Uncategorized
NESREA Shuts Down 46 Facilities in 10 States for Environmental Violations
NESREA Shuts Down 46 Facilities in 10 States for Environmental Violations
By: Michael Mike
The National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) has sealed 46 Facilities in 10 states of the Federation for various forms of environmental violations.
The enforcement exercise was carried out in Borno, Gombe, Ogun, Enugu, Edo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Nasarawa and Taraba States.

According to a statement on Friday by the spokesperson of the agency, Amaka Ejiofor, the facilities were shut down for refusing to comply with the provisions of the National Environmental Regulations. Their offences include Violation of the Environmental Impact Assessment Act, lack of Environmental Audit Report, and failure to develop and implement an Environmental Management Plan.
Some facilities were also sanctioned for not installing an Effluent Treatment Plant, non-availability of the necessary permits relevant to their operations, and poor housekeeping, among others.
The Director General of NESREA, Dr. Innocent Barikor while expressing displeasure over the non-compliance status of many facilities, warned that the trend was unhealthy for the health of the citizens and the environment.

He said: “It is disheartening these errant facilities carried on their operations in a manner that endangered the environment despite Notices of Compliance Concerns served on them as required by law. The Agency would continue to enforce the provisions of the 35 National Environmental Regulations and would not fail at any time to impose appropriate penalties on violators.”
He added that: “Laws are made for the smooth running of the society and compliance with the laws enhances wholesome development. I encourage Nigerians to be true environmental vanguards by obeying the laws and reporting any environmental violations.”
NESREA Shuts Down 46 Facilities in 10 States for Environmental Violations
Uncategorized
Several ISIS Trainers from Iraq Among 175 Terrorists Killed in Joint Nigeria-US Airstrikes
Several ISIS Trainers from Iraq Among 175 Terrorists Killed in Joint Nigeria-US Airstrikes
By: Zagazola Makama
Several foreign ISIS trainers from Iraq were among 175 terrorists eliminated during ongoing joint counter-insurgency operations conducted in the joint United States Africa Command and Nigeria’s military airstrikes in North-East Nigeria.
Sources who disclosed this on Tuesday described the coordinated offensives as a major breakthrough against the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) and allied terrorist networks operating within the Lake Chad region.
According to the sources, the strikes, which commenced a few days ago, targeted terrorist camps, logistics hubs, weapons caches, checkpoints and financial networks used to sustain insurgent operations across parts of Borno and surrounding areas.
The authorities said intelligence assessments confirmed that several foreign ISIS operatives and trainers linked to Iraq-based extremist networks were neutralised alongside scores of local fighters during the precision strikes.
On ground assessment indicated that several foreign fighters also met their waterloo. The fighters were in charge of training and responsible for the ISWAP drone command.
Sources said that the foreign trainers were planing to leave within two days before the strikes that eliminated several of them.
Military had previously announced the killing of Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, aka Abbor Mainok described by the military as one of the most significant ISIS operatives globally and a key figure in the group’s international terror coordination structure.
The military said Al-Minuki played central roles in terrorist financing, recruitment, logistics coordination and attack planning linked to ISIS operations targeting Nigeria and other countries.
Other senior terrorist figures reportedly eliminated included Abd-al Wahhab, said to be responsible for coordinating attacks and propaganda activities for ISWAP, Abu Musa al-Mangawi, a senior operational commander, and Abu al-Muthanna al-Muhajir, identified as a senior media production manager and close associate of Al-Minuki.
Military authorities stated that the successful operations had significantly disrupted ISIS leadership structures, operational coordination and external attack capabilities within the region.
The Armed Forces of Nigeria further reiterated their commitment to sustaining joint operations with international partners to eliminate terrorist threats and restore lasting peace and stability in the North-East.
The military high command added that efforts to track and neutralise fleeing insurgents and dismantle remaining terrorist enclaves were ongoing.
Several ISIS Trainers from Iraq Among 175 Terrorists Killed in Joint Nigeria-US Airstrikes
Uncategorized
TROOPS OF 4 BRIGADE BUST KIDNAPPERS’ HIDEOUTS, ARREST 12 SUSPECTS IN OWAN EAST AND ESAN SOUTH-EAST LGAs OF EDO STATE
TROOPS OF 4 BRIGADE BUST KIDNAPPERS’ HIDEOUTS, ARREST 12 SUSPECTS IN OWAN EAST AND ESAN SOUTH-EAST LGAs OF EDO STATE
By: Our Reporter
Troops of 4 Brigade, under 2 Division Nigerian Army, in conjunction with the other security agencies and the Edo State Security Corps, arrested a total of 12 suspected kidnappers during clearance operations that started on 12 May 2026 in Owan East and Esan South-East Local Government Areas of Edo State.
During the operation, code-named Operation KO SALO, troops cleared Ugbovbighan Village, Olelo Forest, Egoro Amede Village, and conducted cordon-and-search operations at the Rugan Fulani settlement. Three suspected criminals namely; Ishaya Obadis, aged 20, Markus Ballu, aged 35, and Godknows Owonoji, aged 30, were arrested at Olelo Forest. Items recovered from the suspects included two motorcycles and two mobile phones. Preliminary investigations revealed that the suspects were collaborators and logistics suppliers to kidnappers. Consequently, the suspects were handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further action.

In a related development, troops further cleared Ekeke Forest, Ishiolili Village, and Camp Sule Rugan Fulani, all in Owan East Local Government Area of Edo State. During the clearance operation, two suspects namely; Bala Mahmood, aged 70, and Ibrahim Abdullahi, aged 25, were arrested. Items recovered from them included dangerous weapons and one small Tecno mobile phone. The suspects and recovered items were also handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further investigation and prosecution.

Similarly, troops proceeded to clear Uwarlor-Oke Forest in Esan North-East Local Government Area, as well as the Udo Government Reserve Forest in Esan South-East Local Government Area of Edo State. During the operation, seven suspected kidnappers namely; Isah Shehu, aged 25, Hamadu Safiyanu, aged 22, Tijani Shehu, aged 24, Yahaya Babangida, aged 25, Usman Hamza, aged 26, Abduladi Saleh, aged 23, and Gadafi Tukur, aged 27, were arrested within the Uwarlor-Oke Forest. Items recovered from the suspects included one motorcycle and two itel mobile phones. The suspects and recovered items were handed over to the Amendokhian Police Division for further action.

Also, troops in conjunction with Nigerian Police Force and local vigilantes conducted operations at Emu Forest in Emu, Esan South East Local Government Area, Edo State. During the operation, troops extensively searched Otobo Camp and Nnamdo Camp, one locally made long barrel gun and one motorcycle were recovered. Recovered items were deposited at Ubiaja Police Division for further action. Troops continue with the ongoing operation aimed at ridding the state of criminal elements.

The Commander, 4 Brigade Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Ahmed Balogun, commended the troops for their professionalism and charged them to sustain the operational tempo towards dismantling all kidnappers’ hideouts across Edo State. He also reassured members of the public of the Brigade’s unwavering commitment to sustaining offensive operations aimed at eradicating kidnapping and protecting lives and property. The Commander urged residents to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to support ongoing operations. He further appreciated the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 2 Division, Major General Chinedu Nnebeife for his strategic guidance and support which he said has fostered operational excellence.
TROOPS OF 4 BRIGADE BUST KIDNAPPERS’ HIDEOUTS, ARREST 12 SUSPECTS IN OWAN EAST AND ESAN SOUTH-EAST LGAs OF EDO STATE
Uncategorized
Seven Killed, Kafin Hausa Chairman Injured in Jigawa Auto Crash
Seven Killed, Kafin Hausa Chairman Injured in Jigawa Auto Crash
By: Zagazola Makama
Seven persons have died while the Chairman of Kafin Hausa Local Government Area sustained injuries following a fatal motor accident along the Malam Madori–Hadejia Road in Jigawa State.
Police sources said the accident occurred at about 9:45 p.m. on May 18, 2026, at Kashin Dila Junction involving a Toyota Starlet and a black Mercedes-Benz GLK vehicle.
According to the sources, the Toyota Starlet, driven by Adamu Dakido, was conveying passengers from Hadejia to Malam Madori when it collided head-on with the GLK vehicle conveying the Chairman of Kafin Hausa Local Government Area and his driver from Gumel to Kafin Hausa.
The sources stated that all six occupants of the Toyota Starlet died on the spot due to the impact of the collision.
The driver of the GLK vehicle also reportedly lost his life instantly, while the council chairman sustained varying degrees of injuries.
A patrol team of the Nigeria Police Force was said to have responded swiftly to the scene and evacuated the injured victim and corpses to the General Hospital, Hadejia.
Police authorities said investigation into the cause of the accident was ongoing.
Seven Killed, Kafin Hausa Chairman Injured in Jigawa Auto Crash
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
