News
NGO donates wheelchairs to 75 PLWDs in Jigawa

NGO donates wheelchairs to 75 PLWDs in Jigawa
Beautiful Gate Handicapped People Center, Jos, has donated wheelchairs to 75 Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWDs), in the Balbadu community, Birni Kudu Local Government Area (LGA) of Jigawa State.
Sandra Yilgwan, Media Officer of the organisation, who disclosed this in a statement on Monday in Jos, said that the wheelchairs were presented on Sunday.
Yilgwan said the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the Centre, Mr Ayuba Gufwan, who presented the items, said that the gesture aimed at cushioning the hardship of the community’s PLWDs.
According to Gufwan, it is the third time he will be donating wheelchairs to the community; and he derives joy in touching lives, particularly those of PLWDs.
READ ALSO: Oscar 2022: Will Smith Wins Best Actor After Appearing To Hit Chris Rock
He advised the beneficiaries to put the wheelchairs to good use, saying that it would enable the younger ones among them to attend school with ease.
“First, I want to call and encourage those that benefitted from this gesture to use the wheelchairs and go back to school.
“They should also use it to learn skills or start a business because there is ability in disability”
“Our joy is to see everyone living with disability being independent and also contribute their quarter to the growth of the society.
Gufwan called on Parents of children with disabilities to cater for them, and ensure they attended school or learn a skill in order to be useful members of society.
Alhaji Usman Lamido, leader of the community, thanked the donor for the gesture and prayed to God to bless him in all ramifications.
News
Police rescue abducted senior officer in Sokoto, arrest two suspects

Police rescue abducted senior officer in Sokoto, arrest two suspects
By: Zagazola Makama
The Sokoto State Police Command have rescued a senior officer, SP Musa Amadu, who was abducted by suspected kidnappers in Sokoto.
Sources told Zagazola Makama that the officer was reported missing on Aug. 27 after his family informed the command that he neither returned home nor could be reached on phone.
The sources said the case was later established as kidnapping on Aug. 28 when the victim’s brother received a call from the abductors demanding ransom.
According to the sources, the command’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit took over the investigation and tracked the victim’s location using technical intelligence.
“The officer was traced and rescued at about 5:40 p.m. on Aug. 28 in an isolated area near the back gate of Usman Danfodio University along Illela road,” said the sources.
The sources said the officer, who was weak and disoriented at the time of rescue, was rushed to the hospital for treatment and observation.
He also confirmed that two suspects had been arrested in connection with the case.
Police rescue abducted senior officer in Sokoto, arrest two suspects
News
Police inspector declared missing during joint operation in Sokoto

Police inspector declared missing during joint operation in Sokoto
By: Zagazola Makama
A police inspector deployed for a joint military operation in Sabo-Birni, Sokoto State, has been declared missing.
The Commanding Officer, 7 Police Mobile Force (PMF), Sokoto, reported the development in a situation update on Thursday.
He said the officer, identified as Insp. Ibrahim Yusuf, was detailed for night sentry duty between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Aug. 27, but could not be accounted for afterwards.
“By midnight of Aug. 28, the officer had disappeared and his phone line could not be reached. He has since been defaulted, while a search for his whereabouts is ongoing,” the officer stated.
Police authorities said efforts were being intensified in collaboration with the military to trace the missing inspector.
Police inspector declared missing during joint operation in Sokoto
News
Two die, property destroyed in power surge, fire incident in Kaduna

Two die, property destroyed in power surge, fire incident in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Two persons have died and a residential building destroyed following a power surge that led to a transformer explosion in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Zagazola Makama gathered that the incident occurred on Thursday night at Romi Kara Tudu when an electric transformer located at No. 75 Chikun Street exploded due to high voltage.
The Kaduna State Police Command confirmed that a 69-year-old man, Johnson Babatunde Attah, was electrocuted in his room while attempting to unplug his electrical appliances. A 17-year-old, Joshua Kolawale, was also electrocuted during the incident.
Sources further disclosed that the house of one resident, identified as Nuhu Samuel Dauda, was engulfed in flames, leading to the destruction of all his belongings.
The victims were rushed to St. Gerald Hospital, Kaduna, where a doctor certified them dead. Their remains were deposited at the hospital mortuary for autopsy.
The Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company (KEDC) has been alerted, while authorities say investigations are ongoing to determine the exact cause of the incident.
Two die, property destroyed in power surge, fire incident in Kaduna
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
Opinions4 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS2 years ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions2 years ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics3 months ago
2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift