News
NSCDC Dismantles Activities of Oil Bunkerers in Abia
NSCDC Dismantles Activities of Oil Bunkerers in Abia
By: Michael Mike
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has dismantled the activities of oil bunkerers in Ukwa East Local Government Area in Abia State.
A statement on Wednesday by the spokesman of the paramilitary outfit, Babawale Afolabi read that: “In its determination to salvage the nation from economic saboteurs the Commandant General’s Special Intelligence Squad has dismantled an illegal oil bunkering site, a large local Pour-put Boat for conveying locally refined petroleum products, a loading point and Automotive Gas Oil amounting to 9000 litres at Inhandu Community of Ukwa East Local Government Area in Abia State.”
He said: “During an interview with the CG’s SIS arresting officer, we deduced that the Squad through credible Intelligence got wind of oil bunkering activities taking place at Inhandu/Ikwariator Riverside; Ukwa East LGA where an uninterrupted loading and conveyance of AGO concealed in cellophane bags were ongoing.
“The Team swung into action without wasting time and was able to uncover a bunkering site where local refining of petroleum products had been carried out for a long time; about 2 large wooden Pour-put boats were seen at the river bank, some cellophane bags were loaded in fibre boats but at the mere sighting of our operatives; the perpetrators took to their heels.
“While touring across the site, some bags of AGO were also packed in an uncompleted building while some were loaded inside 3 different Vehicles ready for supply.”
He disclosed that: “Some of the exhibits recovered at the crime scene are:
2 Fibre Boats with 40 Horse Power Yamaha Engines, 2 empty J5 Buses and 1 Sequoia Jeep about to be loaded, 2 large wooden boats still under construction and some quantities of AGO concealed in cellophane bags.”
He noted: “The Intelligence and Investigation department has commenced detailed work to unravel the perpetrators and beneficiaries while an application for forfeiture of products and mode of conveyance would be sought at the law court at the expiration of our investigation.”
He however appealed to the public to cooperate with the NSCDC in the fight against crude oil theft to rid the nation’s economy off the hands of saboteurs.
NSCDC Dismantles Activities of Oil Bunkerers in Abia
News
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
An operative attached to a security unit in Niger State has died following an accidental discharge of a rifle at his duty post in Shiroro Local Government Area.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 10:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the operative, identified as Abubakar Iliya, 35, who was attached to a special hunters unit stationed at Galadiman-Kogo, reportedly fell from a sentry post.
During the fall, his cocked rifle disengaged and discharged, striking him in the abdomen and causing fatal injuries.
His remains were later evacuated by his unit for burial in accordance with customary rites.
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
News
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
A canoe conveying seven passengers capsized while in transit between Jata and Kami Village in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State, leaving several persons missing.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 7:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the canoe, carrying six females and one male passenger, overturned during the journey.
The passengers were identified as Mustapher Yakubu; Sahura Yakubu and her child; Zarifa Yakubu; Mommy Yakubu; Lizatu Yakubu; Zaratu Yusuf; and Sumaiya Ibrahim, all from Jata/Bmagara via Kami Village.
Rescue teams, including police and local divers, were immediately mobilised to the scene. The boat driver and his conductor were rescued alive, while search efforts are ongoing to locate the remaining passengers.
Authorities said further updates would be provided as rescue operations continue.
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
News
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
Armed bandits have killed two people and razed homes during an attack on Konkoso Village in Niger State, security sources said.
According to sources, the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 17 when a large group of bandits invaded the village, shot two residents whose identities are yet to be confirmed, and set several houses on fire.
The attackers also looted shops and carted away food items before leaving Konkoso Village and moving toward Pissa Village in Pissa District.
Authorities said efforts are ongoing to track the bandits and apprehend those responsible for the attack.
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
