News
NSCDC Arrests Railway Infrastructure Vandals, Illegal Vandals in Abuja
NSCDC Arrests Railway Infrastructure Vandals, Illegal Vandals in Abuja
By: Michael Mike
Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) have arrested two vandals of railway infrastructure and 11 illegal miners in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and environs.
According to the FCT Commandant of the NSCDC, Olusola Odumosu, whose men clampdown on the criminal elements, the two railway vandals were arrested by the Operatives of the Critical National Assets and Infrastructure unit of the command for willfully vandalizing rail tracks and traffic lights in Wuye Area of the territory.
He said the Command in collaboration with the Nigerian Army arrested 11 suspects involved in illegal mining activities at Izom, a community located at the boundary of FCT and Niger State.
Parading the suspects the FCT Commandant, Olusola Odumosu informed that the proactive measures taken by the Command would serve as a deterrence to other criminals within the territory.
Odumosu stated that: “Our effort is geared towards combating various forms of criminality, particularly vandalism of Critical National Assets and other public infrastructure, illegal mining activities and among others within the FCT.
“We will continue to demonstrate zero tolerance to vandalism and there is no plan to retreat on this mission as they must all be brought to book.
“I have vowed that there is no hiding place for evil perpetrators, so in this vein, active efforts are underway to apprehend their masterminds who are still at large.”
He reiterated that economic sabotage through illegal exploitation of the nation’s mineral resources not only poses serious threats to the ecosystem, and the well-being of the host communities, the nation also loses billions of naira to these illegal operators.
He noted that the apprehended suspects are being investigated and would be subsequently charged to court as they are currently assisting with useful information that would determine their level of culpability or affiliation with other criminal syndicates notorious for illegal mining operations within the FCT.
The Commandant used the occasion to warn vandals of critical national assets such as the railways, illegal miners, one chance syndicate, scavengers, and kidnappers that such crimes activities will not be tolerated within the FCT jurisdiction again.
He said: “We remains committed and dedicated to ridding FCT of criminalities and we are working tirelessly to identify and apprehend individuals or groups engaged in criminal activities that undermine the safety and prosperity of the citizens.”
NSCDC Arrests Railway Infrastructure Vandals, Illegal Vandals in Abuja
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
News
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
By: Zagazola Makama
A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.
The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.
Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.
The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.
Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.
The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.
Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
