News
Rampaging Bandits in Kaduna release wife of slain ECWA Reverend
Rampaging Bandits in Kaduna release wife of slain ECWA Reverend
By: Bodunrin Kayode
The wife of Slain Reverend Joshua Maraya of Evangelical Church winning all (ECWA) Damakasuwa southern Kaduna has been released
Spokesman for the church Rev Romanus Ebewonkidi had announced in the ECWA church media platform that Grace Maraya had been released by the bandits and that she was back home with her kids.
“We thank God she finally regained freedom in the night of 19th November.” said Rev Romanus.
” Thank you for praying. We all know it is a long way for her and her children. Praying more and reaching out to her as the Lord leads you will be greatly appreciated.” he posited.
“The rampaging bandits had shot and killed Rev. Joshua Maraya of ECWA Damakasuwa 2 on the night of November 17 kidnapping his wife in the process.” said Romanus.
This reporter recalls that the late man of God Maraya was first attacked in August this year in the same building but escaped by God’s grace.
The bandits kidnapped his daughter whose mother’s screaming attracted people around and they ran away leaving the girl then.
This time around they double armed themselves very well, asked after the girl who was not around,then shot the man of God on his chest, killing him instantly and taking away his wife, Grace.
Southern part of Kaduna has been a beehive of activity for known foreign bandits who have annexed a sizable chunk of the ancestral homes and farmlands of the people and resettled in them.
They live in the nearby savanna forests known by a section of the security agencies where they drive into surrounding towns and villages kidnap people for cash and take them into the bush.
Frantic efforts are being made by the military to reverse the very sad narrative which has existed for almost a decade so that residents will finally return to their ancestral lands.
Rampaging Bandits in Kaduna release wife of slain ECWA Reverend
News
Police recover 15 rustled cows in Zamfara
Police recover 15 rustled cows in Zamfara
By: Zagazola Makama
The Police Command in Zamfara says its operatives have recovered 15 cows rustled by armed bandits during an attack on Gidan Kwagiri village in Damba District of Gusau Local Government Area.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 15 when the bandits invaded the community and carted away cows and sheep belonging to residents.
According to the sources, upon receiving the report, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Damba Division mobilised personnel alongside patrol teams from the Department of Operations to pursue the attackers.
The team was said to have successfully recovered 15 cows, which were subsequently handed over to their owners.
Efforts, however, are ongoing to track down the suspects and recover the remaining rustled animals, while security patrols have been intensified in the area to forestall further attacks.
Police recover 15 rustled cows in Zamfara
News
Operation Whirl Stroke arrests cow rustling suspects fuelling violence in Benue
Operation Whirl Stroke arrests cow rustling suspects fuelling violence in Benue
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the Joint Task Force (JTF) Operation WHIRL STROKE have arrested suspects linked to cattle rustling in Benue State, following two separate security incidents in Guma Local Government Area.

Security sources said that on Feb. 15, troops responded to an attack on herders at Amua Village, located between Daudu and Umenger/Ukpiam. The attack left one herder dead, while another sustained gunshot wounds and was evacuated to Keana in neighbouring Nasarawa State for urgent medical attention. The remains of the deceased were handed over to community representatives for burial according to local customs.

In a related operation on the same day, troops stationed at Ukpiam acted on intelligence provided by vigilant youths concerning suspected cattle rustling. The troops arrested a 23-year-old suspect, Terngu Aondohemba, who reportedly confessed to killing two cattle belonging to Fulani herders. He also implicated two accomplices, Akpehe and Ashinge, who are still at large.
Further investigation led security operatives to Korje Village in Daudu, where Mrs. Mercy Onban, wife of the alleged buyer of the stolen meat, was apprehended along with the recovered meat exhibits. Both suspects remain in custody pending further investigation.

The Force Commander of the Joint Task Force, Major General Moses Gara, condemned the attacks and criminality, affirming the commitment of Operation WHIRL STROKE to halting killings and cattle rustling in the Joint Operations Area.
He urged community leaders to strengthen collaboration with security agencies, stressing that timely intelligence sharing is critical to restoring lasting peace. Major General Gara also reassured law-abiding residents of the strong resolve of the Joint Task Force to protect lives and property across the region.
Operation Whirl Stroke arrests cow rustling suspects fuelling violence in Benue
News
Federal Government arraigns Nasir El-Rufai over alleged phone interception
Federal Government arraigns Nasir El-Rufai over alleged phone interception
By: Zagazola Makama
The Federal Government has charged former Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, before the Federal High Court, Abuja, over alleged unlawful interception of phone communications belonging to the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.
Court documents showed that El-Rufai, 65, appeared as a guest on Arise TV’s Prime Time Programme on Feb. 13, 2026, where he reportedly admitted to involvement in the interception and to knowing individuals who carried out the act without reporting them to security agencies.

The charges, filed under TABU DET CR/99/2026, include: Count One, Allegedly admitting during the television interview that he and his associates unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the National Security Adviser, contrary to Section 12 (1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
Count Two, Allegedly stating that he knew individuals who unlawfully intercepted the same communications but failed to report them, in violation of Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024. Count Three, Allegedly using technical systems to compromise public safety and national security, and instilling apprehension among Nigerians, in breach of Section 131(2) of the Nigerian Communications Act, 2003.
The case, filed by a team of Federal Government lawyers led by ME Ernest, OM Owan, UM Bulla, CS Eze, and VE G. Orubor, is set to proceed with investigations and trial proceedings.

Authorities said the matter falls under the jurisdiction of the Abuja Judicial Division of the Federal High Court, where the accused will be required to respond to the charges.
The trial is expected to attract significant public attention given the high-profile nature of the accused and the sensitive security issues involved.
Federal Government arraigns Nasir El-Rufai over alleged phone interception
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
