Military
NSCDC to Pay for Surgery of Injured Personnel involved in Accident during Election
NSCDC to Pay for Surgery of Injured Personnel involved in Accident during Election
By: Michael Mike
The Commandant General (CG) of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Dr Ahmed Audi has ordered immediate commencement of the surgery required for one of his personnel involved in an accident while on official duty.
Audi gave the directive during a scheduled visit to National Hospital, Abuja to personally examine and assess the patient’s health condition as well as the progress made with their treatments so far.
Asc II Ibrahim Adam (40), is among the personnel of Lagos State Command involved in a fatal road crash which occurred at Giri junction, Abuja, on Friday 24th February 2023, a day before the Presidential and National Assembly elections that resulted in the death of one of the occupants shortly after take off from the Corps National Headquarters.
Affirming his commitment to the welfare of his personnel, the CG directed the Head of unit of the NSCDC Health and Medical Services, Dr Oba Jude (DCC), who was designated to monitor and coordinate the victim’s treatment, to make sure that the required attention is accorded the officer who was diagnosed to have spinal cord injury with multiple fractures.
The CG expressed delight at reports that the personnel is responding to treatment and assured again of his readiness to pay the bills incured for the treatments of the officers.
Audi reiterated that his major concern is to get the officers back on their feet again, noting that: “They are all dedicated and committed officers and my major concern is to get all of them treated and have them back on their feet again.
“I noticed that, there are signs and hope of more significant improvement when the proposed surgery is carried out.
“I am ready to pay the bills of the surgery and other associated treatments no matter how much it is going to cost.”
Audi encouraged the patient who was elated to see the CG by his bedside at the hospital to continue to believe in God who will heal him completely, praying that such an incident will not occur in the Corps again.
The CG consoled family members of the victims and urged them to remain prayerful for God to perfect their healing completely as the Corps plays its own part in caring for the victims.
Other five injured personnel in the accident had been discharged after significant improvements in their health conditions.
NSCDC to Pay for Surgery of Injured Personnel involved in Accident during Election
Military
Civilian JTF operative shoots man in Katsina, arrested
Civilian JTF operative shoots man in Katsina, arrested
By: Zagazola Makama
A 37-year-old member of the Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF) has been arrested after shooting a man during an altercation in Yantumaki town, Katsina State.
Sources said that the incident occurred on Feb. 9 at about 7:30 p.m.
According to the sources, the Civilian JTF operative, Musa Idi, reportedly shot 55-year-old Ummaru Maulaye on his right leg during a confrontation, causing a fracture.
“The incident incited youths in the town who mobilized in an attempt to breach the peace. The DPO promptly responded to pacify the situation,” the sources said.
The victim was taken to the General Hospital in Dutsin-Ma and is currently receiving treatment. The suspect has been taken into custody, and the rifle used in the incident was recovered.
Civilian JTF operative shoots man in Katsina, arrested
Military
Troops intercept ISWAP terrorists stealing school roofing in Yobe, one injured
Troops intercept ISWAP terrorists stealing school roofing in Yobe, one injured
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 159 Military Battalion, Kanamma, have intercepted suspected ISWAP terrorists attempting to steal roofing zinc from Ngamma Primary School in Ngamma village, Yunusari Local Government Area of Yobe State.
Zagazola learnt that the incident occurred on Feb. 9 at about 9:00 p.m., when unknown gunmen armed with sophisticated weapons invaded the school. They reportedly mobilized some community youths to assist in removing the roofing zinc.
Personnel of 159 Military Battalion were swiftly deployed to the scene.
While engaging the insurgents, a flying bullet injured one Umar Maigari, a 19-year-old resident of the village, who sustained a gunshot wound on his left leg,” the sources said.
The victim was rushed to Specialist Hospital, Geidam, where he is currently receiving treatment and responding to care.
The situation has been brought under control, with monitoring and intelligence operations ongoing to prevent further attacks.
Troops intercept ISWAP terrorists stealing school roofing in Yobe, one injured
Military
Army Chief tasks 18 brigade troops on intensified operations, approves new accommodation
Army Chief tasks 18 brigade troops on intensified operations, approves new accommodation
By: Zagazola Makama
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Waidi Shaibu, has approved the construction of additional accommodation and the renovation of administrative buildings at the Headquarters of 18 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Niger State, as part of measures to improve troop welfare and operational efficiency.
Shaibu made the disclosure on Tuesday while addressing officers and soldiers of the brigade during an operational visit to the formation.

The Army Chief said the decision followed a detailed briefing by the brigade and divisional commanders, who highlighted accommodation and infrastructure challenges affecting personnel at the headquarters.
“I have listened to the briefing from your commanders, particularly on the challenges you are facing in terms of accommodation.
“We have approved the construction of additional accommodation, as well as the renovation and remodification of some of your administrative blocks, to ameliorate these challenges,” he said.
Shaibu stressed that troop welfare and improved working conditions were critical to morale, discipline and operational effectiveness, adding that the army leadership remained committed to providing a conducive environment for soldiers and their families.

He said the welfare interventions would also serve as a force multiplier as the Nigerian Army intensified offensive operations against bandits and other criminal elements operating within the brigade’s area of responsibility.
“Most importantly, the conduct of operations to rid this area of marauding bandits and miscreants will be strengthened.
“We are going to enhance the capabilities of this brigade to conduct more offensive operations, which you will be participating in,” the COAS said.
Shaibu charged the troops to remain combat-ready and mentally prepared for sustained operations, reminding them that offensive action remained the core duty of soldiering.
“As soldiers, once the enabling environment and combat enablers are provided, you must go out and do what soldiers are trained to do.
“You have the training, you have the experience, and you have the commanders who will lead you to carry out the operations you are supposed to do,” he said.
The army chief urged the soldiers to maintain discipline and professionalism, advising them to listen to their officers and commanders in the conduct of operations.

“Listen to your officers. They will lead you well to do the operations you are supposed to do,” he added.
Shaibu expressed appreciation to the troops for their sacrifices and commitment in safeguarding lives and property, acknowledging the support and resilience of their families.
“I appreciate all of you, and I appreciate your families. We are committed to ensuring that your barracks environment is more comfortable for you,” he said.
The COAS expressed confidence in the ability of 18 Brigade to deliver on its mandate, assuring the personnel of continuous support from the army leadership as operations are intensified to restore lasting peace and security in Niger State and adjoining areas.
He later invited questions from the troops, urging them to remain focused, disciplined and resolute in the discharge of their constitutional responsibilities.
Army Chief tasks 18 brigade troops on intensified operations, approves new accommodation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
