News
NPF presents N1.6b to families of deceased officers
NPF presents N1.6b to families of deceased officers
The Inspector-General of Police (I-G), Mr Olukayode Egbetokun, has presented N1.6 billion to families of 727 deceased police officers.
The money is the insurance claim for the deceased officers covering 2018/2019, 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 under the Group Life Assurance Policy of the Nigeria Police Force.
The I-G explained that the gesture was a way of showing the gratitude of the Nigeria Police to the fallen heroes.
According to him, the presentation of the insurance claim is the fifth since his appointment in 2023.
Egbetokun added that it showed the unwavering dedication of the current police leadership towards the welfare of police personnel and their families, including those who died in active service.
He assured those in service that neither the nation nor the force would abandon them.
“Today, we are poised to distribute cheques across five distinct categories, reflecting our diverse commitment to the beneficiaries.
“The first category comprises cheques amounting to N55.8 million for 311 beneficiaries, representing the remaining 5% balance of the Group Life Assurance Policy payments, Batches 9 and 10, for the 2021/2022 insurance year.
“The second category includes cheques totaling N761.5 million for 178 beneficiaries, representing 90% of the Group Life Assurance policy payments, Batches 15 and 17 for the 2021/2022 insurance year.
He added that the third category was a cheque of N567.5 million covering 78 beneficiaries as 100% Group Life Assurance policy payment for Batch 9 of the 2022/2023 insurance year.
The I-G said that the fourth category were cheques of N96.9 million for 86 beneficiaries, representing 32 per cent of the Group Life Assurance policy payment for Batch 5 of the 2018/2019 insurance year.
He said the final category was a cheque of N113. 2 million representing full payment for 149 beneficiaries covering batche 6 and 7, for the 2022/2023 policy year.
“Through this most recent initiative, the force has, over the past nine months disbursed cheques amounting to N7.3 billion to 2,514 families of the departed officers.
“This initiative underscores our deep-seated commitment to honoring the legacy and sacrifices of the officers who served with valour,” he said.
NPF presents N1.6b to families of deceased officers
News
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.
The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.
Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.
Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
