News
PDP Presidential Primary: I Am Not Aware That Gov. Wike Went To Court — Atiku
PDP Presidential Primary: I Am Not Aware That Gov. Wike Went To Court — Atiku
The Presidential Candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to a lawsuit filed against him reportedly by Governor Nyesom Wike and a party Chieftain, Newgent Ekam.
Governor Wike and Ekam had reportedly sued Atiku Abubakar, the Sokoto state governor, Aminu Tambuwal, and the PDP over the conduct of the presidential primary of the party that was held in Abuja.
Atiku who reacted through his Spokesman said that he is not aware of any lawsuit filed against his principal by Governor Wike.
Among other prayers, Wike and Ekamon asked the court to order INEC to reject or remove Atiku from “its list of candidates in the 2023 presidential election.”
They are also seeking an order commanding the PDP to recount the votes of the primary that was held on May 28 and May 29 and declare Wike the winner of the primary.
It was gathered that the court processes had been served on the PDP at its Wadata Plaza headquarters located at Wuse Zone 5 while a copy had also been delivered to Atiku’s Campaign office in Maitama and the Sokoto State Government’s Liaison Office by the court bailiff.
Atiku’s Spokesman, PDP react
Speaking on the development, Atiku’s spokesman, Ibe, said his principal had not yet been served and thus could not comment on the matter.
“We are not aware of the case and have not been served. When we are served, we will respond appropriately. However, the response will be done in the proper manner and not through the media,” Ibe said.
Also, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Debo Ologunagba, said he was unaware of the case and thus could not comment on it.
“I’m just hearing about this case from you. I have not seen the process and thus cannot comment on it,” he said.
Governor Wike has also not officially issued any statement regarding the lawsuit.
PDP Presidential Primary: I Am Not Aware That Gov. Wike Went To Court — Atiku
News
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
An operative attached to a security unit in Niger State has died following an accidental discharge of a rifle at his duty post in Shiroro Local Government Area.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 10:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the operative, identified as Abubakar Iliya, 35, who was attached to a special hunters unit stationed at Galadiman-Kogo, reportedly fell from a sentry post.
During the fall, his cocked rifle disengaged and discharged, striking him in the abdomen and causing fatal injuries.
His remains were later evacuated by his unit for burial in accordance with customary rites.
Operative dies in accidental discharge in Niger
News
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
A canoe conveying seven passengers capsized while in transit between Jata and Kami Village in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State, leaving several persons missing.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 7:00 p.m. on Feb. 16 when the canoe, carrying six females and one male passenger, overturned during the journey.
The passengers were identified as Mustapher Yakubu; Sahura Yakubu and her child; Zarifa Yakubu; Mommy Yakubu; Lizatu Yakubu; Zaratu Yusuf; and Sumaiya Ibrahim, all from Jata/Bmagara via Kami Village.
Rescue teams, including police and local divers, were immediately mobilised to the scene. The boat driver and his conductor were rescued alive, while search efforts are ongoing to locate the remaining passengers.
Authorities said further updates would be provided as rescue operations continue.
Boat mishap leaves passengers missing in Niger
News
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
By: Zagazola Makama
Armed bandits have killed two people and razed homes during an attack on Konkoso Village in Niger State, security sources said.
According to sources, the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 17 when a large group of bandits invaded the village, shot two residents whose identities are yet to be confirmed, and set several houses on fire.
The attackers also looted shops and carted away food items before leaving Konkoso Village and moving toward Pissa Village in Pissa District.
Authorities said efforts are ongoing to track the bandits and apprehend those responsible for the attack.
Armed bandits attack Konkoso Village, kill two in Niger
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
