Connect with us

News

NSCDC Arrests Father at the Point of Selling 8 Years Old Son for N20 million

Published

on

NSCDC Arrests Father at the Point of Selling 8 Years Old Son for N20 million

By: Michael Mike

Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has arrested in Abuja one Chinana Tali at the point of selling his eight year old son, Ushafa Tali for N20 million.

Speaking during the parade of the suspect in Abuja the NSCDC FCT Commandant, Olusola Odumosu said that the child trafficking suspect was arrested after being lured to Abuja from Benue.

He said the arrest of Chinana who was with his son, followed an intelligence tip-off of his quest to get the highest bidder to sell off Ushafa to.

Odumosu said: “We booked an appointment with the suspect at a garden where we had one of our men pose as a buyer while we had our men surround them.

“He came all the way from Benue to sell his supposed child to a buyer without caring about what might befall the child afterwards.

“To arrest his accomplice, we had to send transport fare to him after he was being deceived that the deal had been settled.”

He said that the father who was initially offered N12 million refused and insisted that the boy who he referred to as a “He-goat” during his conversation on phone be bought at the rate of N20 million.

“He also offered to sell his girl child whom he referred to as a She-goat for N15 million, if he didn’t get a buyer for the boy.

“We are not sure of the paternity yet but more will be uncovered during further investigation as he claimed that the mother, his wife, had no idea of the transaction.”

The Commandant said that the Corps was dedicated to ensure the protection of lives and property and will continue to take drastic measures in ensuring that crimes were nip in the bud.

He however warned persons who may have such evil intentions as that of Tali and his accomplices to desist as child trafficking was a serious offence.

Odumosu said he would be handing over the father, son and one accomplice to representatives of National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) for further investigation and possible prosecution.

Chinana while being interrogated said that he is a father of six children and had decided to sell one of his children to help raise money to take care of his large family.

He said: “It is because of hardship and no money so I needed to find a way to train my other children.”

NAPTIP Senior Intelligence Assistant, Mrs Chinyere Oseafiama, who was on hand to take possession of the father and son and the other suspect assured that the case will be thoroughly investigated for appropriately actions.

“We are happy for what the NSCDC has done and we are assuring that NAPTIP will do the needful and get back to the public with a positive report regarding the case,” Oseafiama said.

The Commandant also said a young man was recently arrested after being caught vandalising armored cables along Idu Railway Line in the territory.

He said that, the suspect had in his possession a hoe used in digging out the cables and a saw which he used in cutting the dug out cables.

“The suspect will be arraigned and prosecuted according to the law to serve as a deterrent to other vandals,” Odumosu said.

NSCDC Arrests Father at the Point of Selling 8 Years Old Son for N20 million

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Security Agencies Conduct Show of Force, Secure Jumat Prayers in Jos-Bukuru

Published

on

Security Agencies Conduct Show of Force, Secure Jumat Prayers in Jos-Bukuru

By: Zagazola Makama

Security agencies in Plateau State have conducted a coordinated show of force and provided security coverage for Jumat prayers across major locations within the Jos-Bukuru metropolis.

Security sources disclosed that the operation, carried out at about 1:00 p.m. on May 22, involved troops of Operation Enduring Peace personnel of the Nigerian Air Force 551 Station, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), and other sister security agencies.

According to the sources, the joint operation covered key flashpoints within the Jos-Bukuru operational area as part of proactive measures to ensure a hitch-free religious observance.

The exercise also included the provision of adequate security for Jumat prayers at various mosques across different sects and sub-sects within the area.

The sources added that the coordinated deployment was aimed at deterring criminal elements and denying them freedom of action within the metropolis.

Security authorities confirmed that the Jumat prayers were conducted peacefully without any security incident recorded across the covered locations.

Security Agencies Conduct Show of Force, Secure Jumat Prayers in Jos-Bukuru

Continue Reading

News

Troops Respond to Isolated Killing of Civilian Guard in Plateau by Militia elements in Mangu

Published

on

Troops Respond to Isolated Killing of Civilian Guard in Plateau by Militia elements in Mangu

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8 (Sub-Sector 81), Operation Enduring Peace, have responded to a reported attack and killing of a civilian security guard, Saidu Mohammed, by militia elements in Gindiri area of Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources disclosed that the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 22 at a farm near a dam in the area.

According to the sources, troops were mobilised to the scene following a distress call and found the lifeless body of the victim, who was said to have sustained machete cuts.

The remains of the deceased were recovered and subsequently handed over to his family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.

The sources added that preliminary assessment suggested the attack may have been carried out by suspected militia elements operating in the general area.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to identify, trail and apprehend those responsible for the killing, while security surveillance in the area had been intensified.

Troops Respond to Isolated Killing of Civilian Guard in Plateau by Militia elements in Mangu

Continue Reading

News

Zulum Presents APC Guber Candidate Gubio to Tinubu, Hails President’s Role in Northeast Recovery

Published

on

Zulum Presents APC Guber Candidate Gubio to Tinubu, Hails President’s Role in Northeast Recovery

By: Michael Mike

Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum, on Friday formally presented the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, Mustapha Gubio, to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

During the meeting, Zulum praised President Tinubu’s commitment to restoring peace, rebuilding communities devastated by insurgency and supporting development efforts across Nigeria’s Northeast.

The governor said the President’s leadership has strengthened cohesion within the APC and sustained momentum in the region’s recovery efforts, particularly in states affected by years of attacks by insurgent groups.

“The President’s commitment to peace and reconstruction in the Northeast has been unwavering,” Zulum said, noting that federal interventions in security, humanitarian support and infrastructure development have continued to bring hope to affected communities.

Zulum was accompanied to the Presidential Villa by member of the House of Representatives, Bukar Talba.

The presentation of Gubio comes amid growing political activities ahead of the 2027 general elections and is widely seen as a major step in consolidating the APC’s political structure in Borno State, one of the party’s strongest support bases in the North-East.

Gubio, a former commissioner and technocrat, recently emerged as the APC governorship candidate in Borno, succeeding other aspirants in the party’s internal selection process. His emergence has attracted significant attention within political circles, especially given Governor Zulum’s influence in the state and his administration’s focus on post-insurgency reconstruction, resettlement of displaced persons and rebuilding of critical infrastructure.

Since assuming office in 2019, Zulum has gained national recognition for his hands-on leadership style, particularly his frequent visits to conflict-affected communities and efforts to improve education, healthcare and security coordination in Borno State.

Borno remains one of the states most impacted by over a decade of insurgency in the Northeast, with thousands killed and millions displaced. However, recent years have witnessed gradual reconstruction and resettlement efforts led by both the state and federal governments.

Zulum Presents APC Guber Candidate Gubio to Tinubu, Hails President’s Role in Northeast Recovery

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights