News
Nigeria export to Angola hits $16.8m between 2020-2022
Nigeria export to Angola hits $16.8m between 2020-2022
By: Michael Mike
The Secretary of State for International cooperation and Angola communities, Domingos Lopes has said Nigeria’s export to Angola between 2020 and 2022 hit $16.8million.
Lopes made the disclosure at the first Angola-Nigeria business Interactive Forum in Abuja.
The Secretary, who represented the Minister of External Relations, His Excellency Téte Antonio said the ties between both countries were marked by signing of the first economic, technical —scientific and cultural cooperation agreement in 1976, adding that exchange between the two has been remarkable in the diplomatic, defence and security, petroleum, education, culture and transportation.
He said: “In the last three years (between 2020 and 2022), Angola exportation of goods to Nigeria was estimated at USD 5.6 million and its importation stood at USD 16.8million, corresponding to a negative trade balance of about USD
11.2million.”
He revealed that Angola exported crude oil weighing about 42% to Nigeria, optics and precision accounting for 20%, mechanical machines and devices with their own function, accounting for 14% of the total volume of exports.
He said in the area of importation of acquired product group were machine and apparatus, CKD, plastics, rubbers and other transport materials. These groups in their total represent more than half of the total exportation during the period (41%,19% and 15% respectively).
Lopes also noted that Angola counts on the support of Nigeria during its economic reform, but lamented that: “The present international system is facing various challenges.
“Angola being part of the system is witnessing a special moment marked by structural reforms that aim to transform its macroeconomic situation.
“To achieve this objective, the Angolan government intend to count on the support of friendly countries who are always on its side, and one of these is indisputably, Nigeria.”
Also speaking at the event, the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris said the administration of President Bola Tinubu will continue to strengthen both mutual ties, through a deliberate pursuit of productive bilateral relations.
He said: “President Bola Tinubu is desirous to deepen the relationship between Nigeria and other African countries, including Angola.
“Among other things, we are working on signing a Memorandum of Understanding on Public Communication and Media Exchange with the Embassy of Angola in Nigeria, as part of efforts to deepen our relationship.
“Nigeria is very much keen to support Angola’s domestic and foreign aspirations and the country’s overall development, and we expect reciprocity in this regard.”
The Angola Ambassador Designate to Nigeria, Amb. Jose Zau said the forum will help strengthen the economic ties between Nigeria and Angola.
Nigeria export to Angola hits $16.8m between 2020-2022
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
