News
Policeman gets N250,000 reward for returning missing dollars

Policeman gets N250,000 reward for returning missing dollars
An online newspaper, Katsina City News, on Thursday doled out N250,000 to a policeman, Nura Mande, who returned missing 800 dollars belonging to a female pilgrim in Katsina State.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that a female pilgrim lost the money at the Katsina Hajj camp while preparing for a trip to Saudi Arabia for the just concluded hajj.
The money was presented to Mande at the Police Headquarters in Katsina by a member of the State House of Assembly, Alhaji Ali Abu-Albaba, on behalf of the newspaper.
Abu-Albaba said that the newspaper decided to honour the police Constable for his honesty and integrity.
“Not everyone can find such money at a place where no one was looking, and return it to the owner.
“We are presenting this money and the certificate to him so that it can encourage his colleagues and other members of the public to always remain honest.
“If he had taken the money and did not return it, because no one was seeing him, God had seen him and he must account for it some day.
“But due to his honesty and good character, he has now generated respect for himself and the entire police force, because many people have been commending him,” he added.
Abu-Albaba recalled that a hajj seat had been paid for the policeman by another person, to perform the 2023 pilgrimage.
He urged other well meaning Nigerians to honour people around them who display positive characters.
Abu-Albaba commended the police command in the state for the efforts being made to tackle the recurring insecurity in the state.
In his response, the Commissioner of Police, Katsina State Command, Idris Dauda-Dabban appreciated the gesture, saying the action of the Constable was inspiring and worthy of emulation.
He recalled that the command had also presented award to Mande for “exhibiting such good character, honesty and integrity.
“We are happy with his conduct, the organisation he was posted to is happy and also the people of Katsina state are happy, because he is from the state.
“That is to say that in any society, no matter how decadent it is, we must have good people.
“In fact, many people have been calling me about him. Even the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commision were here to greet and congratulate us because of this singular act of honesty.”
The police commissioner appreciated the online newspaper for the gesture.
Policeman gets N250,000 reward for returning missing dollars
News
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic incident occurred on April 3, 2025, during a joint security operation in Girei Local Government Area (LGA) of Adamawa State.
The operation, which involved personnel from the Police, Military, Department of State Security Services (DSS), and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), aimed to raid criminal hideouts in the area.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that during the operation, one of the security personnel accidentally discharged their firearm, striking 21-year-old Bara Adamu of Wuro Bulama, Girei LGA.
The victim was immediately rushed to Specialist Hospital for medical attention but was sadly confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
Crime
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
By: Zagazola Makama
On April 3, 2025, at approximately 1130 hours, a group of armed bandits riding motorcycles, opened fire on a commercial vehicle traveling from Kebbi to Sokoto.
The attack resulted in the death of one Dan Gande Usman, who was shot in the head. The victim succumbed to his injuries while being transported to the hospital.
In response to the attack, troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were deployed to the area to ensure sanity.
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
Crime
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
By: Zagazola Makama
A deadly bandit attack on Rijiya Village in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State has left eight people dead and a primary school set on fire.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at approximately 1600 hours, on April 3, a group of armed bandits, heavily armed with AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons, invaded the village.
The assailants opened fire indiscriminately, resulting in the deaths of two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CPG) and six civilians.
In addition to the loss of lives, the bandits set fire to a primary school that was being occupied by the CPG members.
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident