of illicit drugs in the South South region was established. He said Mama as she is popularly called cooks cocaine into crack cocaine for local distribution and consumption in drug joints.

He said some of the paraphernalia for making crack that were recovered from her house include sodium bicarbonate, which is the main adulterant and recipe for making crack cocaine, as well as transparent nylon used in wrapping the finished product.

Meanwhile, the Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (Retd) has commended the officers and men involved in all the processes leading to the eventual execution of the operation plan. He also appreciated the armed forces for their unwavering support for the agency.

NDLEA arrests wanted drug baroness, seals her mansion, drug bunks in Delta

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Published

on

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

By: Zagazola Makama

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for dismantling a transborder drug trafficking syndicate involving Nigerian and Mexican nationals, describing the operation as a major breakthrough in the fight against organised crime.

The President gave the commendation in a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

According to the statement, the operation led to the arrest of foreign nationals, local drug kingpins, and other collaborators, as well as the seizure of chemicals and illicit drugs valued at over 360 million dollars.

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Mohammed Buba Marwa, had earlier announced the successful operation following weeks of intelligence gathering and coordinated efforts by NDLEA operatives in collaboration with international partners.

President Tinubu said the successful operation demonstrated exceptional professionalism, courage, and commitment by the anti-narcotics agency in safeguarding society from the dangers of illicit drugs.

He commended the bravery and resilience displayed by NDLEA operatives throughout the operation and urged the agency not to relent in confronting drug trafficking networks.

The President noted that West Africa had increasingly become a major transit hub for cocaine, synthetic drugs, and unregulated pharmaceuticals destined for Europe and North America.

He warned that beyond constituting a serious security threat, narcotics also posed grave dangers to the future of young people, many of whom had fallen victim to drug abuse and trafficking networks.

Tinubu called on Nigerians to support the anti-drug campaign by remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious activities within their communities to security agencies.

According to him, the success of the operation sends a strong message that security agencies will not tolerate organised crime and criminality in any part of the country.

He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that individuals and groups threatening public safety and national security face the full weight of the law.

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Published

on

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8 of Operation Safe Haven have foiled an attempted motorcycle snatching along Jwak village in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Jwak general area responded to a distress call over an attempt by suspected local criminals to dispossess a motorcyclist of his motorcycle along the highway.

The victim, identified as Shuaibu Ayuba, was reportedly attacked by the criminals before the arrival of the troops.

According to the sources, the swift intervention by the troops forced the attackers to abandon the operation and flee into nearby bushes.

The victim was rescued by the troops and immediately evacuated to the Medical Centre in Mangu for treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to deny criminal elements freedom of action.

Authorities reassured residents of continued security presence and urged members of the public to provide timely information to aid ongoing operations.

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

Published

on

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8, Operation Enduring Peace have recovered 39 cattle allegedly roaming about in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau, in suspected targeted attack on the owner.

Security sources disclosed that the incident occurred at about 4:30 p.m. on May 21 during a patrol by troops at Mwansat community.

The sources said the cattle were suspected to have been rustled, while the owner was feared to have been killed by cattle rustling networks in Mangu.

According to the sources, the troops moved the cattle to a safe location pending the identification of the owner and the affected farmer for amicable settlement.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and prevent escalation of tensions in the area.

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights