Connect with us

News

NSCDC Deploys 4,000 personnel for Hitch-free Yuletide

Published

on

NSCDC Deploys 4,000 personnel for Hitch-free Yuletide

By: Michael Mike

No less than 4,000 personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has deployed in Abuja, the nation’s capital to ensure that the Yuletide is celebrated without breach of peace and security.

Speaking at the FCT Command headquarters, Abuja, the FCT Commandant of the Corps, Olusola Odumosu hinted that a robust operational order covering the entire Federal Capital Territorry had been released and being fully implemented.

He added that the Command’s Special Forces and various tactical units such as the Armed Squad, Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Rapid Response team, Special Female Squad, Agro Rangers unit, Anti vandals unit, Crisis and disaster management unit, Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Explosive Unit (CBRNE) and the Intelligence Unit were mobilised for this assignment.

According to him, the Command took this proactive step to ensure effective security coverage due to the influx of visitors to the FCT, which may lead to increased social, economic and criminal activities during the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Odumosu said: “The mission of this operation is to provide robust security for visitors, residents and the protection of Critical National Assets and public utilities in the FCT.

“While we expect the influx of visitors at this period, some residents may also travel out of the territory, leaving behind their houses, property and other belongings which are vulnerable to criminals.”

He also assured that all operational and intelligence assets at the disposal of the Command had been fully deployed to cover strategic locations and soft targets like places of worship, recreational centres, markets, shopping malls, parks, gardens and suspected flash points.

Odumosu directed all the Area Commanders and Divisional Officers (DOs) across the 6 Area Councils to maintain 24-hour high visibility day and night patrols around all the nooks and crannies of the Territory.

He expressed confidence that with the existing synergy and high sense of collaboration amongst various security agencies, peace and order shall be guaranteed and maintained during the yuletide period in the FCT.

“There will be no laxness in carrying out our expected responsibilities of safeguarding lives, property and maintaining peace and order.

“I have directed my officers and men to be extra vigilant and to discharge their statutory responsibility with utmost diligence.

“I assure the FCT residents of the readiness of the Command to promptly respond to distress and emergency situation.

“I also encourage members of the public to report any suspicious movement and objects to the nearest security post as security is everyone’s business,” the Commandant said.

He urged the FCT residents to be law abiding, obey rules and regulations, be vigilant and above all, cooperate with law enforcement and safety agencies in the interest of peace and progress of the FCT and the Nation as a whole.

Odumosu felicitates with the Hon Minister of FCT and residents on the yuletide season, wishing all christian faithfuls Merry Christmas and Nigerians a Prosperous 2024.

NSCDC Deploys 4,000 personnel for Hitch-free Yuletide

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Retired Delta High Court Judge found murdered in Asaba Delta

Published

on

Retired Delta High Court Judge found murdered in Asaba Delta

By: Zagazola Makama

A retired Delta State High Court judge, Justice Ifeoma Okogwu, was found murdered at her residence in Asaba on Monday morning.

Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the victim, was discovered lifeless in her sitting room at No. 8 Tom Halen Street, behind IBTC Bank, with her hands and legs tied and her mouth covered with a wrapper.

Her brother, Emeka Okogwu, reported the incident to the Police at about 8:00 a.m. while visiting her home. Following the report, patrol teams were deployed to the scene.

The on-duty security guard, Lucky Matthew, was arrested for questioning, while another guard, Godwin Vanen, was reported missing and is being sought.

The police said the body of Justice Okogwu was evacuated and deposited at Maduemeie Hospital Mortuary, Asaba. Investigation into the motive and identification of the assailants is ongoing.

The case has been transferred to SCID Asaba for discreet investigation.

Retired Delta High Court Judge found murdered in Asaba Delta

Continue Reading

News

NTAC DG Commends CIFCFIN for Giant Strides on 2nd Founders’ Day

Published

on

NTAC DG Commends CIFCFIN for Giant Strides on 2nd Founders’ Day

By: Michael Mike

The Director General of the Nigerian Technical Aid Corps, Rt. Hon. Yusuf Buba Yakub, has commended the Chartered Institute of Forensics and Fraud Investigators of Nigeria (CIFCFIN) for its remarkable achievements since its establishment, describing the Institute’s progress as “giant strides”.

The commendation was made during CIFCFIN’s 2nd Founders’ Day celebration, which took place,Thursday,in Abuja,and also featured the induction of new members, professional practitioners, and Fellows of the Institute; in addition to a few Awards to some deserving individuals.

The event,which was chaired by Hon. Justice Moore Abraham Aseimo of the Supreme Court of Nigeria,had in attendance several dignitaries,including the CIFCIN Founder and Pioneer President,
Dr. Iliyasu Buba Gashinbaki;Alh. Mairiga Aliyu Katuga,Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as Dr. Isa Egah Salifu, Registrar/CEO and Secretary to the Council of CIFCFIN.

Others included the
former EFCC Chairman, Mr. Ibrahim  Magu; representative of the Development Bank of Nigeria;representative of the Inspector General of Police as well as the representative of the Corps Marshall of the Federal Roads Safety Corps (FRSC),among many other senior officials of Government and stakeholders of the Institute.

In his remarks,Rt.Hon. Buba expressed pride in the milestones attained by CIFCFIN, noting that the Institute’s growth reflects a strong commitment to professionalism in forensics and fraud investigation,both of which are critical to Nigeria’s fight against corruption and economic crime.

Among those honoured at the event were the NTAC DG,whose role as the sponsor of the Bill for the establishment of the Institute was applauded by all.

The ceremony concluded with an official photo session with the Institute’s leadership and invited guests.
End

Continue Reading

News

Christian Genocide: Information Minister Asks CSOs to Correct Misinformation About Nigeria

Published

on

Christian Genocide: Information Minister Asks CSOs to Correct Misinformation About Nigeria

By: Michael Mike

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, has appealed to Civil Society Organisations to help correct the misrepresentations of Nigeria as a violator of religious freedom.

The Minister made the appeal at the 25th Anniversary of ActionAid in Abuja.

He said there is an urgent need for CSOs in the country to counter the narratives by applying evidence-based insights into the Nigerian situation.

Idris while addressing the misconceptions about Nigeria abroad, insisted that the country is not a violator of religious freedom and reaffirmed that such freedoms are clearly guaranteed in the constitution.

The minister who acknowledged security challenges even as he emphasized that government efforts are yielding progress, cautioned against narratives that mischaracterise Nigeria and strain its relations with its partners, particularly the United States.

He admitted lthe government’s responsibility to protect citizens, especially children, stating that “our children must be safe in their schools, safe in their communities, and safe in their homes” and highlighted President Tinubu’s recent declaration of a national emergency on security.

He revealed that the emergency measures include new recruitment into security agencies, support for state-level security outfits, and a push for legislative action towards establishing state police.

He described the declaration as a turning point in the fight against terrorism and banditry.

He called on CSOs to deepen their support for open governance, media freedom, digital literacy, and community development, and affirmed that ActionAid’s contributions in these areas remain “complementary and invaluable” to national progress.

The Minister who was the Chairman of ActionAid Nigeria 25 years anniversary celebration commended AAN for its action, service, and transformative work across the country.

He said, “For a quarter of a century, ActionAid has taken development to the frontlines, empowering women and girls, strengthening education, improving healthcare, advocating for governance reforms, supporting communities during crises, and amplifying the voices of the most vulnerable.”

He noted that ActionAid must be praised for its innumerable responses to challenging humanitarian situations and grassroots empowerment work that have shaped policy and community development in profound and measurable ways in Nigeria. “Today, we gather to honour this legacy and to look toward the next chapter.”

The Minister said: “I am equally pleased to unveil the ActionAid building prototype, a strong signal of organisational growth and long-term presence in Nigeria. This forward-looking investment reflects ActionAid’s commitment to deepening its contribution to our nation over the next 25 years and beyond. These milestones deserve our collective applause.”

In his remarks, Country Director, ActionAid Nigeria, Andrew Mamedu, said the struggle of AAN in the last 25 years is to help contain poverty, a struggle he said has not been of convenience but of conviction.

He said: “25 years ago, ActionAid Nigeria began with a simple but radical proposition that poverty is not natural.

And that exclusion is not a condition to be managed by the system. But we have to dismantle it. The true development does not happen when charity is displaced.

“Charity may be rights, give things, that’s charity. But when power is shifted from privilege to the marginalised, from silence to participation, from oppression to agency, our journey has never been one of convenience, it has been one of conviction.

“We have chosen to take sides with women denied their rights, with youth denied their voices, and with communities denied access to opportunities they deserve.

“Because we know that to end poverty, we must confront the structural injustice that creates it. “So for the past 25 years, we have stood shoulder to shoulder with people living in poverty and exclusion. Not as saviours, we don’t see ourselves as saviours, but as allies who are working together.”

Christian Genocide: Information Minister Asks CSOs to Correct Misinformation About Nigeria

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights